28- Scared

B

He looks like my dad, but at the same time, he looks nothing like my dad. He is dressed in an orange prison uniform and he has chains connected to his feet and handcuffs on his hands. 

He looks much older than when I last saw him. Yes It was two years ago, but he looks really much older. He has big, clear, and dark eye bags under his eyes and his light-brown hair is now more grey, It also looks like he has been losing his hair.

He then spots me, but his expression isn't something I can read, It looks like he was the one who was waiting for me. Toni sits next to me while the boys stand behind us and Jughead's hand is placed on my shoulder for support.

We're all silent for a while after he sat down, the guard is standing behind him, but not close enough to hear what we're about to say.
"Hi dad" My voice is confident but low. He smiles at me, but not the warm smile a dad gives his daughter, It was creepy.

"Long time since I last saw you, my lovely daughter"

"I want answers" He chuckles while shaking his head.

"On what Sweetie?" He asks.

I take a deep breath to calm my anger. "I was kidnapped and I know you have something to do with It" I start "Mom is dead and people don't know who I am why? What is your role in this?"

He smiles big, then he looks at Jughead, but his smile grows even bigger.

"Who are your friends?" I look up at Jughead and then at my dad again.

"None of your business" His smile stays, he looks sick.

"Now answer me"

"it's not that difficult sweetie"
It is silent for a few seconds where he's just staring at me.

"It all started before you were even born, but you were too naive to notice, my job has always been a drug dealer, that's what we lived for, drug money. Your mother didn't know and I earned money so It went well, but three years ago It didn't go as well." Great, my father was a drug dealer my whole childhood and neither me nor my mom ever noticed.

"Then your mom started to suspect something was wrong and she later found out what I was doing" I sat still and listened to him.

"One of those I also borrowed money from was Malachai and the gang and he wanted the money back but I didn't have any since I used them for myself so I..."

I begin to be frustrated and just wanted the full story. I know this is a game for him because he keeps smiling. "Sold you to him and his gang" He let out a chuckle. He sold me. My dad sold me! He let another man abuse me and took advantage of me. My own dad let a man rape me!

"When they took you, I paid money to the police and they happily agreed to delete you from everything as long as they got some money." At this point I didn't think It could be worse, the police were supposed to protect people.

"Noah and Sophia weren't that difficult to keep quiet, they have always been in love and they were money hungry, so that was easy"
I interrupt him before he could continue, I wanted to know what happen to mom.

"So, what did you do to mom?" My eyes started to fill with tears at the thought of her, I really miss her.

"Oh no no no, I wasn't the one who killed her, you were."

My breath got caught in my throat and I feel Jughead's thumb start stroking my shoulder.

"What do you mean?"

He looked around before lifting himself and leaning towards me. I feel the boys get closer to me and Toni who gives him a death stare. He's really close to me and then he whispers in my ear.

"Do you rememper when you tried to run away?" My body tensed at the memori and small flashbacks of me trying to run away come back, that was right before he raped me.

"His men came that day and told me how you disobaid him, so It was only fair to kill your mother and I agreed, she was too much of a bitch anyway" It felt like my whole world stopped, I knew It was a bad desistion, but he raped me that was enough! How was that not enough?!

A small tear ran down my cheek as I was at the eage of crying, I couldn't help It.

This was my fault.

Toni put her arm around me and let me lean my head on her shoulder, then Jughead spoke "This wasn't Betty's fault, your that blame for all this. It was you who involed your family and this shit, your the bad person here" Hal chuckled and started to stand up, and before any of us could realize what happened the light suddenly turned off and It went completely dark.

I grab into Jughead's hand, to feel safe. I hear guards yelling and the people in here panicking.

"Guys hold into each other and don't let go" I hear Fang's Voice. I hold tightly into Jughead's hand with one of my hands and hold into Toni's with the other one.

They make us stand up and we stand completely still, no one moves, trying not to make a sound. Afraid of what is to come.

"Jug?" I ask quietly, his hand tights around me. "It's okay Betty" Before he could say anything else, the light switched on and we could see again.

"Is anyone okay?" Jug asks as we look around.

"Um guys..." We look over at Toni, she staring in front of us and we follow her glace only to find him gone.

He isn't there.

The light starts to switch off and on and It keeps going, a second the room is dark and then it's light again. "Fuck." I hear Jughead curse.

"We gotta get out of here" People start screaming and no one has control over this, there are no police to protect us... again. We run out of the room and down the hallway to the door we came in at and the light keeps switching.

Jughead stops up and causes again. "What's wrong Jug?" My heart is pounding and my breath gets stronger.

"Okay listen!" Jughead says, taking control of the situation.

"They're after Betty, let me follow her to a safe place while you three go and find an exit, but keep your phone close"