18- God, She's beautiful

J

I hate leaving Betty alone, but I need to discuss it with the Serpents. Of course, all of them agree that Betty can stay and she has our protection, but Tallboy and his friends were against It.
Since I'm the king and still have power over Tallboy. I managed to get Betty the protection from us, even though she's not a Serpent.
The meeting ended and shortly after Toni came, I got a message from Betty

Princess❤: Goodnight Jug:)

At least I know she's home and safe, I then write goodnight and was on my way out of the bar, but was stopped by Toni
"What's up Topaz?"
"She probably won't like that I'm telling you this, but I think you need to know," She says, quietly, I immediately get worried because I know she's talking about Betty
"What's wrong?" I ask
"She trusts you Jughead, but she feels bad that you have to take care of her, she doesn't believe you care about her truly" 
I knew she was insecure, but this really hurt, of course, I care about her

Maybe even more than I should.

"I'll talk to her," I say and she nods.
I walked out of the White Wyrm and hope on my motorcycle, then drove home.

When I walk in, I hear small cries coming from Betty's room, my heart drops and I walk into her room.
I open the door and see Betty, she doesn't lie still, she keeps moving around and she has tears coming down her cheeks.
I rushed over to her, she was still asleep, but she was mumbling something
"D-Don't please"
"Betty, wake up" I softly say, but she keeps saying stop and crying even harder now.
I think about laying beside her or will It scares her more I decide to take the chance and lay beside her and hold her into my body, trying to calm her down, I place my chin on her head and stroke her hair while saying 
"It's okay" 
She tries to move away, but I keep her closer to me.
"Pl-lease s-stop" She says between sobs.
I don't know what she's dreaming about, but she's hurt
"It w-won't hap-ppend a-again" She cries.
She gets louder and her breathing gets heavier.
"STOP!" She yells and sits up, the sight breaks my heart, I don't want her to be in pain.
"You're safe" I softly say as I sit up with her.
She looks at me in fear, like she can't recognize my voice.
"J-Jug?"
"Yeah, It's me" I say and when she realizes, she quickly wipes her tears off and tries to catch her breath.
"Sorry, I'm fine" She says.
There she does It again, she hides her emotions and tries to pretend she's fine when she's not.
I give her a smile before taking her hand and leading her out of the room to the kitchen/Livingroom, I sit her down on the couch
"You want some hot chocolate?"  I ask her
"Yes, please," she said softly.

I sit next to her and hand her the hot chocolate
"You wanna talk about It?" I ask softly, she shakes her head
"Can we watch a movie?" I nod and then play Rebel without a cause, our favorite.
Then when the movie ends, we both fall asleep on the couch in each other's arms
For some reason, she feels safe with me and I'm honored to have the mission and protect her.'

The next morning I wake up and see Betty still asleep, I carefully wrap myself away from her without waking her up and starting to make breakfast.
Many thoughts are in my head, I know her nightmare had something to do with her being kidnapped. 
I know they did something bad, I just don't know what.
I know she got beaten up many times, but she's hiding something.
Something that hurts her too much to talk about.
Last night was the first time I saw her cry, but when she noticed me, she quickly stopped crying which makes me wonder if she had more nightmares without telling me.
I'm also thinking about what Toni said.
Of course, I care about her, to be honest, It hurt when she told me how insecure Betty is.

We didn't find anything about Betty's dad, but I'm considering visiting her dad in Greendale just to hear him out.
As I placed the food down, Betty started to wake up.
"Good morning sunshine" 
"Morning," She said, shyly.
She sat up and started to eat slowly while I sat down beside her, not knowing if I should talk to her or wait.
"You feel better?" I ask, and she nods.
Then the silence goes between us and It gets pretty awkward.
She looks at me before breaking the awkward silence
"What are we doing today?" she asks
I think about It for a second and answer
"What do you say about having a picnic?" I ask
"Just us?" She asks with big eyes which I find really cute. I nod and she starts blushing.
I kiss her forehead and then she gets up and takes one of my favorite books and she starts reading while cuddling into my side and holding my arm around her.
I know Betty has gone through something terrible and It hurts to know that someone would hurt someone so sweet like her.
I know I have to ask her about her nightmare and what Toni told me, but right now, I want her to relax.

After a few hours of just relaxing, It's time to get ready.
I shake her gently since she fell asleep on my with the book laying on her chest.
It doesn't bother me since she didn't have much sleep last night and lucky she didn't have any nightmares.
She slowly opens her eyes and look up at me
"Sorry, I fell asleep," She said, I shake my head
 "I don't mind, but you might start getting ready"
She nods and walks away from me.
I'm not gonna lie, I'm really excited to see her all dressed up.

A few moments after, she came in looking extremely beautiful, my mouth dropped to the floor and I just stared at her.
The way her hair curled down her body and her beautiful blue dress showed her shoulders.

God, she's beautiful.

Vote and comment:)