10 - Food

J

It's been a day since we got out of there. It's now morning, but Betty hasn't woken up yet. making me more concerned, I've talked to her and told her what's happened even though she probably can't hear me I know she's probably really scared. I mean this is the first time she's out in two years I can't imagine what's going on in the pretty head of hers.
What also concerns me is the fact that she hasn't let go of a single tear, and that's not healthy, I just hope she will wake up, so she can get some food in her body. When I took her dress off I could clearly see her ribs. she's so thin, and I got the feeling again, of Guilty. For what? I'm not sure.

I was writing a story on my laptop when I heard soft footsteps. I looked up happily seeing the most beautiful girl in the world, I put my laptop aside and went over to her giving her a hug, and she gave me one back.

"Thank you" She said, her voice was shy, I looked down at her clothes well my clothes, It's looking good on her.
"I would have given you a girl's clothes like Toni's, but her style is more black and badass."
I said carefully, trying not to make her uncomfortable.
"Thanks, are we alone?" She asks, looking around.
"Yeah, I live here alone, well not anymore" I said with a nervous chuckle.
"Anymore?" she said with a confused face.
"I mean if you want you could live with me till we find your parents." I said getting more nervous, she just looked around, probably thinking.
"I know It's probably different from your old home-" I started before she interrupted me 
"Jughead, I have been living in a dark room with only a mattress for the past two years." She said, making me realize my mistake.
"It's okay Jug, I'm just curious." She says.

"So is that a yes?" I ask.
"I only want to be with you Jug, you're the only one I have" She says with a sad voice.

She's not wrong, if no one is looking for her or caring for her, I'm the only one she has. I know she doesn't trust me, but I also know she has no choice.
I hug her again tightly, kissing her forehead.
"Now come on, Let's get you some food." I said taking her hand and leading her to the food.

"Wow!" She said, making me look at her, she has widened eyes and an open mouth.
"Go on, It's all yours." I say
"You sure?" She asks shyly but still eyes on the food.
"Yes, now eat" I didn't need to say that two times before she sat down and looked all over the food, she looked overwhelmed, which made me sad and happy at the same time.
I sat down next to her and grabbed a burger from pop's then handed It to her, she looked at it for a moment and then unpacked the burger, she then looked like she was admiring It witch made me slightly chuckle
"Shut up and eat something too, you're drooling." she says, and I start laughing.
Then we both take a bite of our burgers.
She then lets out a moan and I chuckle again
 "That's good huh." I ask, she hit my arm playfully, and there it was, the most beautiful I've ever seen- Her smile.
"There it is" I say, and she looks at me confused.
"What is?" She asks.
"Your beautiful smile." I say staring into her eyes.

An hour later we're sitting on my sofa. I have shown her the house and filed her up on the two years she missed, right now I am explaining to her the bad side of Riverdale.
"Wait, so you're saying just because the Southside has less money you get less respect?"
She asks with a shocked look on her face.
"Well as I told you, they're more scared of us but most of them think about us like Southside scum" I say, I'm happy to live here, but I still feel ashamed.
"Well... I think they are idiots" She says making me smile
"Because their leader is a big softy!" she says laughing out loud when she sees my face.
"No I'm not!" I say trying not to smile, but her laugh makes it impossible.
"Trust me you are" She says.

I walk over to her with our dinner and sit down next to her.
"So Betty I thought that maybe you can meet the Serpents tomorrow, but only if you're comfortable." I say softly.
"If you're okay with It then so am I" She says, making me smile, and then It fades away, she gives me a confused look.

"Betty, It's Wednesday and I have to go to school soon" I say sadly, When I was gone The serpents covered me, I don't even think the teachers care when I skip school sometimes.
I can tell by her face that she isn't happy.
"I know" She said sadly.
"But hey, I'll go back when you're comfortable enough to be alone okay?" I say and she nodded.
"Let's eat and then go to bed" I said, and she nodded, then we started talking again.
"So what's the plan for tomorrow?" She asks, and I can hear the anxiety in her voice.
"Well I think we will start to go to the Whyte Wyrm, so I can introduce you, and then on Friday  we can go to the mall to get you some clothes" I say
"But only if you're comfortable with It." I added.
"As long as I'm with you" a big smile appears on my face.
"Now, tell me about your friends, so I know what to expect." She says, I nod in understanding.
"I'm not gonna lie, Betts there are some creepy people and rude like a guy named Tallboy and his friends, I can't kick them out because his family have always been friends with mine but don't go near him" I said, and she nodded while she was curious listening to what I said.
"But there are also nice people like my best friends Sweet Pea, Fangs, and Toni, I trust them with my life, and you can do the same." I said, making her smile.
"Sweet Pea is a very protective person, when he cares about a person he'll do anything to protect you and I know he will like you, but he does have an angry side of him, but he would never hurt you" She nodded.
"Fangs is gay, and he's our doctor, that's why he cleaned your cuts, he's also very friendly and cares about people a lot." 
"And then we have Toni Topaz, She's my oldest friend, she's Bi and stands for women's rights, she will stand up for you no matter what and take your side, she's very loyal." I said, and then she let out a big yawn and I let out a chuckle.
"Let's get to bed" I said taking her hand and she nodded

We were both ready to go to bed. She had borrowed my jacket from some of my clothes which I think she looks extremely cute in my clothes.
"If anything happens you can wake me up okay?" I said.
"Okay" She says, then she gives me a hug where I hug back, and then she gives me a smile and walks back to her bed.
She laid down under the covers, and I walked over to her, kissing her forehead and saying.
"Good night, Blondie" 
"Good night, Jug" And once again my heart smelt by the nickname.

Vote and comment:)

1236 words