14- The raven haired Waitress

J

By now I've learned that she's terrible at lying, so I know something is bothering her.
"What's wrong?" I ask her
"There are so many people staring" She whispers and keeps her head down, she's not wrong though, Riverdale is a small town and nothing really happens, well not on the Northside, so when you see the Southside gang leader shopping with a blond new girl, obviously in my clothes people will talk and I know that's not what Betty needs.
"I know" I say and then think about what to do.
"I'm hungry, let's get something to eat" She nods
"Okay, well I know a perfect place where both Northsiders and Southsiders are welcome" 
"That sounds nice" She says and I smile. 

We arrived at Pop's and walked in.
Pop's is a really nice place and has the nicest owner who loves us all, and we all love him.
Pop's gives me many memories, with my friends and family. I have been eating at pops since I can remember and a lot of my time here I use to write. I know Betty will love this place.
There are not as many people in there as there were in the mall, and she seems much calmer now.

As we open the door the bell rings and Pop Tate comes out of the small kitchens with a big smile.
"Jughead, It's nice to see you again" He says.
"It's nice to see you Pop" He smiles and then turns to Betty
"And who is this beautiful young lady?" He asks, but she keeps her head down, she does that a lot when she's nervous.
"This is my friend Betty, She's new in town"
"The usual?" He asks, and I nod 
"What do you want, Betts?" 
She struggles
"I think she would like a small pack of french fries and a strawberry milkshake" I order, knowing Betty still has to learn to eat more if I pursue her to eat more she's just going to throw it all up again since she's not used to much food.
We found a booth in the corner and I sat down watching Betty curiously looking around before sitting down.
"I think I was here one time as a kid" She says with a small smile.
I softly said, "I know this is all new and difficult, but If it gets too much, tell me"
She nodded
"Your friends are nice" She said.
"I'm glad you think that, just forget about what Tallboy says okay?" She nodded.
We continued to talk for a while before a raven-haired waitress named Veronica, A Northsider, and one of the most popular girls at school, but she's okay.
She placed the food down in front of us, and then she looked at Betty, up and down.
"Hi, I don't think we've met, I'm Veronica Lodge" She said with a smile.
Betty them looking at me and I nod to show It's okay
"I'm Betty, nice to meet you" She shyly says with a small smile.
"Nice to meet you too, are you new here?" Veronica asks and Betty nod, Veronica then ask if she's gonna go to Riverdale high and Betty answers with a simple "Maybe, I'm not sure" 
Veronica nodded and turns to me 
"Your friend seems nice and way too innocent to this town so if you hurt her I will happily kick your ass" I chuckle, and Betty smiles a little
"I'll be careful then"  Veronica then walks away
"She's your friend?" Betty asks and I shake my head.
"No, she's a Northsider, but she's sweet as long as she's not with her Northside friends" Betty nods and starts eating.

When we're done, we're leaving the money on the board and heating outside. Then driving back to the Whyte wyrm to see if Toni found something, I can tell Betty is nervous.

When we get there, I help Betty get off the motorcycle, and then we walk into the wyrm. There aren't many people at this time, but we still get all of there's attention as we walk in.
We walk over to the bar when Hot Dog comes running toward me.
 "Hi, bud" I say, sitting down and patting him.
"Is this the dog you guys stole?" Betty asks, also patting him.
"Yeah, Malachi wasn't very sweet, so we stole him" She nodded.
"Yeah, I remember" She says a little sad, she probably got beaten up because we stole him.
"You gave him a better name right?" She asks, and I nod
"Hot dog" I say, she smiles.
"That's a hundred times better than Hash" She says.
"Hash?" I ask with raised eyebrows,  she nods with a small giggle.
Hot dog likes her.
Maybe even more than he likes me.
 "Jones!" I hear Toni calling.
"Did you find anything?" I ask as we stand up
"Can we talk first, alone?" She asks, which probably means she found something, but not something good.
"Betty, will you be okay here with Fangs and Sweet Pea?" I ask as they come up to us, she nods slowly, and I walk away with Toni.

Whatever she's going to say, I know It will be bad.
"Talk to me Topaz" She nods and closes the door, so we're alone.
"Okay, well It was harder than I thought, I haven't found anything about her father except that he's working at the Greendale newspaper," she says.
"And her mother?" I ask and Toni's expression becomes sad
"About that..." She starts and then handed me a paper, I took It from her and started reading.

  - Alice Cooper (born Smith)
Died on the 28 of September.
She was killed by an unknown man and now she's peacefully in the Cemetery of Greendale.
She was a loving wife.
A loving friend.
And a loving human.
May she rest in peace. -

My heart dropped, Betty's mom died a year ago.
What confuses me is she got killed by an unknown man, maybe Malachai or Betty's dad, and Betty as her daughter isn't mentioned.
How am I gonna tell her?
"You sure this is the right Alice Cooper?" I ask, hoping for Betty that her mother isn't dead.
"Yeah, Alice Cooper, born as Smith, was working on the Greendale newspaper with her husband Hal Cooper" I sigh.
"But Betty isn't mentioned?" 
"That's what is so weird, I can't find anything about a girl named Betty who lives in Greendale, It's like she just vanished," She said.
Something is wrong.
"Okay, I'm gonna tell Betty" She nods and we walk out.

Vote and comment:)

Poor Betty:(