27- Butterflies

B

When Jughead finally calmed down, he agreed to hear what his dad was to say.

It warms my heart how protected he was over me, he wanted to make sure I was okay and He wont to make sure I didn't leave him.

I don't even know how he could ever think of me leaving him, because that's the last thing I would ever do.

He's my family and I care about him really much. I am here by choice and I trust Jughead to protect me and keep me safe.

I know he's guilty of leaving me also and at first, I was mad at him too, that could have been Malachi and I wouldn't have had a chance to fight back.

He has his head buried in my tummy while I play with his hair, sometimes he gives me a hum in relaxation with his eyes closed.

I also know he feels bad about yelling, but he shouldn't. I feel bad about flinching, of course I know he wouldn't hurt me physically or mentally, and the sadness in his eyes made me want to cry.

The next time I wake up, I'm in my bed but Juggie isn't next to me.

I stand up and take some comfy clothes on before slowly making my way out of the room.

I hear voices in the living room and I immanently recognize the voices as Jughead and his dad.

Before my mind starts to panic, I see them sitting down and talming calmly.

I walk toward Jughead and when he hears me, his head snaps in my direction and he held his arms out for me to take and I do, he brings me down to his lab and kisses my forehead.

"Did you sleep okay?" he asked me as he wraps his arms around my hips.

"Yes, what about you?" He gives me a nod and smiles at me.

Then Fp interrupts us "Just friends you say?"

My face flush red at the thought of us being more than friends.

Fp chuckled at my reaction as he continues talking with Jug.

It seems like Jughead doesn't want any dad and son relationship as he's still rude, but I don't blame him. Luckily he has listened to my advice and he wants to see JB.

I didn't think of It before, but now I do.

I live with Jughead in his home and in his little sister's room. I know Jughead will figure a way out to make JB stay, so what about me?

When Fp leaves, Jughead and I get ready to visit my dad. Yes, you head right.

We're gonna visit my dad. We had a small argument about me going with him, but I won so now I'm going.

We won't go alone though, Bouth Sweet Pea, Fangs and of course, Toni is coming with us.

We're all angry to get answers about what happened when I was gone and why I was gone.

The only thing we know is that my dad had something to do with It and I wasn't just a random girl who got taken away, It was all planned, but by who and why?
Where does Malachai come into this mess and what did my mom do to deserve death?
Not only that, but why did nobody look for me or remember me?

So many questions we don't have the answers to, but hopefully, we will soon and when that time comes the serpents will help me take revenge.

When we arrive at the prison, Jughead gets us in and tells the officers we're on a visit for Harald Cooper. I don't miss the surprise and shock on their faces and neither do Toni and the boys, but I guess I would have been more worried if someone came to visit him often.

One of the officers walks us down to a visiting room with small tables.

The prison is big and boring, the only color you see is gray, but oh well It is a prion.

"Betts?" I hear Jughead whisper just loud enough for me to hear.

I look up at him, he's looking forward and doesn't make eye contact.

"I don't know what to expect, but please be careful" Again my heart warms and my cheeks flush red of how much he worries about me.

I slowly bring my hand in his as we keep walking.

He holds my hand tightly, but not enough to hurt me, the butterflies in my stomach only grew stronger as we kept walking, hand in hand.

After a long walk through the grey hallways, we finely stop at the visit rooms.

The officer informs us that there a guards all around to help if something happens, he also explains the rules, but that there is no problem as no one of us wants him out of prison.

When we walk in, he isn't there but others are, with their family or friends.

We sit down at a table in the middle and wait for my dad, he knows someone is waiting for him but he doesn't know who.

The expression on his face will reveal a lot, he will be surprised but is it be course he's happy that I'm alive or because he wanted me dead.

Before any of us say a word, we head the door open and the sound of chains making contact with the floor can be heard.

He's here.