30- The dark path

J

We got out of there and I took Betty on a walk to get her to clear her mind.

We're safe now. Malachai and his gang are in jail and so is Hal.

The police don't know our story. No one does and It is for the safety of Betty, we don't know how many want her dead or hurt, and we don't know how her town will react when they find out she's alive. Betty chooses to forget Noah and Sophia and doesn't want anything to do with them. We agreed on being careful with the police, for us they aren't someone to trust.

If they find out she's alive and the story comes out about them taking money instead of protecting a teenage girl, then they will be in deep trouble. Betty says she doesn't have anything in Greendale anymore that isn't her home.

Riverdale is.

"Can we sit down?" She asks as we near a bench.

"Of course" I put a hand on her lower back as walk toward the bench. I can tell she's nervous about something, I don't know what but I know she has something on her mind. She's fighting with her finders as we sit down. "Betty, what's wrong?" Slowly my worry starts to grow.

We should be happy, but she's sad. Why is she sad?

"I know something is on your mind, please talk to me" She looks up from her fingers and stared into my eyes. "I feel like a burden Jug" Her eyes don't have a single sigh of happiness and she couldn't be more wrong.

My girl is not a burden neither to me nor to the Serpents.

Most of the Serpents have already taken her in like a family, She's a sister to most of the Serpents. The little sister they're all so protective over.

She brings happiness into our lives, we need her.

I gently place my hand on hers to make her stop fighting with her fingers. "You could never be a burden Betts, everyone loves you"

"But I'm the reason for all this mess with Hal and the Ghoulies" Her voice is full of sadness.

"No you're not Betty, this has nothing to do with you" I tell her

"You and your mother were just unlucky to get involved with a man like Hal" Hal doesn't deserve Betty or her mother, he's a monster and didn't do anything right. He's an idiot who only thinks about himself and unfortunately, Betty and Alice were dragged into his mess without knowing It. "I miss her" I sigh softly feeling bad for her as I know how she feels.

"She's proud of you Betty"

"I know" She says with a big smile on her face that makes me smile.

"Betty, I know you have been through a lot and you have many trust issues, but I wanna show you how good life can be, as long as you're with the right people" Life is shit, no need to lie about that. But with the right people with you, you can go through It, I wanna show her that. Show her that we can make her happy. That I can make her happy.

"Ther's something I want you to know" Her voice breaks at the end.

"Something that happened that night" I know it's serious and I know she has been through more than I know off. I know he had hurt her more than any of us realize.

I know he kidnapped her, and I know he beat her up and let others beat her up, but the way she was when we got her out of there showed that she has been through enough, been through something a girl like her shouldn't have. "Take your time Betty, only when you're ready" 

She takes a deep breath before speaking

"I had planned to run away for a long time, but the Ghuelies were everywhere and Malachai always had his eyes on me" I can only imagine how Malachi kept his eyes on her and made sure she didn't run away. "But I wanted to go home" Her voice is full of sadness and so is her face.    

"I took a chance that night, a chance I will forever regret" She again takes a deep breath before explaining.

"I made It to the woods and ran as fast as I could, I thought I could finally be free from him and back to my old life, but he was faster and caught me"
"He brought me back to the house only for me to find out he walked me toward his room"
She looks up at me, I just stare at her wanting to know what he did, but as much as I prepared for the worst I would have never peperd me for what she tells me next.

"He raped me"

My body burns up in anger, not at her but at him. As a human, you can do many bad and evil things, but touching a person without her or his consent is disgusting.

"He raped me and then killed my mother because I tried to run away" I know she's full of guilt but this was not her fault. I bring my hand up and wipe the tear from her beautiful eyes.

"He's sick Betty and I swear to you, he or any other man will never touch you without your consent ever again. More tears start to roll down her cheeks, just the sight of It breaks my heart. A sob escapes her lips, I bring her head close to me and kiss her on the forehead, and softly place her head on my shoulder.

An angel like her shouldn't ever cry.