16- Difficult night

J

I stayed up late to make sure Betty is okay, but also get the chance to work on my novel. The time flew by fast It was in the middle of the night, and I was still awake.
This is probably why I heard some sounds that came from Betty's room.
It sounds like sobs and they were getting louder, so I placed my computer at the desk and started walking toward her room.

I gently knocked at her door.
 "Betty?" She didn't answer and her cries got louder, so I opened the door. I turned the light on, only to see Betty curled up in a ball. Having tears streaming down her cheeks. 
I run toward her quickly and sit down in front of her 
"Betts?" I ask, and she looks up at me.
It breaks my heart when she's hurt.
"I-I think s-something is wrong" She slutted out with a quiet voice.
I begin to panic and I tried to figure out what is wrong. I then noticed she was holding around her stomach. I brushed her hair out of her face and pulled her hands away while she winced in pain.
I pulled her blouse up a little and saw one of her big wounds was red and I immediately knew what was wrong. Her wound is infected and if we don't do anything, It will only get worse.
"Betty, listen to me okay?" I say, getting her attention
"Your wound is infected, but It's gonna be okay" I say, trying to calm her down
"It hurts" Her quiet voice managed to say.
I kissed her head and then ran into my room to find my phone and called Fangs, while trying to find the first aid kit. 
"Dude, It in the midd-"
"You have to come now!" I cut him off
"One of Betty's wounds is infected and she's in pain" I say and Fang tells me he's on his way and then I hang up and rush back to Betty.
She was lying in the same position and she still had tears.
"Hey, It's okay Betts" She looks up at me and swings her arms around me neck, while crying into my neck.
I set down placing her on my lab while rubbing her back and telling her everything is going to be okay.

In a few moments, Fangs come rushing into the room with Toni.
I kissed Betty's head and moved away.
"Okay Betty, you need to pull your hands away from the wound" Fangs says.
She tries, but I can see how much It hurts so I take her hands in mine and stoking them with me thumbs.
"Toni, can you get some pills to take the pain away?" I ask, she nods and quickly looks for some pills. 
She comes back with the pills and a glass of water.
I hand Betty the pills and she gives me a small smile, and then swallow them.
"This is going to burn okay?" Fangs say, she nods and holds my hands thighter.
Fangs gently started to touch the wound with his cloth and she let out a sob while pressing her eyes shut and holding my hand tight.
"It's okay Betts" 
He soon stopped and found some bandages in his bag and band in around her wound
"You can take It off tomorrow morning, but if it feels worse then keep It"
We nodded and then we let Betty stay in bed as we walked into the living room.

"I hate to ruin It Jones, but we have to talk with the Serpents about her" Toni says with a sigh.
"I know" I want to protect Betty and keep her here but It will take a battle with the Serpents or more with Tallboy and his friends.
They gave me a sympathetic look before walking out.
I walk back into Betty's room, but she's already peacefully asleep.
I don't want to wake her, so I close the door and walk into my own room.

I wake up the next morning and get dressed, then I walk out of my room and see Betty laying on the couch watching TV.
"You slept last night?" I ask her as I'm walking toward her to sit on the couch beside her.
"Yeah, I already took the bandage off" She replied with a smile.
I nod and walk up to the kitchen to find something to eat.
"Jug?" She asks as I sit on the couch with some caramel.
"Yeah?"I say and she looks up at me
"Can you maybe text Toni, I want to be friends with her" She asks, a little shy, and I find It really cute.
"Wait" I say as I get up off the couch, she gives me a confused look, but I walk over to the little drawer and open It to find my old phone.
"This is my old phone, my contacts are still in there" I start and her eyes grow bigger.
"It's yours now" 
I handed her the phone, she looked really excited. "Are you sure Jug?" 
I nod and her smile grows bigger.
I help her open the phone and explain how to use It, I also insert my number, now she can text Toni and I don't have to worry if anything goes wrong she can call or text me.
"What should I write?" She asks.
"Just ask her if you two can meet at pop's or something"
She nods and started texting.
"Do you think she will say yes?" I clearly hear her insecurity.
"You don't have to worry, she already loves you" I say and she gives me a little smile and then goes back to texting.
A few moments later she puts the phone on the table in front of us and curdles in my arms.
"She agreed to meet at pop's and then to the mall" Betty says a little nervous, but also excited.
"Okay, but if anything happens you can call me"
She nods
"Thank you"

Betty has already become a really important person in my life, and It makes me really happy that she and my best friends can be friends, I've always felt bad for Toni because most of us are guys.

Vote and comment:)