18:Mournful

Tree looked hesitantly at the river in front of him, but he swore that he had just seen Pen across the river, he didn't believe in ghosts. But this one he could, Tree took a second to remember what he was doing a second before.

Tree looked up from his bed, watching the door as it creaked open. Her recognized the calm, fluffed face of Pie. "What do you want?" He rasped, glaring at Pie. She looked behind her before turning back to him. "Something big just happened," she mewed, walking toward him. "Free foods cabin collasped, and only one person lived." Tree snorted, "and why, should i care?" He asked, his voice rasping as always. Pie sighed, "never said you had to care. I'm informing you, since you never leave." Tree tried to speak, but Pie interrupted him. "We had a meeting, cats fought, and Blocky died. Golfball killed him. Then everyone left." Tree tilted his head, his eyes sparking with a sudden intrest. "Why did Blocky anf Golfball fight?"

Pie explained, and Tree stayed intrested throughout the whole explanation. "Huh." He mewed at last, and Pie just shrugged, taking off. Tree turned to the window, and saw a flash of blue and white. Red, too. He quickly lifted himself up. Pen? Tree scrambled closer to the window, pulling it up amd poking his head out. Tree felt a liquid drip onto his nose, it smelled like metal, he put his paw on his nose to wipe it off. He looked at his paw pad. Blood. Tree hesitantly looked up. A transparent face loomed over him. He knew this was Pen, but he shook his head. Ghosts weren't real. But maybe, just the ghost of Pen? That sounded stupid. Tree looked around, and saw a shimmering light lead into the forest, he leaped out of his window, and flew towards the path of stars.

Tree followed the path, walking past a clearing. Taking no notice of the body infested with goopy water. He he had one mindset:find Pen. The path he followed faded as he walked, he heard water lapping agasint a shore as he got closer, and closer, and closer, and jere he was now.

Tree shook his head, and saw the path of stars go past the stream. Threating to fade, he stepped back, crocuhing down, and with a massive leap, he jumped across the raging river, and slamming into the dirt. Tree shook himself free of dirt, snorting in annoyance he began to trek after the stars again.

Tree flicked his ear, there was another river. "Another? That's the 3rd one.." he muttered, as he reached the river, the stars were gone. There was no more trail, frantically he looked around for anything he could use to return, but there was nothing. He didn't know the way back, it's wasn't just a straight line. His lashed his tail and turned to the river. "What if I go forward?" Tree asked himself, drawing backwards, and getting into a crouch, Tree lept forward, expecting to reach the other side, but he reached fur and a blinding light, he was pushed backwards, crouching he looked up, and his eyes lit up with terror.

 "What if I go forward?" Tree asked himself, drawing backwards, and getting into a crouch, Tree lept forward, expecting to reach the other side, but he reached fur and a blinding light, he was pushed backwards, crouching he looked up, and his eyes...

Tree stumbled back after staring forna few seconds. "Pen? What-? No!" He hissed, lashing his tail, his eyes still wide with terror, "ghosts aren't real!" He snarled. Pen started him down, as if looking for something that wasn't there, Pen then hit tree in the face with his tail as he turned on his paws and made a dash for the undergrowth. Tree gasped, then chased after him, as though something was making him do so, hard on Pens paws, he stayed racing after the cat.

Tree gasped for air as Pen skidded to a stop, Pen turned towards him. Walking forward. "You don't know who?" He asked, Tree tilted his head, "don't know who?" Pen stared down at him, as Tree had returned to his crouch, "killer." He mewed simply. And Tree shook his head. "No one knows." Pen grinned. "We, the ghosts, and some of the living are aware." Pen responded, keeping his grin. Tree stepped back, "then why haven't you done anything! Why has everyone sat like idiots!" Tree demanded, snarling with found anger. Pen looked st him with a frown, "you don't understand, do you?" He asked. Tree finally stood to full height, meeting the height of the ghost. "I'm going to kill you, you aren't real!" He yowled, bracing himself as he lept forward.

The two cats fought, snarling and tearing fur. Blood sprayed onto a rock, in the end, Tree stood triumphantly over Pen, claws ready to score down his neck. But, Pen wasn't letting this happen. He kicked the green and brown cat off him, yowling in a rage, fading. Tree looked up, and his eyes fell upon a massive, black paw dripping with black goop, above him. Ready to kill

Pie looked at the main cabin window, night has fallen and Tree wasn't back yet

Pie looked at the main cabin window, night has fallen and Tree wasn't back yet. Where was he? She wondered as stars began to light up in the sky. Pie shook her head, and went back ti her room. Pie wanted to freak out, but couldn't. She always to keep this calm demeter, and if she didn't, she'd explode. Pie lashed her tail as she waited for Tree to return. He had to! Pie was repesting the same thoguht again and again, before she finally decided to sleep.

Pie followed Trees scent. Passing the same clearing, same rivers, before finding his dead body. All of his bones were crushed and his eyes had fallen out. He was a mangled mess of blood and bones. Pie wailed, "we've lost another. You couldn't recover." Pie knelt to his side, tears stung her eyes. She said nothing more as she sobbed next to his body.

Tree watched Pie sobs, hoping she wouldn't cry too much. Then she would explode. Tree stood next to his friend, wishing that he could come back, anf say goodbye

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ALRIGHT Y'ALL, MY CHAPTERS ARE STILL WACKO. So, you have to read the chapters in order by skipping by some then going back. I know how to fix that, but can't do it untill the book is done.