They'll Have To Go Through Me

*Read Kiss of Death: Nobody Touches Anything to understand a little bit about what's happening. It's gonna take me some time to catch up my Law and Order SVU book to this story so that chapter will be coming sometime in the future

Kim: "Ross McCadden. Six years on the job." she informs, motioning to a body lying on the ground in a hospital

Adam: "He was my homeroom instructor at the academy. We were really good friends. I just talked to him. Somebody tell Jenny? Has his wife been notified, or..."

Roman: "Yeah. Street deputy and peer support team went to their house." he nods, watching Adam remove the sheet, turning his head away as tears come to his eyes

Olinsky: "Lewellen?"

Roman: "Uh, yeah." he nods, motioning down the hall

Kevin: "Sorry, man." he sighs, patting Adam on the back

Roman: "Fire alarm was pulled right around the time of death. Security guard walked up right when a guy wearing a hoodie and a ball cap was walking away."

Olinsky: "What condition was Lewellen in? Was he out of the coma?"

Roman: "Yeah, he was responsive, talking to doctors."

Antonio: "Where's the security room?"

Roman: "I'll take you to it."
-
Antonio: "He never saw it coming."

Guard: "Horrible. Just...horrible."

Kevin: "Can you freeze that image? Ah, that's the only angle you got?"

Guard: "Yeah, that's it."

Kevin: "All right, print that out."

Guard: "Not a lot to go on. Sorry."

Antonio: "We've started with less."

Adam: "Hey. Voight's in the air on his way back from New York, wants everybody to meet at the district, two hours."

•••

Voight: "All right, you all remember Detective Benson, New York Special Victims. This is Detective Amaro" he motions to the pair standing by the entrance of the bullpen "They have full jurisdictional powers here. And together...we're gonna end this" he declares "All right, this pedophile ring, they're desperate, well-connected, and clearly they'll do anything to avoid being exposed. We found the body in New York, but the head of the snake is here in Chicago."

Elizabeth: "Alright, so, Bob Clinton, he is our middleman from New York. Now, NCMEC tells us that he was getting victims from a youth center in Times Square. Now, a lot of the kids were actually funneled to New York from here in Chicago, and according to our talks with Clinton, there is a higher-up, a true shot-caller."

Nick: "Now, Clinton was gonna give us a name, but he didn't make it 24 hours in jail. Was shanked in the showers."

Voight: "We like Lewellen for financing this whole thing. Antonio, where we at with the shooter?"

Antonio: "Well, due to the poor quality of the video, there's no match in the face recognition database. Best we got is male, white, around 5'9", dark hair, 170 pounds, give or take."

Voight: "So, patrol, you turn over every stone you can to get an I.D. on this guy."

Kim: "You got it, Sergeant."

Voight: "Ruzek, Lewellen himself, where we at with that?"

Adam: "Got to all his main accounts. Nothing stood out except for payments to a Oakbrook Senior Community, Western suburbs. Comes in at, like, $5k a month."