Never Forget I Love You

Genevieve: "Hear congratulations are in order" she smiles, walking beside Voight as they arrive at a dock "Chief Petty Officer, huh? And here I remember you used to be afraid of jumping off the diving board at the lake."

Alec: "Well, what can I say I've grown" he chuckles, pulling her into a hug before holding his hand out towards Voight "How's dry land treating you?"

Voight: "Still standing."

Genevieve: "I bet this view never gets old."

Alec: "Even better from above. Fourth of July, it's the best but when it's 20-below in January, I dream of a heated sauna."

Genevieve: "Hmm."

Voight: "Where's this floater?"

Alec: "These yacht club guys claim they took their boat out to fish and were casting their nets for live bait."

Voight: "Huh."

Alec: "Nearly fell overboard when they pulled this in." he informs, opening up a tarp to show a severed head lying inside

Voight: "I'm thinking unnatural causes."

Alec: "That's why I called you. Floaters come up every few months, but not like this."

Genevieve: "Look at that. Looks like a small-caliber entry wound" she hums, pointing to a hole on the side of her head "She's still got her teeth. We should upload them to ViCAP, see if we can ID her from her dental records."

Voight: "If we want any real shot at ID'ing her, we're gonna need the rest of the body. They got GPS."

Alec: "Oh, they've got a lot more than that."

Voight: "Let's retrace their path."

•••

Alec: "It's been a few hours. It's possible the current swept the body out further."

Genevieve: "Can we give it a few more minutes?"

Alec: "Not gonna fight overtime, but my guys only got 15 minutes of air left."

Voight: "All right, thanks, Alec."

Alec: "You got it." he hums, moving over to the other side of the boat as the pair step closer to the front of the boat, looking into the water

Genevieve: "You know my first year on patrol, I responded to this call at Douglas Park. A jogger saw a hand sticking out of the lagoon, so a marine unit came and drained it, and they found two more bodies."

Voight: "Mother killed her two boys."

Genevieve: "Yeah, she tied them together with an extension cord. That kind of thing never leaves you."

Alec: "Diver one just located an object on the bottom." he informs, calling the pair over as they watch a basket brought up onto the surface with a body lying on it