Natural Born Storyteller

Standing in the kitchen, pouring herself a cup of coffee, Genevieve perks up when feeling arms wrap around her waist. Smiling to herself she softly hums as a pair of lips connect to her neck, giving her sweet, sleepy kisses

Genevieve: "Hmm. Good morning."

Jay: "Morning" he hums, placing a couple more kisses on her shoulder, reaching around to hold his phone out in front of her "What do you think? Huh? It's got a walk-in shower with the dual steam heads."

Genevieve: "Wow. Nice."

Jay: "Right." he hums, watching as she scrolls through, stopping at a page which makes her turn her head to give him a pointed look

Genevieve: "Jay."

Jay: "What? Okay, look I know it's a little more than what we initially talked about."

Genevieve: "It's a lot more."

Jay: "But just think about how incredible our mornings are gonna feel inside that shower."

Genevieve: "Too expensive."

Jay: "Oh, come on."

Genevieve: "Okay, how about this. You pick up some overtime shifts and then we can get it."

Jay: "Why me?"

Genevieve: "You're the one who wants the fancy shower with the whatever and the whatever, you're the one working the overtime."

Jay: "Okay, well how about the loft on Division?"

Genevieve: "The one with the toilet next to the stove? We are not moving in there."

Jay: "It's intimate."

Genevieve: "Yeah, so is prison." she scoffs

Jay: "So, I guess I'll keep looking then."

Genevieve: "Smart choice" she hums, patting his chest as she looks at a message on her phone "We gotta go."

•••

Roman: "The offender apparently got a new piece, went popping off at a cookout. Got to love a heat wave in Chicago."

Kim: "So we chased him in here, subdued him using the minimal force necessary to affect an arrest."

Roman: "Jack-off tried to ditch the hardware. He threw it in a yard four houses south."

Kim: "I spotted the blood, opened the refrigerator. Never saw anything quite like that." she sighs, motioning to a fridge where a young boy is stuffed inside

Olinsky: "I sincerely doubt your shooter wanted us to find this. These are unrelated acts."

Erin: "This is a black neighborhood, always has been. We're gonna find out somebody moved that kid here."

Madeline: "That call that was on the zone this morning. Kid went missing from Rogers Park. I think this is him."

Genevieve: "Who the hell does this to a kid?" she scoffs, shaking her head

Voight: "We're gonna solve this. Whatever it was."

Antonio: "I know we will."

•••

Antonio: "We owe this kid our best, so what do we know?"

Adam: "All right, tender-age white child found dead in a black neighborhood. We're still waiting on the ME, but responding EMTs indicate that, um...kid's neck was snapped. He was stabbed in the abdomen three times."

Joseph: "And his wrists and ankles were bound with sailor's knots, for what that's worth."

Jay: "His name was Jeremy Dolan. He was reported missing 36 hours ago from Rogers Park. He was eight years old. His parents are Richard and Rochelle. They're waiting at the morgue to ID the body."