I Remember Her Now

Kim: "Homeless couple waved down a blue and white a couple hours ago."

Voight: "What do we got?"

Kenny: "A kid."

Voight: "Huh." he hums, watching the elevator raise up, the body of a young girl laying on the platform with blood on her forehead

Erin: "Multiple contusions, fractures, damage to the skull. The M.E. says some of this might've come from the fall, but not most."

Olinsky: "She isn't bleeding. She's leaking. We got dual lividity."

Jay: "I think she was beaten and died face down. She was probably dumped here after. There's asphalt, dirt in her wounds."

Genevieve: "No ID yet, doesn't match any missing persons. Clothes are clean. Hair's washed. Doubt she's homeless."

Voight: "Well, someone should be looking for her."

Joseph: "K-9 unit and patrol did a top to bottom search. There's no one here but her."

Voight: "She can't be more than-"

Kim: "Fifteen" she sighs, coming back over to the group "It was outside in the dumpster. I.D. looked like a match."

Voight: "Sam Wells."

Kim: "I ran it through the system. She's a resident at Brady."

Jay: "Currently?"

Kim: "Yeah, and hasn't been reported missing."

Voight: "Huh, Brady."

Kenny: "Am I the only one who doesn't know what Brady is?"

Genevieve: "It's in 21. A home for troubled girls. Wards of the state."

Kim: "It's the kind of place you don't forget responding to."

Jay: "Yeah, and they're supposed to keep their doors locked 24/7." he hums, a solemn silence coming over the group as they look down at Sam's body

•••

Voight: "Look, our DOA has been a resident at Brady for six months. We found cash, a toothbrush, change of clothes in her bag, a receipt from a convenience store stamped 28 hours ago. It looks like she ran away. No one from Brady ever reported her gone."

Trudy: "In 2015, my officers responded to Brady 185 times. Habitual runaways, ODs, suicide attempts, violence. In the past 80 days, my officers have been called to Brady just 4 times."

Voight: "They were about two police reports away from getting shut down, losing all that funding, so they came up with a solution: Stop calling the police. Brady didn't suddenly clean up. They just got a little better at being dirty."

Crowley: "You want my permission to break down their door?"

Voight: "No, I want the exact opposite." he hums, making a confused look come over Crowley's face

•••

Man: "I don't give a damn what you did to get here. I'm certainly not interested in hearing your sob story. You're my problem for a year and then you're gone. You don't make my life a living hell, I won't make yours a living hell. You understand."

Skylar: "Sure." she huffs, leaning back in her seat

" she huffs, leaning back in her seat