A Night Owl

Kim: "This is where the dog indicated." she hums, motioning to a trunk

Adam: "There's nothing in there."

Madeline: "Then you got nothing to worry about." she shrugs, checking around the trunk

Genevieve: "You put in a new sound system?"

Adam: "No."

Genevieve: "Well..." she hums, knocking around a few places "Something was installed in here and it's not factory."

Connecting to wires to the side of the trunk they watch as a hidden compartment is unlocked

Madeline: "Ooh." she hums, grabbing hold of one of the bricks

Adam: "I have no idea what that is."

Genevieve: "I'll tell you what it is. It's heroin."

Kim: "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law."

•••

Adam: "I swear to you, I have no idea how the drugs got there. I'm obviously not a drug dealer. Surely there's another explanation."

Joseph: "That's where we look to you. Why were you leaving the city with ten kilos of heroin?"

Adam: "I was going to give a lecture. That's all I know. How long is the...the bail process?"

Joseph: "Your bond is based on the street value of the seized narcotics. Cost you half a million to walk out of here, but we can sit on you for 48 hours and we've got ten kilos of probable cause to put you in a county lockup. The bail process is the least of your worries right now."

Voight: "Look, it's pretty clear what's going on here. Somebody put you up to this. Just do yourself a favor. Give us a name."

Adam: "Believe me, Sergeant, I wish I could tell you something."

Voight: "Professor, I don't know if you're scared or confused, so I'm gonna give you some time to think about the consequences of the situation you're in." he hums, giving him a look before slamming the door shut

•••

Jay: "Marijuana?"

Mouse: "It's medical marijuana" he corrects as Jay chuckles in amusement "And as you know, it's perfectly legal in Chicago as of six months ago."

Jay: "All right, I'm not so sure, man."

Mouse: "Look, you're the one who said that you wanted to move up in the world. It's a high-paid gig, the owner's totally legit. She has an MBA from Northwestern."

Jay: "Who's this? Who we got?"

Madeline: "The one who interrupted my fantastic massage last night."

Adam: "You go to a massage parlor or something?"

Madeline: "Not that kind of massage." she smirks along with Erin as the others chuckle in amusement

Genevieve: "Adam Ames. 61 years old. He's got no criminal record, not even an overdue library book. He's married with three adult children. Respected professor at Central Chicago University where he teaches social ethics, which is...well I don't really know what that is."

Erin: "I'm guessing it's not about running ten kilos of heroin into Canada."

Jay: "Yeah, doesn't sound like he has financial problems. The guy lives in River Forest."

Kevin: "Professor could be getting played."

Adam: "Yeah, remember that guy that got killed bringing bullets in from Canada? Turned out his nephew put the load in the trunk. Remember that?"