Chapter 3 - Speech

I stormed out of the room and Maxon followed me. I sat down on a couch near by, crying because it still hurts and of course because of my naivety. I looked at him and I can see that he's irritated but when he noticed the tears escaped my eyes, his eyes soften. He sat down as well, embracing me.

"Calm down. Everything's gonna be okay" Maxon cooed.

"I-I can't! Its still hurts so bad" I confessed.

"I know. I know. I'll be here when they get married, I'll always be right here. Don't worry" He said pulling my face to look at his honey brown eyes.

I sniffed. Maxon dried up my tears and I fixed my hair.

"Now, Smile. You should've been smiling today. The palace misses your happy voice" He encouraged.

I obeyed. I kinda plastered a small smile at first and when I glance at him to see that he's smiling. My smile grew bigger.

"How about a coffee downtown to get you some air." He said.

"I like that idea. I want the Elite girls and my whole gang with us" I replied.

"I like it. I'm sure the girls would love that idea, they've never been out of the palace walls for a long time. Maybe, here but this is still a palace" He explained.

We were walking to our rooms when I thought of something.

"Maxon" I called.

He turned to face me.

"Wear something casual. Not a suit, you know that! I will also tell the girls one by one. Let me do your job once in a while" I said

"I will. Oh, and thank you for telling the girls" He replied.

"Its my pleasure!" I replied, winking at him

...........

I knocked on Celeste's room first. A maid opened the door for me.

"Can I speak with Lady Celeste?" I asked.

She opened the door widely and curtsied as I stepped it. Celeste saw me and sunk in a curtsy.

"You don't need that...I'm Delancy by the way" I began sticking out a hand for her to shake.

"And I'm Celeste, Your Highness" She said shaking my hand.

"Just call me Delancy" I said. "If you're wondering why I'm here its because...We're going out" I said roaming around her suite. I looked at her and saw her eyes went wild.

"We will go around the city like others does. I want you to dress up in a casual manner. Like you did before you got into the selection. Understood?" I said.

"Yes...Delancy" She replied.

"I want you to be in the Great Room after you get dressed" I said walking out of her room.

I knocked on Kriss's door and again I did the same thing I did to Celeste. I did  and said the same thing on Elise. Last but not the least, I walked to America Singer's suite.

Her door is opened, she is sitting on her piano bench and playing a song that I'm not familiar of. I assume its her own composition, Maxon told me about this girls and I really think she is the most special girl here.

I let her finish the song and I clapped my hands. She looked at me surprised, she quickly stood up and sunk into an ungraceful curtsy. I chuckled.

"Oh dear! You don't have to do that! Let me help you up" I said helping her get back on her feet. Her face was red because of embarrassment.

"America, I want you to call me Delancy. I'm just a girl like you. Just call me by my name when its just us" I began.

She nodded. I breathed then spoke again.

.....................

Maxon's POV.

After I changed my clothes, I searched for Delancy in the 2nd floor. I walked passed Elise's room and I saw Delancy waiting in the door step of America. I began to panic but I waved it off. I quietly sneak beside America's doorway and heard Del's chuckles.

I smiled. I listened to what she was saying until she's going to blurt out the plan.

"America, I know you were a Five. You practically love to wear jeans and stuffs. Simpler than the casual attire of Two's or Three's, So I believe that you will love this" Delancy said and I can see that America was listening attentively.

"We're going out of the palace. Do what the others does, like shopping, walking, and as well as playing in the parks. I'm not that type of princess you usually know... I'm more of, just a normal seventeen year old girl. I go to school, I don't wear dresses everyday. I wear sweatpants and shirts. Nobody thinks I'm a princess in my school, I can drive my car and I know how to cook...Most of the princess you know are Dependent to their maids but me, I'm not.... Those are the things I can see from you. I know how my dear best friend Loves you and I would love to see you walk down the aisle towards him and the two of you having kids" Delancy said and honestly, this is one Del's best thing she ever said to me. She always teases me so I really appreciate if she talks like this.

"This is more of a real talk, Miss Del" America replied.

"Yeah, I know. I've gone too far... So! we're going out and you I want to see you in the Great Room after you get changed. Deal?" Delancy asked.

"Deal! Thank you so much, Miss Del!" America squealed.

She ran towards Delancy and hugged her. Del hugged her back. Then she walked towards me.

"I didn't see you there!" She said.

"I'm dressed. How about let's get you dressed" I replied.

I walked her to her suite and her maids quickly changed her clothes. She doesn't want it if her maids help her change but she lets them because they were hurrying. I scurried down her personal study and saw her table filled with books and papers.

I can see that she's reviewing for some kind of a test so she could graduate in college. She's an advance student. I noticed a table on the left corner that's filled with picture frames. Its pictures of her and her family but most of her pictures are taken by me.

There's this one picture that's really noticeable.  Its our picture together, we look more of a couple than friends here and its taken during my birthday.I smiled remembering how much she means to me. I may not be in-love with her but she's still in my heart. I care for her so deeply.