Chapter 76 - Light

Delancy's POV

I was enjoying the delicious taste of roast beef, mixed vegetables and mashed potatoes when I heard someone enter my room. I turned to see Cal leaning on the door with a smirk on his lips.

"Enjoying you food, Your Highness?" He asked.

"Pretty much, Your Majesty" I answered.

We laughed together, Cal sat on the empty seat with me. We fell silent for minutes, him letting me eat my food in complete silence.

"You're not going to say anything, Cal?" I asked, breaking the ice.

"What do you want me to say?" He looked at straight to the eye. "That you don't have to torment your brain and eat your food? Stop trying to kill yourself slowly. Have a life to live. Tell me, what's the most appropriate thing to say?" He asked, each word were a stab to my heart. Yes, it's really hard with Maxon gone, but it's really hard to find a way to make myself happy. And with Cal around, I know he can make me feel better.

But what would I do if he'll leave? He's not going to stay here just for me, he's got plans, duties and responsibilities. My life would be once again nothing. Amielle and Wendy tried to ripped me out of my bedroom, Mare and Maven tried to coax me out of silence.

But no one succeeded on making me feel better. Cal was the first one to make me smile and laugh. I guess, it's because we both lost our partners and only need to depend on one another to see the light.

"Well, I don't know how to make myself happy. I can't even make myself start a day without being gloomy" I shrugged.

With a sigh, Cal got out from his chair to pull me from my seat. He directed my body to see the sun already setting, I breathed in and out. Slowly, the stress in body began to get out.

"That's it!" Cal cheered.

I twirled to meet Cal's eyes. He was enjoying the view as well, suddenly, the wind began to blow angrily. My hair went to my face sending Cal into fits of laughter.

"Y-you sh-should see your face!" He laughed. I playfully hit his body to make him stop.

"Cal stop it!" I whined.

He just keep on laughing, I let him be. I looked at the sun again, it made me happy. My phone buzzed inside my pocket, I fished it out to see my lock screen photo.

It was me and Maxon at Illéa's rooftop looking at the sunset doing our silly faces at the camera. All of a sudden, I felt a pair of strong arms wrapped around me.

"It will be alright" He whispered at my ear.

"Do you think they're happy there?" I asked.

"Without a doubt" He answered in hushed tone.

Cal got his phone and opened it. His wallpaper was him and America, it was taken during a sunset too, him at her right side. Whilst in my photo with Maxon, I was at his left. He joined our phones so our position was America, Cal, Me and Maxon. So it looks like our photos were taken the same day.

"Cute right?" He said.

"More of nostalgic, actually!" I answered.

"Let's do something like this" He suggested.

"I don't think I would want that" I whispered.

"C'mon! Let's do it for them!" He urged.

He tap the front cam then tickled the hell out of me. I was laughing hysterically. That time, I didn't care about anything, just Cal's tickles. We were like transported into the world of tickles not caring about the camera capturing our every move.

Cal stopped just in time before I get my asthma attacks. We both looked flushed at our little Shenanigans.

"You look stunning here!" I teased.

He was looking like a tomato red about to explode. His mouth was shut but filled with air and his eyes were clamped shut.

"Yeah. Yeah. Whatever!" He rolled his eyes. "It's a good view isn't it?" He teased back.

My mouth was wide open with the whole interior of my mouth was shown in the picture. I laughed at his statement. We were having a good time when we were interrupted by a firm knock on my door. Cal took it a chance to tickle me again.

"C-come I-N!!" I shrieked.

Maven and Wendy came to view, Cal's eyes were shocked and decided to stop his tickles. The couple bursts into laughter.

"You really make this day interesting" Wendy commented.

"Whatever you say, sis!" I winked.

Wendy's lips formed a delightful smile. Maven ushered me out of the door for dinner, leaving my sister and Cal to talk about some things.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

CAL'S POV

"Cal, thank you for making my sister from being gloomy today" Wendy said.

"Oh, it's nothing! We both need it anyway" I answered, continuing to fix the plates that fell from table due to our tickle moment.

"But you know, she's really hard to convince to eat her meal whenever she's sad," Wendy said, helping me fix the plates. "Just promise me to make her happy until she's fine to make herself happy"

"I promise, dear sister in law" I answered.

"Then I shall leave you to fix yourself for dinner, brother in law" She bid farewell.

When dinner ended, I helped Delancy sleep tonight. I played with her hair until she dosed off. There was one time when Maxon told me how lovely Delancy looked when she sleeps. I know that of course, but I never thought I'd get to see her like this again.

I took the chance to fix some paperworks for tomorrow and ran down to the kitchens to inform then to make a lovely breakfast for Delancy tomorrow because I planned a game for her to be preoccupied for the day.

After I fixed the errands for tomorrow, I safely tucked myself to sleep on Delancy's big couch in her study.