Chapter 55- Popcorn

I must've triggered something in him. Hesitating, I reached out but failed entirely when a car stole our space.

"Shit!" He cursed.

Maxon gripped the stirring wheel until his knuckles turned white. I just looked at the badass car and not at Maxon. Then after 5 minutes of utter silence, he pulled the hand brake and touched my shaking hands.

"We're here, babe" He said sweetly, I looked at his glistening eyes and looked passed him.

He took us to the cinema. Squealing, I hugged Maxon and kissed his cheeks. While he just laugh and laugh.

It sounds weird. Ahahaha!!!

Then he pressed his lips on mine. We kissed for seconds then finally, we got out of the car. A movie entitled: 'Inside and Out' got my attention.

Did I told you we're young at heart? Probably some what like that. Yeah, we are. Unfortunately, I'm not in the mood for animated movies.

"Anything you want?" I asked Maxon.

"Nothing. You?"

"Nothing either" I whispered.

"How about we search some movies in Netflix, connect the laptop to the television then turn on the theater speakers. How's that sound?" Maxon grinned t me.

"Sounds fantastic! I like it!" I said.

"C'mon!" He cheered.

Maxon pulled my hands, we ran to our car. I laughed at his enthusiasm, liking the thought of we both have the same interests. When we got home, Maxon started connecting the cables and turning on the speakers while I cooked some microwavable popcorn.

"What are we watching, Max?" I asked, opening the freshly popped popcorn.

"Easy A"

"What?!? You've gotta be kidding me!" I laughed out loud. His face was expressionless. 

"I'm not"

"But why Easy A?"  

"I want to watch it. It sounds interesting," He smirked at me. "And I'm in the mood watching girly movies." He said in a girly voice, flickering his imaginary long hair and rolling his eyes.

I fell on the ground laughing at him. He laughed along as well but not as hard as mine. I tried to stand up but my legs felt like gelatin, I almost fell again.

Fortunately, Maxon ran to me, catching me before my butt touches the ground and me pulling his neck towards me in the process.

Our eyes locked, nose touching and breaths are heard from us. Both of our hearts beating fast, I could feel mine pounding really hard that I'm afraid it might escape through my rib cage.

Maxon drew closer and I closed the space between us. Our lips touched, both moving in perfect sync.

Eyes were closed, letting the walls around us collapsed and my legs melt entirely because I felt his gripped tighten.

My fingers slightly pulled the roots of his hair, making him groan. Maxon's fingers trailed across my flushed cheek.

We pulled away, both catching our breaths. His brown eyes glistening and I think mine too. A smirk began to form on his now plump lips, smirking right at me. Fingers still attached to his hair, I pulled it gently then giggled at his face.

His phone rang impatiently on the kitchen counter.

"Maxon. The phone" I said.

"Right" He said, pulling me upright.

The person who called him was a boy, I presume it was his friend or relative coz' he kinda told me about him. And his name was Gino Bryan Jameson.

"Gino? Is he your- um... Cousin?" I hesitated.

"Yeah! He's the same age as me" Maxon chuckled. Then answered his call. "What's up, Gin!"

I head to the couch, letting them talk in peace. The Easy A started without me pressing anything. I turned my attention to Maxon who just winked at me and motioned for me to watch the movie. He did started it.

He sat beside me after their conversation.

"I don't mean to pry but what was it about?" I hesitated.

"Well... Gino's asking if he could be the godfather of our child and I told him of course he could"

"Planning ahead aren't we?"

"Just making sure of everything. Is it okay?"

"Yeah! I would also appreciate if I'm going to meet him in person"

"Wish granted!"

"I wasn't wishing for anything!"

"Shush! It's getting awesome!" He silenced me.

I rolled my eyes and returned my attention to the television. The movies was about to End when Maxon's head dropped on my shoulder and my phone vibrated inside my pocket.

"Hello?" I whisper.

"Del!!! It's Wendy!!" My sister squealed.

"Hush now! Maxon's sleeping!" I hissed quietly.

"You're sleeping on a same bed? You two are very naughty!"

"No! We're watching a film in the house and his head's on my shoulder"

"Film? Try watching 'Descendants' Please!!"

"Fine. Fine! I'll watch it now"

"Yey! You're watching on Netflix right?"

"Yeah! Wanna have a Netflix date?"

"Sure! I'll be right back"

"Why?"

"Gotta go get Maven and the laptop"

"Awesome! I'll wake Maxon as well"

I heard some shuffling and Wendy screaming Maven's name.

"What!" Maven says.

"Come here! We're having a date" Wendy yelled.

"Hold your horses girls!" Maven laughed. "Your lad's asleep"

"Maxon, wake up. We're having a movie date with Wendy and Maven" I said.

He groaned but smiled sleepily.

"Hey there, mate!" Maven greeted.

"Hey Mave! What's up?"

"How's your sleep?" Maven laughed.

"Shut it down, Maven!" He laughed.

"Okay. Okay boys. Enough teasing. Let's start watching" Wendy cut the two boys off.

The movie started and our eyes were glued to our screens. Maxon and Maven were making faces each time they got bored and exchange messages. They were making annoying giggles.

"You know what Maxon, if you're not interested just go to sleep" I hissed.

"You too Maven!" Wendy rolled her eyes.