Chapter 14 - Anger

The next day...

I was late to reach the Dining Hall. But I'm holding Mathew's papers. So it's a good reason.

"Good Morning, Your Majesties" I curtsied.

"You're late!" Dad snapped.

"My apologies, Father. But I'm finishing the work I lift from Mathew's shoulders" I shot back, mentally smirking at my cockiness.

"What is that work?" Dad asked raising his eyebrows, challenging me.

I gulped and glanced at Mathew who's giving me 'stop-that' look. I just smiled at him. Now, they are looking at me.

"Planning For War" I said simply.

Dad's eyes widen in shock, Mom just smirked knowing that this will happen. Tiberias and Elara looked at me with unbelievable stare, Maven and Cal looked at each other. Kieran smiled at me.

"Y-you did what?" Dad stuttered out.

"You heard me" I answered sarcastically.

"Let me see then!" Dad cleared his throat.

I walked up to him gracefully and handed him the papers. He read them and I stayed at his side, hoping for the best. He finished reading the paper and closed the folder.

"You must be working hard for this" Dad says. "It's brilliant!"

"It became brilliant when Prince Cal helped me polished it last night" I looked at him and he stared at me with 'why-did-you-say-that' look.

"You asked for help?" Dad asked.

"No sir. I just added several not-so important things. Delancy really outdid herself" Cal answered for me.

Dad nodded and I missed Elara and Tiberias's looks. Kieran looks furious about me staying with Cal last night.

"I think it's time to replace The Heir" They laughed at his joke. "I'm just kidding, Mathew"

"I wouldn't be able to do it without you, Dad. You taught me things only The Heir of the crown should be learning" I complemented, Dad smiled proudly and Mom looked at him with awe.

"Because I really believe of your potential and your dedication to your work" Dad says patting my hands. "Go and eat your breakfast, dear"

I nodded politely and sat down in front of Kieran and beside Cal.

"So... What time is your flight, Maxon and America?" Mom asked breaking the silence.

"You're leaving?" I said unconsciously.

"Yes, Del.... My country needs me already and I promise to always talk to you, okay!" He answered and I nodded. "And it's 10 am, Your Majesty"

The breakfast ended and I hurriedly went to Maxon's side. Regretting the words I spat on him the other day.

"I'm sorry, Maxon.... I'm sorry for what I said. I don't mean it" I apologized looking like a lost puppy. He just chuckled and I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Don't worry... It's nothing, we're both under stress of that news... You have awesome Princes out there... Show them what our true Delancy is like" He answered.

We hugged each other, it always pains me when he's leaving. Like a part of my family was leaving me behind. Alone.

We bid our formal farewells to them. America and Maxon started walking out when I chase them.

"Wait!.. America, Wait!" I called out.

She turned around and hugged me. I hugged back, I love to see her as Mrs. America Schreave.

"Take care of that giant head for me" I whispered.

"I will and pick wisely" She says, her eyes darting towards the three Princes I can choose from.

"I will" I answered. "Maxon, Take care of America. She's a keeper!" I winked and he nodded in agreement.

I went back to my place, thinking of Mathew will scold at me later. Not that I mind though. Once they're out of the door, we started our normal day.

............

I'm currently in my room helping mom to fix a ball. That will occur tomorrow evening, some of the High Houses of Norta. A bunch of Silvers will go here, GREAT!!!

"Your Highness, your father requested your presence in the meeting" Jace says.

"I'll be there in a minute" I said as I walked out of my room.

I walk-run to get to the meeting room quickly. Sentinels of Norta stopped me from getting in.

"They are discussing a confidential report, Your Highness. They shouldn't be disturbed by a Red like you" The Larger sentinel insulted.

"My presence is requested by my father. I order you to get out of my way, soldier!" I snapped with an authoritative voice.

"Let the princess pass. We want her to know about the war in Lakeland" Cal says caught me off guard.

They obeyed. Cal stepped into the room first and I paused to face the sentinel who insulted me.

"I don't care if your blood is Silver. You're still a human and I can kill you with my own two hands! Don't insult anyone in my kingdom, for I will hunt you down and take your head off! Understood?!" I hissed. I make sure that my words will stab his heart and brain.

Cal looked at us but I didn't budge. My head was boiling. The sentinel gulped hardly but keeping a straight face.

"I understand, My Lady" He answered.

I flicked my hair and I stepped into the room like something didn't happened.

"What's wrong?" Cal asks taking my arm.

"Nothing's wrong, Cal. Don't worry" I said gently. He nodded.

................

"The war is getting worse.... We already got all of the Red citizens ages eighteen, we didn't even care if it's a girl or boy.... So we don't get outnumbered" Tiberias says, looking intently to my father.

"Our kingdom will send reinforcements to help the war. It's going to be temporary, before my daughter chooses who to marry.... A Britain Prince or A Silver Prince" Dad says looking at me.

"I'm not going to choose" I answered. They all look surprised/disappointed. "Yet...... I'm not going to choose yet"

The Silvers sighed in relief.

"How about... What if we bombed their camps, secretly. Bomb it make them panic, Then kill them all!" I said, I receive plenty of deadpan looks from them.

"Trying to lighten up the mood, sirs.... I'm sorry" I said very embarrassed to say that.

"Ambush?" Cal asked.

"Kind of" I answered.