Chapter 62- Games

I looked to see my parents and the other kings and queens were back from the private throne room. My eyes searched the room and my ears were alert for any murmurs of protests. However, nothing was heard from the council and I saw my sister walked towards me.

"Thank you Delancy" Wendy says. I could see she shed tears of joy after I read the statement.

"You don't have to thank me," I held her hands. "Thank you because you agreed. And because you have a stable relationship with Maven" I winked at my sister to sent her in fits of laughter.

Once we exited the Great Room, Maxon pulled me in a direction I wasn't familiar of. 

"Where are we going?" I was holding my skirts so I won't trip, he's running to fast for my liking.

"You'll see!" I can hear a bit of mischief in his voice. I just hope it's not a plan with Cal again.

A grunt left my lips, I thought it will slow down Maxon's pace but he didn't. 

"Slow down for goodness sake!" 

"Sorry dear but we're rather late" He winked at me. 

We reached a very steep and small stair case. It's a bit dark and dusty but for Maxon's eyes it's beauty. Sort of actually.

"C'mon!" He cheered.

I gave him a sad look, his smile turned upside down when he saw that I was referring to my skirts. Since the council was formal, we're of course instructed to look our best. 

"You can remove your dress and climb up in your camisole" Maxon suggested.

"Are you insane?! Maxon!" I blushed fiercely.

"In your undergarments then!" He winked at me.

I turned tomato red. I playfully hit his shoulders while grinning like an idiot.

"I'm just kidding dear" He finally said.

"I know silly!" 

He's thinking of a way to get me on top. His eyes raked my figure before settling on my hidden toes.

"Let's remove your shoes so you won't slip, hold your skirts up high and I will stay behind you so I could be there if you fall" 

"Gee thanks!"

Maxon chuckled before kneeling down to take my heels off. Then we started climbing, the staircase feels cold on my bare feet. Maxon was taking my mind off the stairs by talking about things I can't hear because my feet was so wiggly I have no idea how I managed to take a step.

When we reached the top, the sun was almost setting. We were in the terrace with a red blanket and a basket laid on the floor, candles were already lit while the others are still waiting for the light.  Racing to the railings, the breathtaking view of Illea can be seen. I was mesmerized by its beauty but was called in attention when Maxon cleared his throat.I turned to see him kneeling in front of me with my shoes in his hands. 

"May I, milady?" He charmed. He's really quite a charmer whenever he wants to be.

"Of course" I answered. 

I sat on the railings with the right hands pressed down the concrete railing for foundation and my left hands pulling my skirts up for my toes to appear. Maxon was smiling while putting on my shoes. Luckily, I had my phone inside my secret pockets under the layers of my skirts. Slowly, I pulled it out then took a picture of him, I grinned widely when I was previewing it. 

I heard him stood up, then held out a hand to help me upright. I gave him a quick smile before turning around to take a picture of the sunset. Beside me I heard a snap of a camera, I turned to see Maxon holding a camera taking candid photos of me with the wind blowing my skirts and hair. I did a silly face and was actually got by him. 

"You look cute dear" Maxon teased.

"I'm not! Delete it please" 

"No" 

I rolled my eyes and took pictures of him as well. Then we did a selfie like smiles, goofy grins, disgusted faces, irritated, and even poker face. There was one picture I accidentally got, I surprised by a kiss on his cheek. He also have a picture returning the gesture to me. Now, we're sitting on the blanket laid for us. 

"Del, can you Airdrop me our pictures?" Maxon took his phone out of his pocket. I nodded then turned my Airdrop on, then sent our silly faces in his cellphone. 

Maxon changed his lock screen of us doing a cute silly face, my heart swelled at his efforts. It began to be chilly outside so my first instinct was to rub my hands together to create heat. He noticed my constant rubbing and blowing and I was surprised to see him stand and began to unbutton his suit coat. 

"Here to keep you warm" He put it on my shoulders and settled beside me.

"Thank you" I mumbled

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After our little picnic, Maxon walked me to my room which was the princess suite. Since they want me to get used to the feeling of sleeping there and feel at home. On the contrary, It felt rather stiff than appealing and cozy. Maybe when I'm the official princess, I will give this room a make-over. 

I also gotten used to Maxon sleeping near me. Even in London, he stayed in the room beside me. My maids were on their feet as soon as I entered the room. Cards fell from their skirts as the stood, I giggled to see them like that. Powder were also on their faces it gave me the idea they've been playing a game that involves a dare to it.

"Good evening ladies, what were you playing?" I asked enthusiastically. I want to play with them now.

"N-Nothing, Your Majesty" Thalia stuttered out.

"Oh c'mon girls! Please do tell" I urged. That sent them to the edge.

"Miss Delancy, Mary taught us a new game," Anne blurted out. "Do you want to play with us?" 

"Sure!" I cheered.

"It's easy, You only have to throw some cards like what we always play but with a twist. When you lose, we have to apply some powder on your face," Mary hesitated a bit. "Is that okay?" 

"Yeah! I think its awesome!" I smiled brightly. "Now. where's the cards?" 

-----------------

My maids and I were having a great time, laughing every time we get to paint someone's face. I already have powder on my face and I was happy about it. Late night games will be my companion when I'm alone here in Illea when I get married to Maxon.