Chapter 9 - Graduation

He looked at Maxon. Maxon's eyes instantly widen in shocked. I think he will pass out before me.

"Him?" The only thing that came out of my mouth.

"Me?" Maxon asked pointing to himself.

Both of our fathers nodded. Maxon rushed out of the door and I sobbed harder. I'm catching my breath and I can feel my surroundings shrinking, trapping me with these four walls.

My breathing became unstable and heavy. Amielle and I both have it. Amielle's attacks were done, he was cured and I wasn't. He knows I'm going to pass out in no time.

I managed to look at our parents and they all looked pissed. Mom and Amberly talking and They didn't noticed me dying. Fathers scratching their foreheads. Pissed off. Maxon burst in, his eyes were dark.

My heartbeat fasten even more by his aura. I clutched my heart unable to speak. Amielle scooped me up and ran towards the hospital wing. My vision blacked out.

........
Maxon's POV

There's no way I will marry my best friend. I saw her begged her father and if I was him, I won't let her marrying somebody. But me, what in the world does have to do with me, our alliance?

I stormed out of the room, I hear Delancy's faint cries as I ran down. I paced back and forth not knowing what to do. I entered in but bumped by a hurrying Amielle.

Delancy's golden hair flowed as Amielle carried her and a glimpse of her closed eyes made my body shake.
I instantly ran down with them.

Our parents ran as well. Her eyes were partly open when got to the hospital room. Amielle gripped Del's hand, helping her steady her breathing using a breather.

"What happened, Doctor?" Isabella asked, Delancy's mother.

"Her panic attacks along with claustrophobia attacked her. You know she can't cry so hard, she has a weak lungs and failing heart. Right? Your majesty?" Doctor Julian shot back, it's more of an insult if it's me.

Isabella just nodded, unable to speak. Delancy's eyes are partly open now, Amielle gripping Del's hand hard, helping her steady her breathing. After two minutes or so, she removed it and stand up.

"I don't want to have bulgy eyes tomorrow. It's our day and no one will mess it for nonsense things" She addressed sharply, turning her heels away from us.

"Sis!" Amielle called running with her.

.........

Delancy's POV

Nobody's going to mess my day. When I reached my room and my maids quickly dismissed themselves. I opened the balcony doors.

Fresh air entered my room, cool air brushes off the news about my betrothal and washes my brain.

I heard someone at my door "Delancy?"

I looked at the doorframe, there stood my groom-to-be, Maxon. He's tie loosen up, No coat, his sleeves rolled up and his hair's a mess. He stood there, crossed arms on his chest with a serious aura.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "State your business"

He walked inside my room and stepped back even he's still far from me. This is my best friend not fiancé.

"I know you're furious about the news as I am but please... we need to cooperate to changed their minds. I'm in love with America and I want to marry her.... Not you! And I believe there's somebody outside of this palace that you like" He said softly making my skin shiver.

"I'm not crushing on anybody!" I spat. "And I have no interest in marrying you either, you're just a friend to me that's all"

"We can cooperate... Tell them we don't need it... that our family's bond and strong alliance is indeed enough" He replied still calm.

"We can.... But please... You have to leave me alone, I told you... I don't want to attend my graduation looking awful. Plus, I have a speech to finish" I said waving him off.

"I will. And Good Night" He said closing my doors.

I sighed, my back slouched and all I want to do is to have a long bath, which I do when I'm pissed.

I turn on my warm water to fill the tub. I stripped off my clothes and dived in, I held my breath and sunk into the water. Sometimes, I wish I live here, in this refreshing water. But I'm not.

I rehearsed my speech to distract myself from that dreadful news but it seems that every time, my memory passes that episode of my life.

".... Congratulations to all of us!" I finished and drift off to sleep.

..........................

The next day....

Birds chirping makes me wake up, nicely. My maids were fixing my toga and dress.

"Good Morning, Miss!" Anne greeted

"Good Morning!" I replied enthusiastically.

My bath is ready and I stepped in. I washed and scrubbed my body thoroughly. I coat my favorite lavender scented lotion and ran out of the bathroom.

Thalia dried my hair and Mary was thinking of what to do with it. She decided to fix it in a simple hair do, that let my hair flow naturally. They made my hair naturally wavy and put simple pins to keep my hair away from my face.

Anne applied makeup on my face just to polished it. They helped me into my dress, it's a yellow strapless dress. It's a simple one, for I requested to be simple like my stay in the campus. They will know I'm royalty today.

The geek that they're picking on was something more than they know. They placed a simple diamond set of jewelry on me. Thalia helped me slipped on my semi-glass heels.

Not that I requested for, they insisted though. I put on the toga and hold my cap. I posed and they snapped a picture of me using my phone. I took off the toga and another picture.

A knock on the door came, telling us to get down. I put it on and hurried my way to the Great Room.  Amielle looks hot on his white crisp suit, his perfectly slicked back hair complete the outfit.

They spotted me when my heels touched the marbled floor. Amielle smile widen in delight. Celeste and America were with us and so were the newly wedded couple.

"Delancy. My dear sister... You're glowing!" Amielle said, running a finger on my cheek.