Chapter 10 - Speech

Amielle walked me towards our parents and I sunk into a graceful curtsy like I always do. They smiled at us.

"You're dress suits you!" Celeste said motioning for me to twirl. I did though.

"Simple but Elegant" America replied making Celeste nod at her.

"It takes out your natural beauty" Maxon said but squeezing America's hand tighter. I just smiled.

"I'm so proud of my children" Mom cooed giving us light kisses on our cheeks

"Mom!" Amielle groaned and I giggled.

"Is your speech ready?" Mathew asked, hands makes its way to his pockets.

I nodded politely.

"Are you ready?" King Clarkson asked.

"As ready as I'll ever be! Your Majesty" I answered.

"Same here!" Amielle sang.

I hopped in the limousine with Maxon, America, Celeste, Amielle and Mathew. The couple got their own one, separated to us.

"Nervous?" Amielle whispered.

"Sort of" I replied.

We both took a deep breath to relax our jumping minds. I looked at my surroundings, it's a bit blocked because of the quick convoy and we're surrounded by guards on black motorcycles.

I'm trying to keep everything cool but I can't. I hugged Amielle and he was surprised.

"What's the matter?" Amielle asked.

"I can't believe we're done schooling. Then for goodness sake, I'm the first honor? I think I'll cry!" I exclaimed.

Amielle chuckled. A chuckled that will make girls drool.

"I can't believe I'm the first honor in my department. Among us.... you're the clever one!" He says, winking at me.

"And you're the cheeky one" I winked back and we both laughed.

We heard Mathew sighed, I send Amielle a knowing glare and cheeky grin.

"Del, do you agree to this... Mathew is the Uptight one and Wendy is always been the Sweetheart?" He said then doing this cheeky grin.

"I so agree to that statement, Mielle" I agreed.

Mathew sent us death glares and we just laughed it off. The car suddenly stopped making us bumped each other.

"Ow!" Celeste exclaimed, touching her forehead.

"Are you alright, America?" Maxon asked

America nodded. Amielle turned his attention to his girlfriend. Mathew looked at me and I have him an assuring smile. I pressed a button to call to our Chauffeur.

"What was that all about?" I asked calmly.

"My apologies, Your Highnesses. There's a girl who stopped in front of the car" The Chauffeur answered.

"Alright then. Apology accepted" I said ending the conversation.

The cars started moving. We didn't realized we're already there. They opened the doors and everybody gasped. They're thinking what the heck the royals are doing here.

But when Amielle and I came out, their eyes widen. I instantly caught Olivia's attention, her face turned pale and eyes wide, I gave her an addressing smile.

"Delancy!!!!" They called.

I jerked my head towards the voice. There I saw my besties, Annabelle Fitzgerald and Elaine Patterson, we're all in the Dean's A List and now we're all graduating early.

"Belle! El!" I called back and hugged them.

They're the first ones to know I'm a princess and we had a slumber party in the palace. They're also close to my parents and siblings.

"Your Majesties" They suddenly curtsied leaving me hanging.

I looked back and my parents are at my back. They're smiling at them.

"We told you to call us Auntie and Uncle.... Congratulations to you girls" Mom said and they smiled. Dad congratulated them.

We walk in the auditorium together. Enjoying the last time we will be together as one.

Names are called. Diplomas are given and it's time for the speeches of the first honors in each department. My brother's speech was short but meaningful. I'm currently waiting for my name to be called. Medals made my neck heavy.

"The first honor of the Chemistry Department under the Science Category... Let's all welcome... Her Royal Highness Princess Delancy Seraphina Mortensen" Headmaster Willows called.

I climbed up the stairs and shook his hands.

"Thank you, Headmaster for that introduction!" I said in a joking manner and everyone giggled.

"Uh... Hi!... To begin my speech, I want to thank God Almighty for giving me knowledge and wisdom in everything I do. I want to thank my parents for letting me study and letting me have a normal life like my classmates. I also want to thank the school authorities and faculty staff for keeping my little secret and for not giving me special things. Thank you Belle and El for always being there and to Olivia Sparks, for treating me like a normal girl especially when rumors began spreading the campus that I'm indeed a Royalty" I began and I looked at her, she smiled.

(A/N I'm a Christian)

"This is our day to celebrate. A day that marks the ending of our school life and beginning of our real life... As we face reality, we will have struggles, like looking for a job and raising a family in the future... There will be moments in our life that will leave you hanging or you feel that everybody is picking on you... We have to be strong and always be positive about it. I maybe a princess, surrounded by maids and people who rendered their services to me, everything I want is at my fingertips but it doesn't mean I don't have my own struggles. Like you, I have and will have my problems but No matter what happened to all of us, we're one family, we will always be there when anyone needs us..... Together we will face of tears and laughter, together we will make it to the top! Congratulations to all of us!... Thank you" I ended and everybody clapped their hands.

As I walked towards my seat, they all stood and sunk into a curtsy for me and Amielle.

"Oh dear!" I gasped.

I looked at Amielle and he has his signature smirk. I chuckled.

"You can stand now!" We both said in unison.

They did and we all waited for the Headmaster to end it.

"The Graduation rights has ended, go face the reality! Congratulations!!" The headmaster says giving us the cue to throw our caps.

We threw our caps and cheered. Song blasted the auditorium and we all danced to the music. Jace took pictures, stolen ones and not.

Olivia pushed her way to me and Amielle.

"I'm sorry for what I've done. All those years I've caused you pain... The truth is, I'm just jealous of you, because of your intelligence and beauty... I'm truly sorry, I don't know what to do" She cried.

Amielle and I looked at each other.

"Don't cry.... we're supposed to be smiling not crying... Its fine! I actually appreciated it, no kidding. Without you, my real identity will be known and my normal life would be a chaos" I said and hugged her. "Let's take a picture"

We all crowded in the stage and smiled.

"You're going to our banquet?" I asked enthusiastically.

"Of course!" Annabelle and Elaine said in unison.

"Great! I'll see you then. Bye for now girls!" I waved.

"Bye!"