Chapter 77 - New Monarchs

*A year after*

It's been a year since Maxon's death and I'm fine with everything. The council presented me different intelligent, gentleman crowned princes of other countries but none of them seemed to pass my heart's desire.

It's also been a year since Cal took me to Naples to watch the Aida Opera.

Today was a special day, it's the day wherein my beloved twin brother Amielle say his vows to my lovely beat friend Mareena Titanos. Yeah, they got engaged. And that means, I'm the only one left eligible for marriage.

"You look stunning Mare! Amuee won't take his eyes off of you" I complemented.

My best friend Mare blushed at my statement. She was wearing gown with french lace and her bunned hair was adorned with stunning hair jewels.

"You mean, Amielle won't take his hands off of her!" Wendy chirped in.

The three of us laughed at her, she was eight months pregnant with her first baby with Maven and it truly made us excited.

Anyway, mom and dad stepped down from their thrones to give it to Maven and Wendy. I also heard that Cal was crowned as the new King of Norta since his father believed it is Cal's time to reign.

"I didn't mean to interrupt you ladies, however, we will be late for the ceremony," Maven said. "Poor Mare wouldn't want to miss her own wedding" He winked and beside me I heard my sister sigh.

"Maven's right! You have to get going or else Amielle bursts into the palace to drag his bride out" They laughed.

We helped Mare descend the stairs and get in the bridal car. The car ride was quiet, nobody dared to say anything. Until I saw Mare getting uneasy by the minute.

"Don't worry, He's there already!" Wendy said to Mare.

Mare gave her a shy smile at the same time our car went to stop. The people were cheering for the next princess of Gardenia and for their current monarchs as well. The Silvers of the High Houses of Norta attended the said wedding.

Not only because they were asked by their King but also because House Titanos was one Highest among the rest.

"Brother's here" Maven informed us. More of informed me actually. He knew that Cal and I wasn't able to see each other nor talk because of our both busy schedules.

I gave my brother in law a wide grin before heading out of the car. I started to walked down the aisle just before the bride does. I gave the visitors a warm polite smile like a princess would do to her subjects. Glancing to my sharp right, I saw a guy with dark hair and burning eyes talking to Maven.

Tiberias Calore VII

He looked more regal, more serious than before. So he's clearly the king. Or just being a grown up?

------------

At the reception back in the palace, I can't help but feel a little proud about my twin brother already married. I know he bloomed into the man our parents raised us to be. They danced beautifully on the dance floor, their bodies swayed through the music under the grand chandelier.

At my peripheral vision, I saw Maven dragging Cal towards me. I angled my body away from them. I was about to make my towards my sister which was meters away from me.

"Delancy" Maven called my name.

I stopped dead on my tracks, slowly turning towards my brother in law and his brother. My eyes searched hints of the Cal I once used to know. He wasn't there, the mischievous prince was replaced by more serious, firm and powerful king. Quickly, I sunk into a graceful curtsy not only because Maven's the king but because I can feel Cal's eyes piercing through me.

"Rise" Cal says.

I rose from my curtsy to meet Maven's eyes filled with contained laughter. On the contrary, that wasn't in his brother's eyes. So the whole problem of Norta was in shoulders now.

"You know what, how about I leave the both of you to talk since you both need to catch up" Maven left us with a warm smile. It's an utter opposite of him the first time I met him.

I watched Maven go, not wanting to meet Cal's gaze. There was an awkward silence between us and I prayed for someone to pull me from this eerie situation.

"I dont want to be rude, Your Majesty. But if we're not going to discuss anything, I wish to return to my princess duties" I gave him one last curtsy before turning my heels away from me.

Suddenly, a hand firmly gripped my arm, forcing me to face the person. Cal took a hold of me, he looked scary. My eyes shot in horror but then a playful smirk formed on his lips.

"How about you start your princess duties with me, Your Highness?" He said.

"As you wish, Your Majesty" I answered.

Cal led me to into the dance floor. At first we gave each other a respectful curtsy then I let my body flow with his. Out eyes were stocked to each other, and his grips were firm and authoritative. Cal led my body to an elaborated spin and caught me just in time for the change of note.

"You seemed to dance more graceful than I remembered" He whispered at my ear. I blushed at his comment.

"Are you engaged, Your Majesty?" I blurted out.

Cal chuckled at my question before answering it a firm note.

"Not yet"

I was stunned. So I shut my bloody mouth, keeping myself from asking stupid things.

"I'm bounded to have another Queenstrial the moment I return to Norta," Cal said. "And I'm personally requesting your presence there"

"M-me?! But why?! I'm no Silver!" I protested.

The king pulled me away from the party. He took me outside for us to talk properly.

"Silver or not. I don't mind!" He hissed.

"What do you from me?! You didn't talk to me for a year, then you'll show up a king telling me to join your stupid silver game! I don't like the way you talked to me Cal! I'm not your servant!!" I yelled at him, angry tears streamed down my face. I was pissed the moment he looked at me with scary eyes.

Cal was taken aback of course, he didn't know what to say. The Cal who turned king was replaced by the Cal that I longed for.

"Delancy," He said in hushed tone.

"Don't. Touch. Me." I said sternly.

This time I was the one who pushed him away. I took