Chapter 64-Soldier Life

"Good morning, Your Majesty" Commander Diaz gave me a bow 

"Are there any novices in training today?" I asked, marching towards the office.

"There is, Your Majesty. And they are all ready to meet you" He finally said leaving me to go to the Training grounds on my own.

Novices stood in attention as I stepped into the grounds. Out of the corner of eye, I saw the silhouette of my twin brother watching the novices with watchful eyes.

"Amielle" I called out.

He avert his eye from the novices to me and smiled. His black cape trailed behind him as he walked, my lips formed a smirked when he reached my place.

"What do you think we can do to those guys?" Amielle asked.

"I don't know exactly. Did you do something to them before I was here?"

Amielle shook his head. I walked towards the novices and barked my orders to them.

"Novices! I believe everybody in this ground know us and our ranks. Now, for your daily training," The tiny specks of me being a princess vanished, replaced by a stern yet full of mischief soldier version of me. "Ten laps now!" I barked.

The novices started to ran in a firm line, they knew what will happen if they don't. Behind me, I heard my brother chuckle, he knows I liked to make fun of the new recruits. Dad decided to enter us in a military university when Amielle and I were just ten years of age, and for four years inside the university we graduated with five other young-lings of the university. Since we were home schooled before, we took the courses of those who were much older than us and our time there was not the best nor good years of our lives.

We were the youngest among the youngest and everybody expected us to break but we held our ground. It was twenty of us entered and only seven graduated and managed to have honors. The seniors always made fun of us and made the work harder for us. Harder in the way of a regular ten year old with no wits can't do. That's the reason why we hate and punish every novices that doesn't take the work seriously and the reason we managed to enter and graduate college at an early age.

"Next step, sis?" Amielle asked but clearly he knew the answer.

"It's up to you, brother!" I winked at him.

Both of us watched as the once firm line break apart. Some were already left behind and some even held on to a tree to catch their breaths. I stride towards them.

"What do you thing you're doing?! Do you really think whatever your actions now will let you stay alive in a battlefield?!" I yelled. "Get on your feet this instant! Or you will be touring this whole camp the whole day no resting!" I spat.

Quickly, they scrambled to their feet and started running. After thirty minutes of waiting for them to finish, the camp employees ran towards them to hand water bottles. We let them have five minutes of respite before talking to them. I walked in front of them and they were on their feet in instant.

"Everyone. I know you're tired from all the running and keeping up the pace but I want to remind you, this is just the beginning. Tomorrow and for the rest of your stay in this camp, will be your training. You may hate us by now because what we asked you to do but once you realized how much it changes you, you might wanna thank us for doing it," I paused. "Head to your resting quarters. This is it for today"

I turned without any other words. I head to my personal quarters to check on somethings involving my royal duties and love life. I shrugged my military coat off to cool my hot body.

I was signing some papers when my phone rang. I peeked to the caller ID, thinking it was not that important but it was Maxon calling.

"Maxon" I greeted.

"Delancy! Where were you? I was calling you for five times now," He asked disturbed. "I'm starting to worry. I called Wendy, but she said you weren't home"

"I'm in the Camps, Maxon. I was over-looking the Novices-in-training," I chuckled. "Forgive me if I didn't brought my phone with me"

"Everything's forgiven," I can imagine him smile. "By the way, I called because Illéa needs reinforcements here. The war's getting worse, Del. And I can't tell it straight to your parents and Father gave me this job. Can I count you in?" He's clearly disturbed.

I didn't answer right away, I still need the consent of the King before executing anything.

"I'll call you when I have my answer. For now, not yet" I courageously answered.

"Uh... Right!.... Bye!" He ended the call.

I exhaled everything out of my system. Another problem to solve, another war to win.

//////////////////////////

"What are you planning to do then?" Amielle asked, I told him about Illéa's condition.

"Tell Dad of course!" I smiled.

"And what if Dad says 'no'?"

"Why would he? It's my future country anyway" I shrugged.

Amielle stopped talking and let us eat in peace. By the way, we're inside the conference room instead the mess hall. We had a conference update and my brother and I decided to eat inside the conference room to have some privacy.

"By the way sis, Wendy and Maven were planning to get married this year"

"It's a good thing then," I laughed "When will you get married, Amiey?" I smirked.

"Next year" He answered quickly.

I turned pale and eat my meal silently. Suddenly...

"Nah! I was just messing up with you!" Amielle laughed at me.

As my instinct, I chucked a meatball at him.

"I will have my wedding after you" He says, kissing his favorite spot which was my nose.

That's my brother!