Chapter 83 - Luncheon

The moment I walked into the luncheon, everyone gave me a curtsy. I smiled at them and signaled them to rise.

"Hey sis! How's the future queen of Norta doing?" Amielle nudge, almost spilling the water I was drinking.

"You buffoon! You almost spilled my drink!" I wacked his arm.

I pouted at him, he laughed at it though before pinching my cheeks. That's right! Us will always be us! no one will take it away from us.

"But seriously, sis, how are you doing?"

"Amielle, Cal just proposed yesterday. What do you expect from me? I still don't have THAT job. I barely knew the cities and stuffs," I took another sip of my water. "Only the little things, though!" I winked at my brother.

"Fine. I'll ask you after a month," He send Mare a wink before turning to me again. "And if you're thinking about being alone. Don't be. Mare and I will be living here in Norta. We decided to stay here and take charge of their estates. Wendy and Maven are doing great"

"Yeah, They are"

Mom and Dad walked towards us, instantly I was in their arms.

"My daughter, The queen" Mom cooed.

"Hardly" I shrugged.

"Something's wrong, pumpkin?" Dad asked.

"Doubts dad. I have doubts," I exhaled. "Anxiety. AGAIN!"

"Shush dear. Don't be. We will be here every step of the way," Mom held my hands. I remembered her holding Wendy's hands when she was newly crowned Queen. "Just like Wendy"

Mom and Dad hugged me before turning towards the other Silvers. Elara and Tiberias the Sixth also sent their regards and did their rounds. I was getting bored and was tempted to fly out of the luncheon again, when Cal arrived, all of my boredom and doubts vanished.

"Hey" He greeted, kissing my cheek as he sit beside me.

"Hi!" I greeted back.

Well, I thought I was able to take the boredom out of my system because of Cal's presence. In retrospect, I wasn't able to have a conversation with him, since he's still busy talking to people and the ladies of the Queenstrail.

To my utter boredom, I wasn't able to contain myself and flee out of the door. Honestly speaking, I was feeling claustrophobic inside and desperately in need of fresh air. I was able to get the fresh I desperately need when Cal bursts out of the luncheon.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, rubbing circles on my back to soothe me. "Are you alright?" He asked as he saw the paleness of my face.

"In through the nose, out through the mouth" He instructed.

I did what he said and slowly I felt myself at ease. He let me lean my head on his shoulders to even my breathing.

"Do you want to rest?" He asked.

"I can manage," I looked at Cal with a pout. "I think I'm out of shape. I want exercise Cal"

"Then you can exercise with me tomorrow afternoon"

"You mean, Training!"

"Exclusive Training, dear" He winked at me. "Just the two of us" He leaned closer.

"Woah! Woah! Your Majesty, I know you're the king and all but you really have to step back" I said, backing up until my back hits the terrace.

"C'mon Del, just one kiss"

"No!"

"Please"

"Never"

"Why?"

"Because I'm not kissing you first"

At my peripheral vision, I saw Cal smirk and his lips was close to mine. I let him go closer of course, not that I don't want to, I just want to play with him. We were having a good time together when a sentinel took Cal away from me. AGAIN!

"I will make it up to you tonight," He said. "I promise" He gave me a quick kiss before walking with his sentinel.

After they fled out, Lucas was already there watching the whole scene.

"Excuse me, Your Highness, but you really have to close your mouth or you'll catch flies" Lucas teased, his face was in a joking manner that wasn't able to see on other sentinels around the palace. The others seemed off and moving like statues, expressionless, cold and mysterious.

"Shut up, Lucas" I tried to hide my smile.

Lucas guided me to my room for respite.

===============

Cal's POV

I was going over some papers when a sentinel came in and whispered to me that Evangeline wants to see me.

"Let her in"

He nodded and opened the door. Evangeline sunk into the most graceful curtsy she could managed and waited for me to tell her to rise. She was wearing a very revealing black dress that has a low bust line.

I was stunned, she's a pretty girl and her dress she's wearing highlights her beauty.

"Like what you see, Your Majesty?" She asked.

I waved the thought off.

"What do you want, Lady Evangeline?" I asked, using the most regal tone I could draw.

"I want to ask you something," She grinned. "And it's about your fiancée"

"What about Delancy?"

"Why did you picked her and not me?" She knelt beside me. "I'm Silver just like you. I know everything about Norta. I'm more talented than her, prettier even! But why HER!" She sobbed.

Usually, crying ladies moves me. However, I learned that some tears are meant to fool you. And I don't want anyone questioning my decisions. Especially when it comes to picking my Queen.

"I believe you know the answer to your question, Lady Samos. She's the girl I want to spend my life with. The girl that I love and need. The princess is far immune to Royal duties and she's not just for noble courts and balls, she's far more than that" I whispered the last phrase. I was getting overwhelmed with her thought and it makes my heart burst out.

"You let her inside your head! Can't you see she poisoned you already! How stupid of you not know that! She's whisper! She's just like your mother, who sang her way to your father's heart! Your stupid King Tiberias!" She yelled at me.

How stupid for her to yell to a royal, let alone her KING.

I was getting furious and due to my rising anger, the room was getting hotter and hotter.

"Don't you dare shout at me again Lady Evangeline Samos! Don't you dare question me and accuse me of being in love with a person you're not! And don't you even criticize my father for being in love with my singer mother!" I shouted. "GET OUT OF MY THIS INSTANT, SAMOS. OR YOU WILL REGRET GOING HERE!"

Scared of me, She gathered her skirts and rushed out of the door. I took heavy breaths to even my temper, I didn't even notice someone get in.

"Cal?"