Chapter 89 - The Wife

Cal was still asleep when I woke up, I start my day without the help of my maids, without anyone. I fixed my hair into a simple braid, and zip up the simplest dress I could ever see in my wardrobe. After I finished myself, I woke Cal.

"What time is it?" Cal asked.

"Seven thirty" I answered. "Stand up Cal! You still have to run the country. But remember to take care of your health, you still have a family to make" I winked at him.

Cal obeyed me, he immediately entered the bathroom while I fixed the bed we slept in. While he was still in the shower, I picked out his outfit. Gray suit pants and coat, white dress shirt, and a black tie.

Cal furiously closed his buttons but failed spectacularly.

"Let me get that for you" I walked towards my husband and fastened the buttons for him, fixed his tie for him and helped him put on his coat. And even combed his hair. "All done!" I sang.

"Thanks, honey!" He gave me a kiss on my lips.

"Anytime, Cal" I hugged him. "C'mon! We still have to go to breakfast"

I tried to pull Cal with my might but he still didn't move a bit.

"Can't we just have breakfast here?" Cal asked.

"Unfortunately, we can't. You're eating with the nobility and with my brother while I'm eating with the ladies of the court and Mare" I straighten his collar. "Shall we?"

"Yeah, right!" Cal rolled his eyes.

Together, we walked out of the room.

×××××××××××

Cal's POV

"Is my 'pain in the ass' sister treating you well, Your Majesty?" Amielle asked, he's balancing his manners and joke.

"For now, she's treating me well" I joked back, my brother in law gave out a silent chuckle. "Honestly, she's making my morning easier"

"Sometimes she has some mood swings but otherwise she's a very caring sister. And for you, a wife" Amielle took a sipped of his coffee, which I found myself mirroring him.

"How many months before Mare deliver your first child?" I asked, diverting the topic.

"Two months left and we'll meet the product of our love" My brother in law's smile widen at the thought of his child.

"I can see that" I looked down at the other gentlemen talking about business.

"How about the both of you?"

"Are you kidding me? We just got married for two days?" I laughed.

"Well... you got a point," He said. "I still have to go. See you later, brother!" Amielle pat my shoulders.

A child. My heir. My child. Our child.

A smile began to form on my lips. I walked out of breakfast to start working but still thinking of the 'child' thought. I decided to focus on the war reports we received from The Choke lately. There were six casualties from our side and approximately nine from the Lakelands.

The stress was beginning to rise up, I wasn't able to track the time. I got focused on my work that I waved everyone that comes to pull me out of my papers. I became Delancy, utterly focused on the work in front of her that actually forgot to eat.

Due to exhaustion, I slowly began to feel dizzy and has the difficulty focusing. I thought I will faint. A gentle hand rubbed circles on my temples, soothing my aching head.

"I told you to take care of yourself, didn't I?" Her voice was enough to ease my head. It was the voice that I love.

"Yeah, you did" I let out a moan when she massage my shoulders.

"You forgot to eat your lunch" Delancy continued what she was doing.

"What time is it, dear?"

"Already three o'clock, Your Majesty. And the last time you ate was still eight forty-five," Then a maid went inside my office carrying a silver tray with lots of food.
"Thank you, dearest" Delancy said to the maid. The maid smiled and gave us a curtsy before rushing out of the door. "You will eat. That's an order from the Queen!" Delancy said.

"And if I don't comply to the orders of the Queen? What will she do with me?" I smirk at her.

"She will manipulate your head into eating" She smirked back. "Be a good boy or the Queen won't give you a reward"

"What would that be??"

"That's! A Secret" She said. "Open your mouth, Cal"

I complied. She was sitting on my table now, completely blocking me out of my work. She even told me to relax my sitting and focus on eating.

"You know, I can feed myself, right?" I said.

"But you're acting like a child who doesn't want to eat his food," She defended. "That's why I'm here. I love you Cal, I don't want you to get sick" She planted a light kiss on my cheek.

"I won't let you away for calling me a child. You have to be punished"

"Was that a treason to you, my king?" She challenged.

"It is for your soldier husband and great king" I answered.

"You seem to forget something" She brushed her fingers lightly to my nose.

"What is it?"

"That your Queen and wife is also a soldier like you" She sang.

"But I'm her knight and shining armor" I stood up, feeling much stronger than I was a while ago. I envelope her in my arms.

"Yes you are" Delancy snaked her arms around my neck, drawing me closer.

I was about to close the gap between us when we were interrupted by the She-devil herself.

"You seem to forget your duties, Queen Delancy" Evangeline said, she was standing ago that the door, looking at us with fury in her eyes.

"I already finished the work you left me yesterday and it's already in your table, Lady Samos," Delancy fully turned her attention ago tend her body to Evangeline. "And you seem to forget that I have my duties and responsibilities as a wife to my husband," My wife answered the She-devil bitterly, her voice was cold, sharp, and authoritative.

Maven told me that Delancy speaks more Silver than Mare. Amielle honestly told me too. And so was Mare herself. She even told me that my wife knows how to act more Silver than her.

"Why are you here, Lady Samos? Do you wish to fulfill my duties as a wife to my husband? Or to lure again my husband to your grasps?" Delancy was on her feet at once. Evangeline's mouth gaped open. "What's the truth in there? Or is it all the truth?"

I saw my wife face to face with Evangeline. She's really brave to meet her sharp gaze and Evangeline seems afraid of her.

I know that stare, that cold stare Delancy was sending directly to Evangeline. She's whispering to her and clearly it wasn't good.

To avoid anything, I slowly backed Delancy away and a sentinel did the same to Evangeline. The sentinel was Lucas by the way.

Before Evangeline was out of my wife's sight, she spat words that really made me smile.