Chapter 61 - Council

"Certainly, Gardenia doesn't no other choice but to agree because our country will go Anarchy if no one will lead us," Lord Macintosh says. "How about Norta then? Will they agree just like us?"

"We already sent them a letter of approval and scheduled a grand meeting as well" Amielle says.

Today we're discussing the whole plan to them. My twin brother and I were stressing ourselves inside this four-walled room instead of over-looking our soldiers and update the war fronts.

"Where will be that held then?" Macintosh asked once again.

"In Illea. Twenty-fifth of November. The meeting will start in 1300 hours and hopefully will end in 1900 hours" I answered.

Maxon told us that if we want to have a grand meeting, it will be more efficient to held it in neither of the two countries involve in that said meeting. He asked his father and of course King Clarkson agreed and swore to be in neutral situation when the meeting starts. It was very appreciated of course, especially for us.

"I believe that concludes our meeting for today gentlemen. We'll inform you of everything we can gather from Norta," I stood up confidently. "If you please, we also want to mourn for our lost as well. Good Day to everyone"

The council stood up and curtsied, Amielle and I returned their acknowledgement with a firm nod and graceful exit. My brother and I walked to our rooms quietly to change in black attires for the ceremony for our brother. Everyone came to pay respects, except King Tiberias the sixth and Queen Elara, as well as King Clarkson and Queen Amberly due to several reasons involving their presence.

So their children were the ones who represent them. Since Mathew's body nor ashes weren't found, we arranged a simple burial for him and the rest of the crew that flew with him one last time. Their ashes maybe floating with the wind right now, but their memories will stay with us till the end. Too bad, Mathew didn't get Erzielle pregnant or she would be the regent queen and our problems will be long forgotten.

"How much you've been coping up Del?" Maxon asked.

"Hard of course. Fortunately, I've been trained to hide my feelings to the people and as well as my heart" I smiled at him.

"Yeah. Well... Sometimes, your eyes gives in"

"I guess my eyes weren't trained after all" I gave him a humorless chuckle.

Maxon left my side to say his prayers when Cal appeared beside me.

"How are you?" Cal asked, his eyes linger at Maxon's ring once again but waved it away.

"I'm fine," I said then whispered. "I thjnk"

"Don't worry, if you need someone to talk to, or somebody to hold you. Just let us know, We're always here," He rubbed my back in soothing patterns. "Especially me"

"Gee... Thanks Cal!" I smiled at him.

Cal kissed my forehead and retreated to America's side as soon as Maxon was done with his prayers.

/////////////////////////////////

"Your Highness, someone wants to see you" Raven says.

I was in the office busying myself to forget about our fallen brother. Mom was still grieving, Dad weren't really that productive over this past few days, Wendy and Maven already agreed to our plan while Amielle and I were busy doing some last minute touch ups.

I motioned for Raven to call the person that wants to talk to me. America's fiery red hair went to view, she was wearing a blue dress and a tiny comb pinned into her bun.

America curtsied, we waited for Raven to close the door shut.

"State your business" I demanded firmly.

"I want to talk to you about what happened in the garden"

I advert my attention from the papers to her. Once and for all, I can hear her opinion about what happened.

"Please explain... Oh! And sit too" I smiled.

America smiled back then gracefully sat on the chair in front of me.

"So... Personally, I thought of their idea was reckless," She shrugged.

I laughed, knowing we have the same, exact feeling. Still, my doubts was swirling inside my head these days.

"Are you going to consider it?" I blurted out. "Their idea. I mean"

America searched for her words in the office. Then she gulped and closed her eyes for a while bro few looking straight at me.

"I will, if you would" She answered confidently.

So the final decision was still mine

I dropped my pen and faced the window that overlooked the gardens. I was hoping I could get any decent answers from her. But I thought wrong. All I could ever ask for this time was to be with someone that can make me forget things. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Twenty-fifth of November.
1600 hours, Illea's time.
Great Room of Angeles Palace.

It's been four hours inside the Great Room and we've been talking about giving the throne to my sister and her fiancé. The Gardenian Parliament was of course happy, Norta was still considering it. A while ago, the leaders of the three kingdoms, along with their wives exited the Great Room to transfer to their own meeting in one of Illea's private Throne Room.

Thirty minutes after, a guard walked inside the Great Room holding a sealed folder with the three kingdom's crest printed on the folder. Some thing we personalized just for this event. Instead of handing it to the head of the Parliament, the guard walked straight at me and hand it over to my hands. 

I mumbled my thanks to him with a shaking hands, I opened the folder. The papers were signed. A watermark with it.

APPROVED

It says. I cleared my throat to catch everybody's attention. One by one, they shut their busy mouths and turned their full attention to me. 

"Ladies and Gentlemen, please listen to this letter," I cleared my throat and started. "To the council of the Allied Kingdoms, Due to the passing of the Crowned Prince of Gardenia, the Kingdom of Gardenia humbly asked to get the consent of Norta to hand the crown to His Highness Prince Maven Calore. The Kingdom of Norta Approves," The whole council clapped but then I continued.

"Due to the approval of both kingdoms, I, King Nathaniel Charles Mortensen of Gardenia, is please to announce the new Heir of the Gardenian throne. My youngest daughter Princess Wendy Vynelle Mortensen of Gardenia will be the next queen of the Gardenian throne and her fiance Prince Maven Calore will be the next king if they will choose to get married together. Princess Delancy Seraphina Mortensen is still Prince Maxon Calix Schreave and Illea's next princess, for she forfeited her chance along with her twin brother Prince Amielle Patrick Mortensen. The decision is official and cannot be changed unless death," I stopped. "Signed by Gardenia and Norta. Witnessed by Illea"