Chapter 23 - Andrew

Netherlands....

It was raining cats and dogs when we landed. I pulled my pants up and put on a rain coat. We ran down the stairs prepared for us, immediately hopped into the cars our security prepared.

We all decided to be independent in this visit. Driving towards the palace, Wendy were, the thunderstorms went on. The palace gates opened at the sight of our cars, waiting. We left them in the driveway and ran towards our sister.

"It's going to be fine... They will be here, don't worry" Queen Victoria rocked our sister back and forth.

"Your Majesties" We sunk into a curtsy for Queen Christina and King Roland.

"Sis!" She ran to my open arms, sobbing hard.

Mathew and Andrew's parents were talking. Amielle went first to see Andrew. I let Wendy cry on my shoulders.

"Del... He wants to see you" Amielle spoke, taking Wendy from me.

I nodded and made my way into Andrew's room. He looked awful, his body tired and eyes barely open. Tears began forming in my eyes, threatening to spill. Andrew managed to raise his hand for me to take. I slowly reached for it.

"D-delancy" He choked out.

"Andrew, w-what is it?" I cried.

"I'm sorry... Please forgive me for breaking your heart... You deserve to be loved, you're a wonderful girl.... You will be a great wife.... queen... mom.... I'm sorry if Your sister will be a young widow... I apologize for everything I've done, for not telling you how much I love you back then.... I'm sorry if I'm a jerk... I'm truly sorry for-" I cut him off. This was too much. And I already learned to forgive him.

Just like my sister taught me to forgive Cal.

"I forgive you, a long time ago. I was happy for you and Wendy and this happened. Andrew, Wendy will understand this.... She will... we're still hoping for the best" I manage to spit it out without hitching.

I cried. Knowing what will happen to him after three weeks. I can't bare to see my sister so broken. Andrew drift off to sleep and I stayed, praying for him to get better.

The phone vibrated in my pocket, it was Maxon calling. I kissed Andrew's forehead and quietly walked out. I walked passed them and to the veranda to talk.

"Maxon" I croaked.

"Del, how are you?" He asked.

"So far I'm fine, but Wendy's losing it... She can't... I can't bare to see her like this" I cried, letting my sympathy out.

"I know... You don't want to see her sad" I inhaled. "listen... I know it's not the good time for sweet flicks problems but please hear me out"

"I'll try" I sniffed.

"Father doesn't want me to marry America, he wants you for me" He let out a sighed.

"What happened to America?"

"She wasn't upset at you and me, she's upset to my Father. Just like me. What father did was not good, he delivered her to Norta, Stilts. She won't step a foot on Illéa till the end of time"

"It's looks like he sentenced her to death"

"Uh-huh" He says.

"B-but... We are visiting Norta after this, I can get her out" I exclaimed.

"And it will turned to be a massive chaos. Catastrophe. Our histories will return... A war that only ended when your grandfather stepped into the throne and ended it by letting his pride down"

"I get that, but, it's not just about you... It's also about me"

"What?"

"I'm falling in love with Cal, and I'm marrying him in the future" I informed.

"Then we are the same" Maxon says.  Just in time when Amielle went to see me.

"You must end that little chat and rest. We have a long day ahead of us" Amielle says, trying to be stern.

"I will" I end the call and rest.

...........................................

The days pass quickly and every night, was another terror for us. Mom and Dad landed last week. We were trying to be strong for them, Andrew's only sibling, Princess Julianna, will ascend into the throne.

The following day, was the time we aren't waiting for. King Roland agreed to Mathew's proposal for our alliance. Which made us a bit happy. I also told Dad about what Maxon said.

Clarkson also made sure that Dad knows about it. I told them not to worry about it.

"Wendy needs us, Daddy. Don't worry about King Clarkson's proposal" I smiled.

"That's my girl" Dad smiled as we walk towards the hospital wing.

..............................................................

Our sleep was cut short when they called out for us that Andrew passed away. We bolted to Andrew, watching our sister cry her heart out. Christina held on to Julianna, both crying. Roland's tears were falling not stop, albeit he was trying to be strong.

I looked back at Wendy and pushed my way towards her. We enveloped her and cried with her. Mom hugged Christina and Julianna.

"Andrew, don't leave me!" Wendy cried.

"ANDREW!!" She yelled.

Their tiredness let them sleep. I touched Andrew's hand, the same hand I held and Wendy held, now cold and lifeless. He may be my ex-boyfriend, but he still lives in my heart as a family.

I cried but not that hard. When morning came, his parents decided to mourn for him overnight. So they won't get hurt everyday. Illéa and Norta came to pay respects.

I never left Cal's side. Andrew's some features were the same with Maven. They have the same blue eyes and dark hair. Wendy looked at him and quickly ran to Maven's side, imagining it's Andrew.

Warm and alive.

Warm Messages were given and everybody cried. It was my turn to speak, I walked towards his coffin, looking at him for the last time and slowly moved my shaking legs.

"There is really no forever... That's what you're always telling me before...

I began, swallowing back the tears.

"I quickly fell in love with your sweet smile and sweet words. We make mistakes, big mistakes and we also deserve second chances... You told me I deserved to be loved, it became special because It came from you... Your stay here on earth was cut short, the next generations won't see you but you will always live in our hearts forever... Andrew, Thank you for the memories we shared. We will always love you" I ended, wiping off the tears that escaped.

Cal helped me descend, His parents, Julianna, and Wendy rushed to me. Wendy removed her tiara, they crushed me. Then pulled away

"Thank you for that message" Roland says.

"You set aside your hate... You were happy for your sister and my brother... You're really a wonderful, girl" Julianna said, tears spilled our eyes.

He was buried and Maven let Wendy held him. He knows they share the same features, even Andrew's family held Maven like Andrew. I gripped Cal's hand when Clarkson approached.

"Your Majesty" Cal and I both curtsied.

"Delancy, your presence is needed in the conference room... That goes the same to you, Prince Cal" Clarkson spat and went off.