Chapter 29 - Balcony

"If your child will bear Cal's ability, which means, your child is a burner... King Tiberias the VI can reconsider the heir of the throne especially if its a boy" I smiled at her, knowing it would be easier if it's me and Cal.

If it's me and Cal....

"Oh Great!" America put her head on her hands.

"Those thing weren't as stressful as being a mother... I worry about being a mom than a queen" I chuckled, thinking of little me running around the palace.

"I worry about that too... Especially the pregnancy part" She whined.

"Cal won't let down... I know that" I crossed my legs and looked at her eyes.

"Oh... Miss Del!" America disengage from her seat. Knocking me down with her arms around me.

"Oh dear!!!" I shrieked.

We both laughed, the boys were discussing something intently to notice us having a little play.....

...........

"Good Night!! Ames!.. Don't forget about tomorrow, I'll have the maids carry a dress in your room for tomorrow's game!" I waved good night at America and Cal. But before I let Cal go, I hugged him tightly.

I closed my main door, standing beside a thinking Maxon in the balcony. Cool breeze tickles my skin. I inhaled the sweet, fresh air. It blows harshly, my hair went in different ways.

Strands of hair went inside my mouth. Like White Chicks. Maxon laughed at me, I punch his arms playfully. This guy in front of me is my best friend not the guy that will be my husband.

"You look adorable with your hair inside you mouth" He laughed breathlessly.

"I hate you!" I scoffed, looking at the other way.

"I love you too" He answered and I grinned. We're more of a sibling than best friends.

"I'm going to shave your head in your sleep!" He laughed even harder. "Screw you!"

"You won't do it... trust me, you won't" he said once he died down.

I faced him, I throw my palm on his face, but then, he caught it. He leaned in, his breath hot on my face.

"That's not how to treat your fiancé" He whispered on my face. ON MY FACE, PEOPLE!!!

"You will never be my fiancé" I spat, his eyes filled with amusement.

"Then what's this?" He pointed at the ring he gave me.

"Your stupid ring" I smirked at him.

"And that, my dear, is an engagement ring... I'm sorry darling but you're my fiancé" His mouth formed a devilish grin.

"I'm not your dear. America's your dear" I snapped.

"In my heart?... Yes!... But in everybody's eyes?... You're my dear" He looked up at the stars. One minute ago, he's the Maxon I grew up with, and now, he's the boy his father raised.

He is his father's son.

"Which I hate" I mumbled under my breath.

I sat on the railings, reading Maxon's thoughts. His mind is a storm, our memories together popped up and I smiled, pass conversations of us being kids were loud and clear in my head.

His memories of his father caning him made me flinched. My sudden actions caught his attention. I turned cold as I review his past canings and sufferings to be the Prince his father wants him to be.

A felt a warm hand made contact on my cold hands. My head jerked up, my eyes met his. It's full of warmth and concern. I can't believe he passed those things, he's a brave guy. My best friend passed those horrible stuffs his father did to him.

He was caned while I got scolding from tutors, mom, dad and Mathew. It's not that bad scolding, just a little talk. He was punished by someone whilst I punish myself for being useless, pathetic little kid.

I punish myself in order to be the clever one among us. To be the favored daughter than Wendy. I was punishing myself, tormenting my brain for me not to feel anything, whilst he cry because of physical and emotional pain.

I'm luckier than him.

My fingers touched his face, my vision blurred by tears. I can't hold it back. Maxon furrowed his eyebrows, confused about what's happening to me.

"Del" He touched my running hands on his face.

"I can't believe you passed those things" I choked out.

"What are you talking about?"

"Your childhood pain, I can feel it, Slashing my brain... I can't believe you endured those horrible stuffs" I wiped my tears using the back of my hand.

"Y-you read my mind?" He stuttered out.

"I'm sorry" My legs are crossed and I looked down

"Don't worry, I'm not angry... I was shocked... I believe you will know
It eventually, especially if we're trying to have kids" He wiggled his eyebrows at me and giving me a light tickle.

Laughter was overtaking my body. I leaned backwards, I was about to fall and My hands quickly got a hold of Maxon's collar, pulling him towards me. His hands on my waist, pulling me towards him.

Our faces inches apart, lips almost touching. We just sat there, frozen.

"Sis... Can yo-... Oh!" Amielle bursts in. Stopping at the sight of us.

"Sorry" He muttered. "You better sleep, love birds" Amielle closed the door.

"Good night, Del" Maxon muttered, walking out of my room.

"Good night, Maxon" I answered.

...........................

America's POV (yay!)

I'm offering my life to someone I barely know. This decision of a lifetime is the only way I can save my family and my heart. Prince Cal and I are currently heading to my new quarters.

"I promise, I will go easy on you" He broke the ice.

"I know you would" I chortled. He snickered.

"Here we are!" Cal opened the two door room. It's like the room I had during the selection.

"It's like the room I had-" Cal finished it for me.

"The Selection... Delancy requested it for you" Cal says.

I was stunned, the princess requested this for me. I feel so comfy in this room, it may have memories of me and Maxon hanging out in here but I also feel at home.

For once, I feel at home here in Norta. I'm going to let Princess Delancy down. She did everything in her power to give me a life I never dreamed about.

She's my fairy godmother...