𝙄 𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪... | 𝑅𝑜𝑏𝑖𝑛 𝐵𝑢𝑐𝑘𝑙𝑒𝑦 𖦹

Y/N Harrington was alone. Not literally, she had an amazing group of friends that she loved deeply. But none of them understood her, she wasn't normal enough for anyone to understand her.

Y/N liked girls, no one in the party.. or her family knew about it and she didn't intend them to ever find out.

She had never once had a real crush on a boy, and she thought it was strange. Everyone did, her older brother was waiting and waiting to talk to her about boys and her crushes.

What would happen if he found out who she loved?

Would everyone hate her, be overly nice to her out of pity? Would everyone she ever loved slowly drift away from her because she wasn't normal? The thought made her want to cry.

And she did.

The Harrington's and Robin Buckley, who worked with Steve, were drugged that day. Truth serum to be exact, and god they were messed up. Their eyes were bloodshot and their minds had wandered off to god knows where.

Robin was saying something about a 'mom trying to bang her son' but Y/N wasn't listening. She was staring up at the ceiling, watching it spin, the sensation it had on her eyes made her chuckle.

She could feel the presence of Steve behind her, then Robin. Until...

Oh my god... they were gonna barf.

Y/N could feel the pit in her stomach as she ran into the bathrooms, Robin close behind. Steve out of instinct went into the boys bathroom leaving the two girls alone.

Which was the best mistake that would ever be made.

The two girls immediately ran to the stalls and began to vomit in the toilets. Y/N thought that this was what dying felt like, and it probably was.

After the two were finished they lazily leaned against the walls, Y/N facing the wall of the stall leaning against the real wall, and Robin facing the door of the stall.
(So Y/n is in Robins stall, and Robin is in Steve's)

"Do you think we puked all the drugs up?" Y/N asked the older girl in an innocent tone. "I don't know, lemme ask you something.." Robin trailed off and Y/N could tell she was pondering the question she was going to ask her.

"Have you ever.... been in love?" Robin finally spoke up, the question made Y/N's heart drop. "I can't tell you that. . ."

"Why not?"

"Because I'm not normal."

"I get it..."

"No.. no there's no way you could get it." Y/N's eyes filled with tears as the two continued their conversation. She and Robin were good friends, they talked a lot over the summer. Y/N felt connected to her in some way.

"I know who you are.."

"How could you know. Robin, I'm not like Steve or Dustin, or any of my other friends." Y/N was now crying thinking about what she was saying. "God... I just wanna be like them."

Robin slid under the stall to where her 14 year old friend was sitting. She never would have thought that she would be friends with someone as young as Y/N. But they were connected, Robin did know her. She wasn't sure how she knew, maybe it was the way that Y/N held her breath when she came into the ice cream shop with the red headed girl. Or maybe it was the way she would cringe when Steve would start teasing her about boys.

" I know your not like them, I'm not like them either. That's why I like you the best, I know who you are." Robins hair was messy and her deep blue eyes stared into Y/N's soft E/C ones.

Robin noticed the tears in the young girls eyes as she looked back down at the ground and Robin decided to do what she had never even though of.

Tell her story.

"Tammy Thompson." Robin started getting the Harrington girls attention once again. "In Ms. Clicks class, Ms. Clickity Clackity." Y/N chuckled as Robin continued her story. "Me and your brother- we were in the same class, first period. He never noticed me obviously. It was the douchebag Steve era." Y/N burst out laughing and Robin chuckled along with her.

"Tammy Thompson she- she really liked him, and his stupid hair. Although he would get bagel crumbs all over the floor, and he asked dumb questions and he was a douchebag. And he didn't even like her, and I would go home every night and scream into my pillow. I wanted her to look at me."

Robin finished and Y/N was left speechless. " I understand you... Y/N I promise I do." Robin spoke up again, grabbing the younger girls shaking hands. The tears were pouring down her face at this point.

"Max." The H/C haired girl croaked out, her eyes on the floor. Robin let go of her hands and sat back ready to listen. A soft smile was on her face, knowing that she helped her. At least a little bit, she never wanted a little girl to feel the way that she felt.

"Max Mayfield. I really like her. Hell I think at some point I was in love with her." Y/N wiped her tears and giggled as Robins eyes never left the poor girls face. " But she never liked me back obviously, she liked Lucas." A shaky breath was drawn in to the girls throat before she continued.

" She made me feel so empty inside. Every time I saw her face I felt butterflies... but now I think they all died. Or at least I wish they would. When we were at the dumb Snowball and she kissed him..." Y/N trailed off, she didn't want to remember what she had felt that night as a sob escaped her lips.

She felt so venerable, like anything Robin said could destroy her. She had never been this way with anyone else, she didn't know if she really trusted Robin or if the drugs were still in her system.

" I just couldn't take it. I had never had a serious crush on anyone before and I still feel like someone is ripping my heart apart every time I see them together. I hate being jealous. But it's not just that, no one I know understands what this feels like. The hatred and the loneliness. I just feel like screaming, and crying and.... doing what I am right now." Y/N breathed out a chuckle as she finished her rant.

Robin looked at her, tears were now in her eyes. She never wanted anyone else to feel the way she did, and the detail the 14 year old girl went into made her sick. What kind of a society are we if we make little girls hate themselves because of who they love? Because of who they are?

" You deserve all the love in the world, Y/N. You know that?" Robin stated and Y/N hesitantly nodded. "The- the only thing I needed was for someone to understand me." Y/N whispered.

Y/N threw herself into the older girls arms. Robin just held her, she put her head on top of Y/N's and petted her hair. "Thank you, Robin." Y/N sobbed and Robin just smiled, she was also crying. Son of a bitch the girl actually made Robin Buckley cry.

"Okay, what the hell?!" The familiar voice of Dustin Henderson was heard from the right of the pair as they turned to look at him. "What happened?" Steve's worried voice came from behind him seeing his little sisters tear stained face.

"Just girl problems." Robin grinned at the girl with a wink before helping her up.

Y/N was the happiest she's ever been all summer. Because even if Max Mayfield never loved her back...

Someone finally understood her.