𝙎𝙩𝙚𝙫𝙚, 𝙄'𝙢 𝙎𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙙 | 𝑆𝑡𝑒𝑣𝑒 𝐻𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑡𝑜𝑛 ꨄ𖦹

( A/n : This one is just gonna be a bunch of moments where Y/n is scared shitless lmao. I'm not sure if I'm gonna make this angsty or not, but knowing me I probably will.)

_________ ★ _________

The small girl sniffled, the darkness of her brothers room made it hard for her to find him. She stumbled her way to the bed, her tiny hands eventually finding her brothers bed sheets.

"Steve.." The girl hiccuped, tears streaming down her tiny face. "Stevie, wake up.."

The boy in the bed groaned, his fluffy hair in his eyes as he tiredly opened them to see the shadow of his little sister. "Y/n go back to bed." He mumbled and closed his eyes again.

"Steve, I'm scared." The girls voice broke and her brother opened his eyes again, slightly annoyed. "Go tell dad. He'll protect you from what your scared of." In all honestly Steve through this father was a coward, but his younger sister was only five and still believes that he was an okay man.

"I already did." She sniffled, "He told me to leave him alone. Please Steve I'm scared." The pain in Y/n's voice made Steve feel awful. "Okay.." He nodded with a whisper and propped himself up. "What scared you?"

"There was this... monster. He was in my room.. and he was tall. Really tall. He scared me!" Y/n wailed as she put her tiny face into her sweater sleeves. The small, ten-year-old Steve didn't know what to do, obviously knowing that the monster she saw was just in a nightmare. He simply patted her head softly, placing a small kiss on her forehead before scooting away from her on his bed, patting the space next to him.

Y/n sniffled and climbed into the bed, bringing the blankets over her shivering body. Steve laid on his back, trying to fall asleep again.

"Thank you Stevie." Steve heard his sisters small voice from beside him. "Of course, N/n. You don't have to be scared anymore, I'm right here. Just try to sleep, it'll be better in the morning."

_________ ★ _________

The Harrington siblings sat in Steve's car, the ride was silent as they drove to the hospital. Y/n was still in shock by what she has witnessed the past few weeks. Eleven, Will going missing, the Demogorgon, and everything in between left Y/n lost and confused as everything came to an apparent end.

She looked out of the window, a bad and slightly nervous feeling rose in her chest as she thought about it all. How would she be able to live her life normally when she knew about all of this? She was just a kid.

"Steve.." Y/n whispered, making her brother look at her for a second before turning back to the road. "Yeah?"

"I'm scared." She choked out, feeling the tears in her eyes. Steve frowned, he had been incredibly worried about his sister since he went to pick her up from the school, seeing her shaky figure in the back of an ambulance, but now he was even more concerned. "What are you scared of buddy?"

"Everything. You saw that thing didn't you? You fought it. I thought-I thought it was going to kill us. It almost did. I'm scared that Will won't be the same again and I'm scared that this isn't the end of it." Y/n felt the hot tears stream down her face and she wiped them away quickly.

Steve was left speechless, she was completely right. That thing could have killed all of them, and no one knew if it was over. "I-It's complicated. I wish I had good answers but I don't. No one does, and I don't think they ever will. We just have to- we have to-" He sighed, glaring at the road like it somehow had something to do with this.

"I don't know what we have to do, but I'm not going to leave you all alone anymore. I've got your back, and even if it isn't over, I won't let anything happen to you. I'm sorry, you deserve all of the answers but no one has them." Y/n swallowed as they pulled up to the hospital, seeing the familiar cars of her friends parents in the parking lot.