𝘼𝙧𝙚 𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙊𝙠𝙖𝙮? | 𝑆𝑡𝑒𝑣𝑒 𝐻𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑡𝑜𝑛 𖦹

Y/N Harrington was traumatized by what she saw that night. She watched as the girl she had become close with over the last week, disappear in front of her eyes. She sacrificed herself to save them.

Y/N sat with tears in her eyes, a lump in her throat and a heavy heart. She was in the back of an ambulance as they were called to the scene. Y/N watched as her friends parents came to pick them up, with loving hugs and comforting words.

Y/N's parents had never cared, they were probably out of town at the moment. Hating each other so much that they don't even remember that their own children have lives. They are almost never home, leaving Y/N and her brother to fend for themselves. Usually Steve throws party's and Y/N sneaks out to go to Dustin's house.

Y/N let the tears fall freely now, letting out a sob. El was really gone, the monster tried to kill her and her friends, and she doesn't even know if Will is okay. She just cried and cried as her friends pulled away in their parents cars. She cried about that too, not having anyone that seemed to care about her.

"Y/N!?"

Y/N's teary eyes shot up as she heard the familiar voice. "Steve?" Steve's head looked at her and he seemed to sigh from relief. He jogged to her and crushed her in a huge hug. "Are you okay?" He asked softly and Y/N was too shocked to speak.

Between his beat up face and the fact he was even here in the first place confused Y/N to death. She loved her brother but he never really cared about where she was or what she was doing. Let alone being there for her when she needed him.

She already felt like shit, but the question 'are you okay?' just made her feel even shittier. The tears streamed down her face again as she nodded into Steve's shoulder and started to sob again.

Steve just patted her head softly as she cried. He's never been good at comforting people but god he tried. He hugged his sister tighter and just let her cry. "It's alright... it's gonna be okay.."

__________ ★ __________

When they got home, Steve didn't leave Y/N's side the entire night. He made a fort for them in the living room, and sat with Y/N when she had more crying episodes. She asked about his face and he just brushed it off because he was embarrassed.

"Thank you Steve." Y/N mumbled from
on the couch half asleep as Steve sat on the floor in front of the couch. "No problem kid. Now go to sleep, you need it." Steve said turning off the TV.

It didn't take long for Y/N to fall asleep, and Steve still stayed there. Laying on the other couch across the room, but he didn't fall asleep.

He needed to be sure she would actually be okay.

He thought about what he had saw that night. What had she seen? He hoped she hasn't been hurt as he looked at her figure, softly snoring.

He hoped that, at least for now, she felt some peace in the violence of Hawkins Indiana.