2. Back and Forth

Lauren's POV

It had been almost a week after my last concert in London. During this short period, I finally got some time to rest. The first days I just slept all day, with my phone permanently turned off. After three months of continuous concerts and interviews, I needed some solitude away from publicity and journalists' fake smiles.

I lived permanently in New York anymore. Even if I stayed here only for 2-3 weeks and then came and gone due to the shows. However, I had created an environment that offered me some peace. You could see my personal touch all over the place. It wasn't a huge house like everyone would expect. I was always scared of big houses. I needed something that reminded me of my house in Miami, which I missed too much.

The first you could see, entering my apartment was a big space with valuable objects, placed carefully on specific spots, as if it was a museum exhibition. Their place wasn't random but carefully chosen to fit harmonically with the decoration. The huge wall windows allowed the sun to illuminate the entire place during the sunny days. Starting from the left corner, you could find a white long-tailed piano on which I would spend most of my days. On its right there was a king-size bed that didn't touch the wall, making me feel some kind of freedom that way. I had done the same with the white couches a few inches away from it. Before the couches, there was a coffee table with 3 pillows on the ground, surrounding it. Behind the couches, there was a library with my favourite books and there were some pictures on it. Lastly, on the right side of the apartment, there was a small corridor, leading to the kitchen which I barely used, since I didn't have time to cook. I had created a small "shelter" that despite it being on the busy Fifth Avenue, it was at the same time next to Central Park.

Getting up, I realised I had slept too much the last few days and decided to check my plans. I knew that if I turned on my phone, it would be full of my manager's missing calls and texts.

I walked to the fridge to have some orange juice, thanking Susan that cleaned the house and filled the fridge right before I came. I took a sip of the juice and then realised for the first time the weight loss due to the world tour. Thankfully it didn't make me look bad.

Heading to the living room I sat on the couch and turned on my phone only to see that I had 14 missing calls from Jonathan and hundreds of emails and notifications. However, I decided to ignore everything in an attempt to forget the charity show in Chicago. I lay down and checked my Twitter, hoping that scrolling on social media would make me relax. I couldn't be more mistaken since a girl had mentioned me on this post:

"2 weeks until we see Camren back together. @dinahjane97 do you agree? @LaurenJauregui don't block me just because I mentioned Camren :P"

My eyes popped out when I noticed the post had gathered thirteen thousand likes. The only reason was that some famous profile had liked it. My head tingled as I checked Dinah's profile. I felt my hand sweating when I searched the tweets she had pushed the like button like a god damn stalker. My breathing altered when I saw that on top of her liked tweets was the girl's post. Fucking Dinah Jane had liked a fan's tweet talking about Camren.

I jumped up from the couch throwing my phone as far as possible. 'Is she stupid? Why did she do that after so long? It would make to me such a huge problem. I fight every time to brush off the whole Camren thing when the press asks me. And now she's provoking them to start again?' And of course, it wasn't the first time she did that.

***

"What the fuck!" Camila exclaimed enthusiastically and embraced me to walk together. I was slightly taller than her and she had to stretch a bit to reach me.

"Can you believe it?" I asked smirking since I loved watching her acting like a child.

"Why can you?" Dinah cut in, advancing arm in arm with Normani and Ally and then they began bouncing like crazies.