3. Can I resist?

She says I smell like safety and home

I named both of her eyes "Forever" and "Please don't go"

I could be a morning sunrise all the time, all the time yeah

This could be good, this could be good

Lauren's POV

'Engaged? Camila Cabello engaged with a successful lawyer? Why do I care? Why I can't get it out of my head since I learnt it? Maybe it's ego and nothing more. Yeah, that's it. Maybe because she moved on in her perfect life. Actually, no. Not just because she moved on, but because she found the man she wants to spend the rest of her life with, while I'm still single. Maybe I should text Lucy. What the fuck, of course, I won't. I made sure to hate me as well like Camila once hated me. Maybe it's true that I'm the worst person in the world.'

I tried to push my thoughts away, watching the people walking by before the radio station I was invited to. Hundreds of fans expected a picture of me. Paparazzis' flash already firing on the limo despite the non-transparent glasses. I put on quickly my black Ray-Ban Erika and watched the bodyguard opening the door for me. I got into his muscular arms, passing safely through the cheering fans. Every single time the same thing. I put on my navy cape, pushing my long until the waist, hair on the side. Thanks to my sunglasses paparazzi's flashes couldn't blind me. In a few seconds, I saw the fans' hands trying to touch me, while the bodyguard was practically dragging me to the entrance of the radio station. Cries and screams sounded while yelling my name.

"LAUREEEEN!"

"Lauren! Look at me!"

"Camren is real!"

Was the last bold scream I heard before the door behind me closing. I straightened my high waisted grey closs skirt and adjusted the navy blouse with the V neckline under my skirt. "Camren is real" I heard it almost always by some bold fans every time they saw me. I heard it almost always, sometimes clearly, like today some other times barely, in the concerts. Even today, after two years since the band's breakup and Camren still wasn't over. Because "Camren is real" had become the motto of our concerts as Fifth Harmony. I just didn't expect them to comment on it during my solo shows. It made me wonder if they yelled the same at Camila's solo concerts and whether she was aware of it. After all, it was I that turned into the greatest lesbian icon of the planet the past six years. From the first day of X-Factor until today. 'And she is what? She has hidden behind her perfect career and her engagement. Camila Cabello, best friend of Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez is engaged to a lawyer. I wonder how come she didn't end up with some celebrity of Taylor's ridiculous squad. But who cares? It's just a charity event. I'm affected because we're going to sing all together. Just that. No other reason. We'll meet, then sing, then exchange some fake smiles and go back to our normal life. We don't even need to speak. We haven't spoken for 2 years now. A formal "How are you" is more than fine. I always used to be civil, not some barbarian. It's nothing Lauren, you got this. Only a couple of days.'

I put on my brightest smile and opened the studio's door, of Ryan Seacrest which I had entered too many times in the past 6 years. I knew him personally, he was one of the radio station's producers that I liked in real. Our acquaintance started when I used to be in Fifth Harmony. He was obsessed with us and always asked us to broadcast, live on-air songs. His obsession with me went on even after I decided to go solo. I was many times one of his guests.

"Lauren, honey." He approached me with his shiny smile. "You're gorgeous! Welcome!" He said before kissing my cheek which lasted a few more than the "formal". I was aware he flirted every time he saw me. But he was always kind, never making me feel uncomfortable.