21. Knock Knock

I hope you find someone that matches your capacity to love

Lauren's real reblog on tumblr

Camila's POV

"It's gonna be ready by Friday!" Dinah said as she poured some coffee into a cup and took a seat beside me, on my couch.

"What?" I murmured staring at my phone and waiting for Lauren's text. Supposedly that day we were going to meet and yet she hadn't contacted me again. I was dying to text her first, but I was afraid I would be intruding and trespassing her rules.

"Mila, where's your mind? I'm talking about the wedding dress. On Friday it's the rehearsal! It looks amazing!" Her eyes glimmered and I forced a smile. 'I'm getting married in 5 months and everything is arranged except my heart. How the hell did I end up like this?'

"Yeah, right, I'll be there."

"Camila, what the fuck is going on? You used to be excited about the wedding and now you're even bored to try the dress." For a moment I thought of confessing everything to her and especially how unfair I've been with Lauren, but even if I did, I wouldn't be exonerated. I was unfaithful and there was no excuse for it.

"Dinah, it's only been 10 days since I've returned from the tour. I'm fine, I'm just really tired."

"Okay... You didn't look tired when you were at Lauren's concert." My jaw dropped and she noticed the surprise on my face. "Why are you shocked, Camila? You didn't want me to find out?" Her brow arched and I tangled my fingers nervously.

"I don't understand why you're interrogating me."

"And I don't understand why the hell you were at her concert. She hasn't been talking to you for months now."

"I couldn't help it. Normani insisted and I couldn't avoid it. She would find out..." I returned shamelessly. "And anyway... How did you find out?"

"It's all over the internet, Camila! There's a picture of you and Normani sitting beside the stage. The photo isn't even clear, I don't know how they noticed you back there. You know what those crazy Camren shippers are like, and you keep feeding them! It's all they discuss for 5 days now!"

"By the end of the week, it'll be forgotten, chill." I tried to play cool while losing my mind.

Her lips parted and before any word came out, the doorbell rang.

"I'm not expecting anyone." I wondered, but her facial expression revealed that she knew.

"It's Selena! I told her about having coffee at yours." Thankfully she jumped up and ran to open the door and didn't see my grimace and discomfort. Selena was the last person I wanted to see.

"Hello, girls! Where's my cup?" She took off her coat and sat right next to me, and I immediately felt cloyed by her overly sweet, fruity perfume. I could tell she looked happier than the last time I saw her.

"It's coming!" I said awkwardly, avoiding her eyes and walked to the kitchen.

"Why so happy?" I heard Dinah asking while I was making her coffee.

"Who knows..."

"Spit it out. You and Lauren?"

"No, but we were just together." I almost dropped the cup with her espresso. My heart clenched and I tried as much as possible to look untouched.

"She's in LA?" Dinah asked and mentally thanked her because I'd had the same question.

"Beverly Hills specifically."