23. Dare or Dare?

Look into my eyes, that's where my demons hide.

Lauren's real tweet

Show me all your demons

Camila's real tweet

Camila's POV

I stayed still in her arms, pretending I was asleep. Lauren woke up and I was unsure what her reaction would be with me in her arms. We broke her most important rule and not just slept together, but cuddled.

Her breathing changed. From calm turned sharp as she realised I was in her arms. Her heartbeat sped up. 'Is she stressed? Is she angry?' She didn't move and I wasn't sure whether she did it not to wake me up, or didn't know how to react. I didn't know for how long we stayed like that, but it got even more complicated when my hand twitched by my stress. Lauren realised I was awake and instantly her body clenched. I raised my head hesitantly from her chest and our eyes met. My limbs felt numb and she looked at me frightened.

"I'm sorry, I didn't realise I was sleeping on you," I mumbled and pulled away immediately. Lauren's mouth was shut, staring bewildered. The silence between us became uncomfortable. "I should better leave. Thank you for letting me sleep here." I said, with my eyes focused on the sheets and sat up, to get off the bed, but Lauren held my wrist to stop me.

"Stay." That was all she said and I did as she said. I laid back beside her, with my head on the pillow. She turned on her side, observing me without speaking, which only made me even more nervous. At that moment, I'd kill to find out what was going on in her head. The depth of her gaze, unless she cleared the otherwise, I'd be convinced she had feelings for me. My breaths got sharp when she reached for my face with her hand and brushed against my cheek. I involuntarily flinched.

"Shhh..." Her fingers caressed my cheek. "It's okay." My whole existence suffered in that moment from what she did. She placed a strand of my hair, behind my ear and she kept caressing me, so softly as if she was scared she'd break me. Her eyes processed every corner of my face and her lips parted. Her fingers moved to my eyes, then my nose and at the end my lips. She brushed her thumb over my mouth and her eyes were fixed on my lips.

"You're so beautiful." She muttered as if she were talking to herself. Her fingers tangled with my hair and I needed desperately to believe there was more than just sex, in what she did. My lips parted when I realised she had brought her face closer. The sun turned her eyes into light green, almost yellow, with parts of them, remaining dark green such as the circle that surrounded her iris. Undoubtedly they were the most beautiful eyes I had ever seen. I needed to touch her lips because I couldn't be so close to her without touching her.

I turned on my side facing her as well, without answering her. It had been over 3 years since I'd had such a beautiful view in my morning. It was the last time I woke up next to her.

I leaned and despite knowing it was forbidden, I couldn't resist, and my lips touched hers softly. I saw her eyelids shutting. 'Is she accepting it?' I was confirmed when her arm tangled around my lower back and mine around her neck. Her face tilted and deepened the kiss, causing the familiar tingles in my body. There was passion, but compared with every other time, she missed the sexual frustration. I pulled her closer to me and her body squeezed against mine. My tongue fought with hers, and I rubbed against hers, which she reciprocated as well.

"Someone woke with an appetite." She chuckled and I pulled back. She leaned to kiss me again, but my arm on her chest stopped her from doing so.

"You mean, you don't want to?" I smirked because, on the contrary, it didn't look like that.