12. The Lie (Hidden Parts)

Lauren's POV

***

"The Lie - The beginning"

"Lauren, Lauren." A whisper and a shove on my arm made my eyes open.

"Camila?" I murmured. The thunders illuminated Camila's face in the darkness. She seemed scared.

"I'm sorry for waking you up." She whispered trying not to wake up Normani that slept on the bed beside me.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"Actually... It might sound a bit stupid, but I was wondering if I could sleep with you... Because I'm afraid of the thunders." She faltered.

Her question caught me off guard. We had been very close those two weeks before the X-Factor began, but I didn't feel that comfortable sleeping with another person in the same bed.

"If you don't want to, I completely understand. It was stupid of me for asking..." She said in one breath, watching me not answer, but my voice cut her off. I didn't know why I hesitated to answer.

"No, no, I'm sorry... I'm just sleepy." I apologised. "Come here." I cleared some space and she sneaked under the duvet.

The huge grin of satisfaction on her face made me happy as well. She was adorable. During those two weeks had become something like my first fan. She always took seriously my opinion and was her role model even if she was only a year younger. Probably because we were both from Miami brought us closer than the others. Or maybe because it was the first time we were away from our families and our lifestyle had changed since we entered the X-Factor.

"Thank you very much," Camila said before covering herself with the duvet and I pulled back slightly so she could be comfortable. I expected her to turn her back to me and sleep, but instead, she lay on the side facing me.

"Are you comfortable?" I asked.

"Even in the darkness, your eyes look green." She said with admiration avoiding my question. She was so carefree that from the first time she met me she didn't stop complimenting me for my eyes or my hair or my body. "I wish I was like you." She whispered mostly talking to herself.

"Camzi," For some reason I called her like that and I immediately saw the change on her face. "You are beautiful, what are you talking about?" I said truthfully since she was really beautiful and talented, she was just too self-conscious to know it.

"Is this why I haven't kissed anyone?" I was caught off guard once again. I didn't know she hadn't kissed anyone. I knew she was innocent, but not that innocent which was convenient since I wasn't ready to talk about myself to anyone.

"It doesn't mean that something is troubling in your appearance, Camzi, just because you haven't kissed anyone yet." I used the nickname again since it made her happy. "You are beautiful and I want you to remember that. There will be a time that you'll meet the suitable person, the one that will make your heart beat fast and then you'll have your first kiss, which will have meaning. Because it will be with someone you care about. Someone you'll want to be with. And we'll be here talking about how magical it was. And I'm sure right after he will ask you to be his girlfriend." I saw her broad smile when a thunder's light illuminated the room.

"You..." She asked hesitantly. "Are you in a relationship this time?"

I knew sometimes the girls would ask about my personal life, but I refused to think about it. I didn't know what to tell her. Not even my mother knew about it. She was so innocent that I didn't want to frighten her nor was ready to talk about my personal life. Especially with Camila who was still a child. I was ashamed and most of all afraid of the world's reaction.