24. Letter to myself

In some other life

We are standing

Side by side and

Laughing that, in

Some other life

We are apart

Camila's real reblog on Tumblr

Camila's POV

"Tell me you locked."

"No."

"How can you not have locked?" I snapped and I saw her staring at me like dumb. 'This can't be happening!' My eyes were pinched on the knob that turned slowly but stopped when Normani's voice was heard as well.

"Dinah, what are you doing up here?" She asked lowly.

"I came to check on Camila. She's gone for more than 20 minutes." The door opened slightly, but Normani's door forced her to close it back, making my heart stop.

"Stop!" She whispered loudly and sternly. "Camila must have fallen asleep, you'll wake her!" I jumped on the bed and got covered with the blankets. Lauren stared at me frightened since there was not a single place in the room, where she could hide. She padded to the door to hide behind it, but she wasn't fast enough. The door opened and Lauren stopped dead in her tracks. I shut my eyes forcefully, living my worst nightmare. I squeezed my eyelids shut, afraid to face the truth, trying to convince myself it was all a bad dream.

"See I told you she's sleeping." Normani's voice made me quiver.

"This girl could sleep anywhere. Let me check if she's okay."

"Dinah, she's tired. Don't wake her up! Let's go." The door shut immediately. Dinah's murmur faded away as they walked away. The time I released my breath and relaxed, I remembered Lauren.

I got up and saw her right at the same spot before I shut my eyes, standing in the middle of the room, and she was pale as if she'd faced some ghost.

"She saw me." She muttered as if she were talking to herself. "Normani saw me."

"What do you mean?" I asked in despair and felt it difficult to breathe.

"She saw me, Camila. Normani saw me standing. She looked at me." She said dreadfully and I supported my head on my palms.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Camila." Lauren retorted. "Normani opened the door and after watching you lying down she eyed at me. She didn't say anything but saw me. She covered us. When Dinah tried to get in, she forbade it and forced her to leave."

'Oh my god, Normani knows... She's not stupid. I don't know what she thinks of me now. That I am unfaithful? That I'm cheating on the man I'm going to marry in a few months with my ex-best friend? That we've been denying for four years, something is going on between us?'

At that moment, I panicked and thought my secret unveiled and I was convicted of social torture and solitude for the rest of my life as a punishment for my sins. 'How did we get so careless? I just left to change my clothes but what about Lauren? What did Lauren say to the girls before leaving? Where does Dinah think Lauren is now? Not downstairs with them.'

"With what excuse you left?" Lauren's eyes landed on me without answering. I stood up from the bed feeling my legs weak. "Lauren, what did you tell them? Where did you say you were heading to?" I walked closer to her and without meaning to I heaped insult on injury. I had no right to do that because after all I consented to it, I couldn't resist her touch, and I got carried away with her as well. And I would regret it bitterly later.