{Chapter 17}

Beckham's POV:

I woke up the next morning to my alarm. Knowing I have limited time, I took a quick shower and got dressed before going downstairs into the kitchen. I facetimed Alec and Jane while I made a small breakfast of toast and orange juice and ate. Telling the twins, I had to go when I realized the time, if I didn't go then I would be late. Jumping into my car, I raced to UFC Headquarters and barely made it on time.

"Beck! Nice to see you again kid" Dana White, president and owner of UFC, said as I walked into him office. "Good to see you too Dana" I replied to the man with a smile. We both sat in our chairs before my manager walked in and sat down beside me after shaking Dana's hand and patting me on the back. "Everyone is here so let's get started. First, do you even want to fight Jorge Masvidal?" Dana asked me, probably so we don't waist our time. "Yea I want to fight him. I have wanted to fight him for almost a year now" I tell him honestly. "Good. We want to have the fight between you guys to be the co-main event for the paper view we are having here in Vegas in three months. That event will make it so you will be able to complete the eight-week training camp and be able to do the press conferences and weigh in along with the other press events that you will also take part in" Dana told me, giving me the usual run down. "That sounds great! There is one thing I want to change though" I tell him straight forward. "What do you want to change?" Dana got intrigued since I never stray from my routine. "I want to do the same thing as always, but I want to do it all from Italy. I want to do all of my training in Italy and fly back for the events that I need to be here for." To say Dana was shocked was an understatement, even David was surprised but try to hide it.

"Why do you want to do all of your training in Italy?" Dana asked me after the shock had worn off. David also looked at me wanting to know also, but still acted like he knew everything. I decided to go with the short version. The one without psychotic sister, vampire kings, vampire mates, basically everything supernatural that if I said out loud would get me locked up in a mental asylum. "Long story short. Family issues led me to a town in Italy where I met the two people I fell in love with instantly. I haven't even been away from them for twenty-four hours and I don't want to stay away from them when I don't really need to. Dana, you have known me since you signed me to the UFC four years ago, you know I never act like this for anyone. So please let me work from Italy! I'm begging you man."

Dana sat quietly in thought for what felt like hours but was really only a few minutes. He cleared his throat before opening his mouth to speak. "Can you one hundred percent guarantee you will be at the events your manager and our press team schedule for you? And that the two people you are wanting to stay near will not get in the way of your training or anything work related?" he asked while looking me straight in the eyes trying to read me. "Yes, I promise. I have my own private jet so I won't be risking delays by using airline flights. With the schedule planning, David thinks the same way I do and knows my limitations so if he approves of the schedule then I am happy to make the trips. The two I am seeing will not be in the way of work. They understand that this is what I do and that training is super important to get me ready for the fights and will help me get injured less. They hate seeing me hurt so that information made them see how vital training is. I did tell them about how things usually work leading up to the fights so they will not be surprised when I am working most of the day almost every day of the week." I tell Dana everything I had worked out, just laying everything out on the table for him so he can comprehend how serious I am about this.

"Okay, you can work from Italy and come back when we have in person events for you to appear at." Dana gives in with a small smile showing on his face. Hearing those words made me smile right back at him so big I swear my face was going to split in two. "Thank you! I won't let you down on this! Now the only people I have left to talk about it with are my team, hopefully they agree." I tell them still smiling. We finished the meeting about thirty minutes later after we ironed out details like pay, number of press events before and after the paper view, official announcement for the fight, and using social media to hype up the fans and keep people worldwide involved in the buildup to the paper view. Dana said he would call when the contracts were drawn up so I could either come here to sign them or tell him where to send them so I can sign and send them back.

David and I left headquarters together with me driving and David riding shotgun. The short ride to the restaurant that we were meeting my team at was filled with David telling me about his three-year-old daughter. She was apparently the sassiest child to walk the planet judging by the stories he tells me.

We arrived at the restaurant and walked in. Looking around, we realized that everyone else was already here and walked over to the large table that our party was set up at. Everyone exchanged greetings before digging into our food since the guys ordered our food for us before we got here.

"So, guys I have a big question to ask you all?" I say out loud so everyone at the table could hear me. everyone stopped talking and turned their attention to me so I could continue. "I have decided to do training somewhere else this time and would like for you all to continue being my team and doing the training with me in the new place I have decided. Your living accommodations and transportation for getting back and forth from training will be paid for. The only things you would pay for are food and transportation to get around on your free time.

"Before any of us agree, I think we would like to know where we would be going?" another team member asked while looking around at everyone else at the table. Everyone started to nod their heads agreeing that they would like to know also. "We all would be staying in Volterra, Italy." I tell them. "Okay. I'm in! I mean come on guys, how often would we all be able to go and spend two months in Italy!" the team mate yelled out causing many customers to turn and look at our table. David and I send small smiles of apologies to the people around us before they turn around. Within a few minutes everyone from the team agreed to go to Italy for training. We had a round of shots to celebrate followed by two rounds of beer before we all left to go to our respective houses. The ones who had a little buzz caught rides with others so that no one would get into any legal trouble.

Once home I texted Alec and Jane, "Everything went well. All is a go. My team and I are training for two months, but I will have to come back to Vegas sometimes to do press events but other than those I will be in Volterra more than anywhere else. Love you guys! I'll be there soon!" the text read. I sent the text to the twins before stripping down to my boxers and climbing into bed to sleep for the rest of the night.