Chapter 16 (Trial of Injustice)

I was halfway through the article about cats on my Ipad when Catcat showed up in front of me.

'How do I look Katy?' She said sweetly, while she turned away from the fridge, now with a box of baby carrots in her hand.

'You look gorgeous as always baby girl, but I really do not think that this is appropriate honey... Why don't you go upstairs and perhaps put on something um... calmer... maybe white, grey or black? This is a murder trial after all.'

'It doesn't mean that I can't have a disco party at the court...'

'I love you Catcat, but bright neon pink is not the best thing to wear... respect the occasion...'

'He does not deserve my respect. Not even a single drop of it and he does not deserve yours either. So, are you going for neon pink, green or yellow?' Catcat said with a broad and proud smile.

'Neither one of those now Catcat... I'm serious.'

'So am I!'

'Catcat please! We are going to be late! Judges are huge on punctuality! Come on!'

I pushed my daughter up the stairs and right into the wardrobe and rummaged through her endless racks of dresses.

'This one?' I said, lifting up a long sleeved black maxi dress with a turtleneck sort of thing.

'Katy that is not even mine... it looks like what nuns would wear...'

'This one?' I said, lifting up a very decent white dress.

'Nope.' Catcat moaned.

'Why?'

'Just don't feel like it...' She said as she turned and looked through her bright coloured dresses, now sucking on a lollipop that came out of nowhere.

'This one then.' I said, getting rather impatient.

'How about this one?' She said, without even bothering to look at me. She lifted up an ocean blue sleeveless dress that was way too short for the occasion in my opinion.

'You know what? Just put it on! Anything is better than this neon thing that you have on! Just be quick! We are more than ten minutes off schedule! Come on! I'll be waiting downstairs! Hurry up!' I screeched as Catcat was still standing there staring at me as if she does not have a clue of what I am saying.

Catcat rolled her eyes as she unzipped her ridiculous party dress. Catcat has been acting so rebellious all day. I know that she is loathing this trip and she has every right to hate it, but as her mother, Catcat is getting all my last nerves and is certainly testing my limits.

After endless screaming and moaning, Catcat slumped down the stairs and got dragged out of the door by me. She insisted on saying goodbye to Lacy and refilling her water bowl and feeding her, which took another five minutes, making us later than we were already before.

'Catcat please I beg of you! Stop acting like this! I KNOW THAT YOU ARE DREADING THIS, BUT THIS IS NOT MY FAULT! DO YOU THINK THAT I WANT THIS? DO YOU THINK THAT I LIKE GOING TO THIS THING? NO! THAT PERSON HURT ME TWO TIMES! DO YOU THINK THAT I WILL BE ENJOYING THE NEXT FEW WEEKS? NO! JUST CUT ME SOME SLACK PLEASE!'

'IF YOU NEVER DATED THAT BASTARD WE WON'T BE HERE AND ALL THAT CRAP! MY PARENTS WILL BE HERE, NATHAN WILL BE HERE, AND THE BEST THING IS THAT I WON'T HAVE TO BE HERE WITH YOU DOING THIS!' Catcat hollered as she stormed out of the door.

(Catherina's POV)

Katy and I sat in silence in the black four by four. The driver constantly looked at the two of us through the mirror, and will return his focus onto the road once I stare back at him. I still hate Katy for making me go to the court. I would much prefer staying home with Lacy and the cats alone watching a movie and working out rather than going to see XXX again.

Katy's vein was still twitching, meaning that she is still furious at me for what I said. I have been giving her a rough time all morning, trying to indicate that I am hating this. Katy has been quite patient with me, but what I talked back to her before we got into the car was a little bit over the line.

'Katy I-'

'Listen, I don't care what is in your mind right now and I honestly don't want to know what you have to say to me or say about me, but later when we get out of the car put on a good face and at least pretend you like me. Follow my lead and keep your sunglasses on you understand me young lady?'

'Why do I have to pretend? It's not fair. You don't even care about how I feel do you Katy? All you care about is you yourself. I'm fifteen, I am my own person and you can't control me.'

'STOP IT! I AM YOUR MOTHER! HOW DID YOU BECOME LIKE THIS?'

'Considering that you dumped me when I was a baby, you have no right to question my being. I am who I am and I stand for what I stand for so leave me alone. YOU TAKE NO CREDIT FOR ME! YOU DID NOT RAISE ME! MY MOM AND DAD DID!'

To my surprise, Katy said nothing. She turned to face the window as she tried to hide the fact that I really hurt her and that she is really upset. I know that I am not being the most sensitive person right now, but I cannot bring myself together and be the nice Catcat.

As we got off the car, I decided to listen to Katy and put on a good face. I said nothing and kept my head down and stayed behind Katy. It wasn't just paparazzi today, there were reporters from different places, all eager to see Katy and to see for themselves that Katy Perry's daughter is alive.

'Katy how do you feel about this? Say something!'

Katy this, Katy that. I feel like a speck of dust behind her... We entered the court and barely made it before the trial started.

I did not really pay any attention to what XXX's attorney has to say until he said that XXX only did what he did because he has mental problems. I stood up wanting to say something, but then Katy stopped me. She pushed me back into my seat, motioning for me to not make a single sound.

This was only the first part of the trial, and things are not looking good for Katy and I. It will be my ultimate nightmare if XXX was let lose because he will come after me and kill me.

'Before the jury make their decision, this trial will continue next Tuesday. The suspect will be admitted into Department of State Hospital (DSH)- Atascadero for a revaluation.'

'HE IS NOT CRAZY! HE IS JUST SAYNIG THIS TO GET HIMSELF OUT OF JAIL! YOU CAN'T DO THIS! YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME! AFTER WHAT HE HAS DONE TO ME HE DESERVE NOTHING OTHER THAN TO ROT IN HELL! HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO BE IN A HOSPITAL!' I screamed.

'SILENCE!' The judge hollered as he pounded his hammer.

'YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO ASK ME TO SHUT UP! THAT MAN OVER THERE KILLED AND HURT ALMOST EVERYONE THAT I HAVE LOVED! I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE LETTING HIM OFF THE HOOK!'

'Catcat sit down! I believe what the judge is doing what's appropriate. You have to respect the court and the judge! Please behave yourself as you are embarrassing yourself and me myself.'

'DON'T YOU ASK ME TO RESPECT ANYTHING HERE! IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT ME EMBARASSING YOU THEN I THINK I BEST LEAVE YOU ALONE AND LET YOU HAVE YOUR WAY. DON'T SAY I DID NOT WARN YOU KATY! IF YOU ENJOY BEING RAPED BY HIM AGAIN THEN STAY HERE AND DO NOTHING ABOUT IT! I'M DONE! I'M DONE!' I said as I grabbed my purse and stormed out of the court. I know that Katy truly believes that XXX will stay in the hospital, but I know that a hospital room will not be enough to keep him locked up. I want to get through this situation with Katy, but right now what I need is to be with my real parents.