Chapter 19 (Safe And Sound)

(Catherina's POV)

After the trial, all I could think of is how disgusting Katy and Ian are. I thought Katy would understand how I feel about all of this, but it turned out that she still does not understand. Instead, she stood up for Ian, the person who hurt all my loved ones.

I know that I said to her that whenever I run away she will always be able to find me in our little area, but when I ran out of the court, the first thing that came into my head is that I never want to be found by her again, ever.

I felt my head pounding as I ran down the blocks. I didn't know where I could go without my family around me now, so my instincts told me to keep running until my legs won't move another inch again.

Then it all hit me. I have to be with my parents. I took a bus to the LA cemetery where my parents and Tammy is buried after they were killed in the fire at our house. After I arrived, I went straight down the familiar way to my parents' grave. It hurts a lot to be there, knowing that I can never have a hug from my family ever again, but it is also comforting as when I am at their grave, it is the closest that I can ever be to them.

'Mom? Dad? Tammy? I miss you so much... I am so sorry... I am so sorry for leaving just like that... I want you to know me leaving had nothing to do with you... it was all because of Katy and her stupid actions... I love you so much... and I am so sorry...' I said as I collapsed onto the ground.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

My eyes fluttered open when I heard Katy screaming my name. She had found me again, this time probably with the help of Josh. Her croaked and dry voice was getting louder and louder, which meant that she was getting closer to my location. I gathered my belongings, got up, and was ready to take off but my legs were numb from the cold and rain. I crumpled onto the ground once again and before I had the chance for my second attempt, Katy was standing right in front of me, panting but glad that she finally found me.

(Katy's POV)

It was all dark now, which made it even harder to find Catcat. It was raining and cold and I was getting even more worried than I was when my dad finally pulled the car to a halt.

'We should be here right now Katy.'

'But we are at a cemetery...'

'Josh tipped us off saying that Catcat would come and sit in front of her parents and sister's grave when she is lonely and scared. He said that Catcat thinks that no one knows about this place, and he only found out when he was following her, trying to win her back again.'

Without saying another second word, I got out of the car and started looking around. The ground was muddy and it was still raining. I could not help but think how long Catcat has been out here by herself in the cold.

'CATCAT? CATCAT?'

No answer as usual. The cemetery seemed very disturbed and haunted and I would imagine how Catcat would feel. My toes were numb from the cold and wetness but I knew that I had to go on. It was almost impossible for me to see in the dark let alone see my petite daughter. It was only when I heard someone falling that gave away Catcat's location.

'Oh my god Catcat are you okay? I am so sorry for everything! Come on! Let's go home!' I screamed urgently against the loud rustle of the wind and pouring rain.

'My home is here! Leave me alone! I thought that you would understand! How can you do this to me?'

'I do understand! Catcat please!' I said, as I got onto all fours, ready to grab her and run.

I reached out and grabbed Catcat's arms. She screamed on top of her lungs as she tried to push away from me. Her tiny body was weak and frigid, as she must have been sitting outside in the rain for hours.

'LET GO! LET GO OF ME!' She screeched as she tried to bite me.

I continued to attempt to pull her into my arms but to my surprise, she flunked herself into my chest and wrapped her arms around my waist.

'I'm so sorry... I'm sorry...'

As shocked as I was, I realised that she is not angry with me, but she is hurt and afraid.

'It's all going to be alright now baby... I love you, let's go home now shall we?'

'I'm sorry... I'm so sorry... please don't hate me... I need you...'

My heart broke when Catcat said those words. 'Baby I don't hate you... you know that I will never hate you...'

'I'm so sorry... I'm sorry Katy...'

'Come on honey, let's go home, you're safe now and I promise you, everything is going to be fine...'

I carried Catcat back to the car after we both agreed that she could not support herself at all because her legs were completely numb and stiff. I watched my little girl as I half walked, half ran back to the car, partly because I watch too much scary movies and I could not help but think that vampires and zombies might appear and suck our blood and eat our brains, but also because Catcat is ice cold and she might get ill, which is the last thing I need right now with Ian's trial going on.

'Goodness gracious Katy what happened to her?'

'Dad she's freezing cold... Can we please take her home?'

'Of course... I told you that it will all be fine after all, now let's get you girls home now.'