Chapter 1

You awake from a nap in your college dorm, once again.
Graduation day was yesterday and you've already got all your belongings boxed up in your car to move.
Where- is the question.
You know that your parents and Emma recently moved to a town just outside Maine.
And honestly, it sounds kinda boring there.
You don't often speak to them, being so busy with school and all; though you do want to change that.
A knock sounds through the door and you startle.
Who could that be?
Throwing your hair up, you trudge toward the door.
"Yes?" You groan, as you look out you see nothing for a brief moment.
That is until your eyes adjust and point downwards, looking at a young child.
"Are you Ivy Swan?" He acts as if he's an investigator.
"Who are you?" You rub your forehead, looking out until the hall to see if anyone's looking for their little brother.
"I'm Henry." He grins. "I'm your nephew."
"What?" You jolt. Who is this kid? "Look, kid, I think you've got the wrong girl." You scoff. "What are you even doing in a college dorm anyways? Where did you come from?" You ask, thinking the answer will be down the hall.
He's probably supposed to be visiting some family and wandered off.
"Maine." He deadpans.
"What?" You gasp. "How the hell did you get here? Are your parent's here?"
"Nope." He pushes past you and into the room. "My Mom's at home."
"She'll be worried sick." You pace. "What's her numbe-"
"Don't call her." He puts a hand up to stop you. "You need to come home with me."
You stare in disbelief.
"Listen, H..."
"Henry."
"Right, Henry." You nod. "I don't know who you think I am but I'm not your aunt."
"Emma Swan." He simply states.
"What?" You blink a few times in disbelief, once again.
"Emma Swan is my mother."
"That's not possible." You laugh with no humour.
"I'm 11."
He allows you to piece together.
"She was pregant..." you whisper to yourself, your brain going into overdrive.
A wave of disappointment washes over you as you realise Emma neglected to ever tell you about this boy.
And you told each other everything.
"What do you want from me, kid?" You snap slightly.
"I want you to come home with me."
"I'm calling Emma. This is insane." You walk away and shut yourself in the bathroom, taking a huge deep breath.
"Emma?" You ask, audibly panicked.
"Ivy? What's wrong?"
"You have a son?" You screech down the phone. Silence. "This fucking kid has just shown up at my door. I swear to god, you have a kid and you don't tell me! And at the very least, you can't even keep an eye on him?!"
"Henry is in New York?! How did he find you?"
"I don't fucking know!" You argue. "But you need to come and get him, right now."
"He's not my son." She pitches in.
"What?"
"He was adopted."
"By you?"
"No!"
"So... how does he know about all of this? About our family?"
"It's a long story." She dismisses.
"Oh, that's the best you've got?" You scoff.
"I will explain everything. But it's a small world, here in Maine."
"Oh, you owe me big time for this, Em." You scowl down the phone as if she can see.
"I know. Just please get Henry here. His Mom is gonna kill me."
"I-" you go to ask a question but she's already hung up. "Bitch." You mutter.

"Hey, kid?" You call out, looking around to see the boy drinking juice from the carton. "Hey!"
"You know, you shouldn't swear so much." He casually inputs.
"That's my juice." You raise an eyebrow.
"I was thirsty." He defends, closing the cap and putting it back.
"You can keep it, now." You roll your eyes, grabbing your keys and a jacket. "I'm taking you back to Boston." You open the door and wait for him to pass through before shutting it behind you both.

"So how did you get all the way to New York?" You ask after a good half an hour of silence.
"Bus." He shrugs.
"You're lucky you got here in once piece." You quip, side glancing the kid and realising he's actually pretty cute.
"I know." He smiles absentmindedly.
"You should have really asked your mom to come with you."
"She would have never let me." He whines. "She never lets me do anything."
"Okay, well, I'm sure that's not true." You defend whoever this woman may be.
Being a mom must be hard. Especially when your kid runs halfway across the states without you knowing.
"It is." He pouts. "You'll see."
"Oh, I'll see?" You respond. "I'm dropping you back to Emma and turning the hell around."
"No!" He practically yelps, startling you slightly. "You can't!"
"And why's that?" You're becoming quite entertained by this kid's answers.
"Because you're meant to meet my Mom. That's how it's supposed to go."
"How what's supposed to go?"
He pulls out a large book from his backpack.
"This." He gestures to it, opening it. "The Swan sister looks into the eyes of the Evil Queen and immediately remembers a lifetime of memories, deep in her soul."
"Oh, woah, okay!" You chuckle. "A. That's just a story and B. Your Mom is the Evil Queen? Henry, that's not very nice."
"She is!" He defends. "You're the one who can save her."
"Listen kid, I'm a college student. I'm not some fairytale superhero, I can promise you that."
"No. You're supposed to think that you aren't." He grows frustrated and you start to think this boy needs special care that you cannot offer. "But you don't remember because you're cursed."
"I'm cursed?" You scoff. "Wow. I knew I was unlucky but damn."
"I'm serious."
"So am I, Henry." You insist. "Why am I even arguing with a 10 year old?" You whisper to yourself.
"I told you, I'm 11." He defends.
You hide your amusement.

"Emma." You scold her immediately as you pull up.
She's sheepishly waiting outside a large white mansion.
This surely isn't her house...
"Please don't make me go in."
"You have to, kid." Emma looks sympathetic.
If this woman really is that bad, why don't we call child services?
"What the hell just happened, Emma?" You scold her once again, waiting for your promised explanation.
"Look, we don't have time for this n-"
"Henry? Henry!" You hear a woman's voice call out, followed by the fast clicking of heels on concrete. "Where have you been?" She kneels down, and all you can see is a head of perfectly styled brunette hair.
"I went to get Ivy." He simply states.
Her hand drops from his face and lifts to look at you.
Her features are blotchy, presumably from crying, which makes your heart ache for this woman.
But she's beautiful.
No one could deny her that.
"Hi." You shyly respond, embarrassed about the whole ordeal. "I had no idea he was-" you begin but before you can finish she turns her stare to Emma.
Her eyes scowl at your sister and the air around you changes drastically.
"Henry could you wait inside, please." She calmly states.
Eerie.
You sideways glance at your sister who practically looks ready for battle.
"Listen, Regina-"
"If I find out you've been encouraging him in any way, Miss Swan, I will see sure that you have no influence over him whatsoever from now on, is that clear?"
Oh shit.
"I'm just as confused as y-"
"Do you need me to be clearer, Miss Swan?" She reiterates, gritting her teeth.
"No. You can spare me that, Regina." Emma rolls her eyes but obliges the woman of steel.
"I think it best for you to leave now, before Graham has to come escort you off the premises." She fake smiles, not an ounce of politeness behind it.
Emma rolls her eyes once again and you follow slowly after her.
"You stay." You hear an instruction.
The woman turns to you and you suddenly shift your feet.
Why do you feel as if you're back in school getting scolded by one of the scary teachers?
You refrain from the desire to check her out, for fear of a clip behind the ears.
"Henry said he came to see you, correct?" She raises a perfectly plucked eyebrow, and for a moment you stare in awe.
"Yeah." You cough yourself out of your stance.
"Well then, would you care to join me for a drink?" She relaxes her body language slightly, though you know it's artificial. "I would love to know all about my son's travels."