Chapter 14

"Good Morning!" Your mother engulfs you before you've even stepped through the door. "I'm so glad you could make it."
"Me too." You smile.
"Ivy!" A squeaky voice calls.
"Hi, Henry!" You hug him as he wraps his arms around your waist.
"You missed out on all the fun last night." Emma wriggles her eyebrows.
"Oh, yeah?" You smirk, looking down at Henry's big grin.
"I don't want you spending too much time in that room, sweetheart." MM gently rubs your shoulders. "It's not good for you."
"I go on runs and stuff, Mom." You defend. "But, you're right."
"She's just worrying because she's your Mother." David chimes in.
"And you're saying you aren't worried about her, David?" MM chimes.
"No, of course not." He hides his joking eye roll. "Ivy knows what I mean, right?"
"Sure." You take your seat at the table.
"Pancakes?" Your mother asks, already swooping in and placing one on your plate.
"I don't think you gave me much choice." You murmur. "Thank you, Mom." You politely announce.
"I've got 10 minutes until I gotta take you to school, kid." Emma pats Henry on the back, getting up from the table.
"I- I'm starting to feel a little sick." He coughs.
"Nice one, Henry." David smirks. "But Mary-Margaret and I have dealt with worse with these two."
"You're gonna have to do better than that, kid." Emma calls as she re-enters the room.
"I don't want to go to school." He pouts.
"Don't pout, Henry." You chuckle.
"My Mom says that all the time." He looks at you briefly before grabbing his lunchbox.
You watch the kid walk away as you catch Emma's eye.
She's staring at you, slack-jawed, an expression of disbelief.
You frown at her intensely and she immediately grabs your arm, pulling you into the bedroom and shutting the door.
"You're seeing Regina, aren't you!" Her eyes nearly pop out of her head.
"Don't be ridiculous, Emma."
"You sound just like her!" She squeals.
"Stop it." You roll your eyes. "You're going crazy."
"Am I?" She narrows her eyes at you.
"You think I'm seeing the Mayor who yelled at me the first time I got here?!" You defend.
"I do." She challenges.
"Why?" You roll your eyes, pretending as if she's being ridiculous.
"Yes or No." she says.
"What?"
"Are you seeing Regina, yes or no?"
"I'm not doing this with-"
"You are!!!"
"I am not!"
"You're lying!"
"Emma don't you fucking dare say this to anyone." You get serious.
"Relax!" She puts her hands up. "I just wanted to know because I'm your sister."
"Nobody can know. I'm not even seeing her." You wave it off. "Like... at all. I just have a crush on her and she cooked me dinner."
"She COOKED YOU DINNER?"
"Shhhh!"
"She what?"
"I had dinner at her house... twice."
Her eyes literally pop out of her head this time.
"I literally cannot believe this." She shakes her head.
"Why? Because everyone hates her."
"Because she hates everyone!"
"Not me."
"Clearly."
"I swear you're the only one who knows so if it gets out I'll kill you, Emma."
"Alright! I already said it's safe with me." She backs off. "I don't know if I'll be able to look at her the same..."
"I literally haven't stepped within 2 feet of her, Emma. Don't be gross."
"Are we going?!" Henry calls out from the living room and you both can't help but chuckle.
"Yes!" Emma calls back, grinning as she opens the door and heads toward the little man.

"Is Emma alright?" Your mother asks with a frown as you sit back down to the table.
"Yeah, she's fine." You shrug, pouring yourself a cup of coffee. "She was just pissed cause I borrowed her shirt." You lie.
"Nothing changes." David adds with a grin.
"Not at all." You agree.
"How have you enjoyed your time here so far, sweetheart?" Your mother asks as she begins clearing up.
"Uh-" you begin. "I've enjoyed it so far." You give a firm nod, trying to think of any reason you would enjoy this town, other than Regina. "I'm not ready to leave yet."
"Oh, good." Your mother grins.
"You know you can always stay with us." David adds. "We don't want you spending too much money on a place at Granny's."
"Thank you. It is getting expensive... either that or I'll have to get a job." You add in, prompting your mother's gasp of delight.
You observe her and smile.
"I want to spend a bit more time with Henry too... maybe I'll ask Regina if she ever needs a babysitter." You throw away the comment, just to predetermine any excuses for time spent at her house.
"That's a lovely idea." Your mother coos. "I'm sure Regina would love the help."
"I'm sure she would." Your father chimes in, a frostiness to his voice.
"Why does everyone not like her?" You blurt, the question has been eating you alive for days now.
"Wherever did you get that from?"
"I can just tell. Nobody really spends time with her or speaks to her. Emma always complains about her. I just wondered why... what has she done?"
"Nothing, sweetheart." MM sounds concerned. "She just likes to keep to herself and has little patience for those who get in her way."
"Oh." You frown. "She doesn't seem anything like that when I've spoken to her."
"When have you spoken to her?" Your father asks.
"Only a couple times. Once when I brought Henry back and once when she gave me a tour of the town."
"Wait a little while." He winks.
"I just feel like it's unfair for people to judge her. She seems lonely."
"Who's fault is that?" Your father mutters.
"David." Your mother scolds quickly. "We dont know much about her, sweetheart, so we can't tell you much. But she is always short with me when I speak so I tend to leave her in peace." She explains.
"Okay. Maybe just smile next time you see her."
"I will, thank you for bringing it up, sweetheart." Your mother smiles at you, ready to spread positivity as always.
Emma bursts back through the door.
"You wanna come to the station, deputy?" Emma smirks at you, her keys in hand.
"I'm not doing any of your paperwork again." You roll your eyes but can't help grinning.