Chapter 3

You immediately get back in the car and drive around the corner, away from what just happened.
It's almost ten and to drive back to New York would take all night.
And then some.
"Emma?" You ask down the phone.
"Please tell me you're not driving home."
"God, no." You grin to yourself, knowing your sister is doing the same. "Can I come spend a couple days with you guys? I miss you." You suddenly feel emotional.
You've missed your family since moving away.
And this situation has presented itself perfectly to be reunited with them.
"Of fucking course you can, idiot." She teases down the phone.
"Emma!" You hear your mother scold in the background, making you laugh all the more.
"Sorry, Mom. You know we're all excited about this!" She argues playfully and you suddenly can't wait any longer to be apart.
"Send me your address I'm coming over right now."

"Ivy!!" Your mother and father open the door and immediately engulf you in a hug.
"God, I've missed you." You relax into the welcome.
"Not as much as we've missed you, honey." Your father smiles.
You notice your mother's eyes go shiny and immediately engulf her again.
"Mom." You slightly scold her. "Don't cry."
"I've just missed you so much." She kisses your cheek. "Emma, come and give your sister a hug!"
"I'm coming!" Emma groans as she traipses out her room and into the living room.
"Oh, if it isn't the woman who got her ass handed to her." You wind her up, a big smirk on your face.
"I did not." She rises to it.
"I'm pretty sure Regina cut you in half with her glare alone."
"You haven't seen anything." Emma scoffs. "Just you wait, sis." She flops down on the sofa.
"Please stop giving Regina a hard time, Emma. It's bad enough she's always so alone." Your mother nervously chips in.
"It's alright, Mom." Emma nods along. "It'll be fine." She turns her attention back to you. "So what happened to you inside? I'm surprised you came back with all your limbs."
"Me too." You flop down next to her. "I felt like I was being sentenced."
"You were." Emma quips.
"You spoke to Regina?" Your father asks rather protectively.
"Yeah. She wanted me to tell her what happened with Henry." You clarify. "I don't blame her, I mean, she was just worried about him."
"Did she threaten you?" He puffs his chest, as if a boy had just hurt you in high school.
"David." Your mother softly calms him.
"What? No, dad. It's really okay." You chuckle lightly.
"Just steer clear of her. She doesn't like us much." Emma mutters to you.
"I gathered that much." You sarcastically retort.

"Would you like a cup of tea or coffee, honey?" Your mother asks after stroking your hair, cuddled on the sofa, just as if you were a child again. "I can only hope you won't make the drive back anytime soon." She softly encourages you.
"Actually-" you begin, sitting up and grabbing everyone's attention. "I was planning on staying for a little while." Their faces light up. "Just to see you guys and figure out what I'm gonna do next."
"That sounds perfect." Your mother kisses your head. "You can tell us all about college."
"You can come to the station with Emma and I, too." Your father suggests excitedly.
"She can?"
"I can?"
"Yeah, it can get quite boring all day in that office." Your father leans back into his chair. "There's not all that many people to keep an eye on in this town."
"Except Levi." Emma chips in.
"There's always Levi." Your mother sympathetically adds.
"Is there a motel or anywhere I could stay?" You ask.
"You stay here." Your mother frowns, as if it's the obvious choice.
"Oh, no." You refuse. "You need all the space you can get. God knows Emma and I won't be able to sleep sharing a bed." You chuckle lightly.
"If you wish. You're welcome anytime you like, sweetheart." Your mother strokes your hair again.
"Go to Granny's." Your sister suggests. "It's where I stayed when I first got to Storybrooke."
"Where is it?"
"I'll take you now." Your father adds.
"Are you sure? You-"
"It would be my pleasure to make you at home." He smiles lovingly at you and you grin back.

"Your Mother's over the moon to have you back." He pulls your shoulder in toward his for a hug as you make your way through the cold streets. "I haven't seen her this happy since Emma came."
"Really?" You softly ask, your heart swelling. "I'm happy to be back- with you guys, I mean."
"What do you think of Storybrooke?" He cuddles you in closer as you walk.
"It's..." you begin to think of a description, the words lodging in your brain.
In the silence, you both start to laugh.
"I don't know yet." You chuckle.
"Storybrooke will be kind to you." He kisses your head just as your mother did. "I can feel it."
"Thanks, dad."
He holds the door open for you as a bell sounds above and you enter a rather dated-looking foyer.
"Well, good evening, David..." A smiley, much older woman appears at the desk.
"Evening, Granny." He smiles warmly. "This is my youngest daughter, Ivy."
"Oh, she's beautiful." The woman compliments. "I never knew you had another daughter."
"I suppose she's the best kept secret in Storybrooke." He jokes.
"Dad." You chuckle, encouraging him to stop.
"It's lovely to meet you, Ivy." She smiles.
"And you." You nod. "Is there any chance you have a spare room?"
"Oh, of course, my dear!" And shoots away to grab and key and places it into your hand.
"Only the best for the special visitor."
"Oh- thank you." You're surprised by the special treatment, though you accept.