Chapter 21

"Regina?" You immediately call for her in your haze.
Your hand touches her and you both pull yourselves into one another's embrace.
Tears brim in both your eyes as you feel the overwhelming sensation of the end of the curse.
Two curses broken at once.
"So... you found me." She grins as she rests her forehead on yours.
You feel a sob wrack through your chest and your grip tightens around her.
"I'm never letting you out of my sight again." You hold her close.
She giggles slightly and your heart leaps in your chest.
She pulls her head away to duck down and kiss you gently.
"Now I understand your mother's unwavering trust in true love."
"I love you a million times over." You kiss her forehead, still not letting her go.
"We have so much to talk about." She smiles at you lovingly before her face changes. "Where's Henry? Is he awake?" She springs into action.
"Wait- Do you think everyone is awake?" You startle, thinking of your family.
"I meant not asleep, my dear." She smirks at you. "But, I believe so."
"Mom?!" A little voice calls out as you hear tumbling footsteps down the stairs. "I woke up. Did you do it?" He calls out as he runs into you both.
"I think we might have, Henry." You grin at the excited boy.
"I knew you would!" He hugs you both tightly. "True love always wins."
"I can tell you learnt that one from Mary-Margaret." Regina jokingly rolls her eyes.
"My parents." You begin to process. "Emma."
A knock sounds from the door almost immediately.
You look to Regina, worried that it may be an unwelcome visitor. You look at her and Henry before kissing her hand gently.
"I won't let anyone ruin this for us." You reassure her, even though you know she can hold her own.
You swing the door open.
"Emma! Mom! Dad!" You rush toward and embrace them.
"You broke it." Emma says in disbelief.
"Did you ever not have faith in us?" You tease Emma.
"Better not answer that one." She sasses as she barges into Regina's house. "Henry! Regina!"
"Emma!" Henry hugs her immediately.
"Good evening, Miss Swan." Regina politely greets. "Mary-Margaret. David."
"Oh- Snow is fine." Your mother smiles.
You watch Regina stiffen and hide it.
"Of course." She nods.
You smirk at her and she sends you a glare once people aren't looking.
"So what happened?" Your mother asks curiously.
"I'm not sure we want to hear that answer." Emma sasses, much to Regina's disapproval.
"We were just talking and... we kissed and something changed." You shrug, ignoring your sister.
"Wait- hasn't this happened before?" Emma stops.
"I think we'd know if it had happened before." Your father adds in confusion.
"What? Have we kissed before?" You roll your eyes.
"No. Breaking a curse." Emma urges.
"Emma's right." Regina butts in.
You all try to hide your shock.
"Wow." Emma mutters under her breath.
"In the enchanted forest..." you think out loud. "Where were we before the enchanted forest?"
"Which time?" Emma asks impatiently.
"Before this. Before this curse. Before I was in college..."
"Storybrooke." Emma continues. "...But how would we be in Storybrooke unless you broke the curse? We were all together."
"It's like I've got two different lifetimes battling in my head... and I don't know which one is real." You frown to yourself.
"Mal and Cruella." Your father sneers.
That jogs a big memory.
"We did break the curse! I remember." You almost jump up. "Why are we here again if we've already done this before? Is this some time loop that-"
"Okay!" Emma stops you as Henry's grip grows tighter around her. "Henry, I think it's time for you to go to bed, little man." She scratches his head.
"Can I have a sleepover with you?" He grins up at the blonde who looks to Regina.
"Only if it's okay with them, Henry."
"We could always have room for one more." David smiles.
"I'm gonna stay here." You add, blushing slightly for some reason. Regina looks somewhat shocked. "If that's okay with you, Regina."
"Of course." She smiles at you.
"Saw that one coming." Emma murmurs.
You hit her slyly on her way out.
"Why don't we have breakfast at ours tomorrow morning? So we can try to figure this out together." Your mother suggests.
"Alright." Regina smiles and ushers them out the door.
"Goodnight!" You call as the door shuts behind them.
Regina stands for a moment and you can't help coming up behind her and kissing her shoulder.
"You do so well with them." You cuddle her.
"Well, now that I've got you I'm not left in an empty house anymore." She smirks.
"Oh, so I'm the second choice, am I?" You play along, releasing her and turning away.
She grabs your wrist and turns you back around, a grin on her face and her bottom lip in her teeth.
"I think you know that's not true." She snakes her hands around your waist and kisses you.
Her touch relaxes you like nothing else.
Breaking that curse has just felt like the huge brick wall between you both has gone.
Like you can finally rest together.
"I feel like I'm home." You sigh into her shoulder.
You don't see, but her eyes begin to well as she recognises the love she hasn't felt for so long.
"Me too." She whispers as she kisses your head. "And since it's just us tonight..." she smirks. "How about you come back to your bedroom?"
"My bedroom?" You play, grinning.
"Our bedroom." She rolls her eyes with a smile. "It's missed you."
"I'm sure 'it' has." You giggle, holding the brunette's hand as you follow her up the stairs.

"I need to shower..." Regina begins stripping.
Suddenly you feel deep down that you should look away, though you know it's just a reflection of your cursed self. "Are you okay?" Regina pulls you from your thoughts.
"Hm? Yeah." You snap back to reality. "It's just- this feels kinda weird."
"Weird how?" Regina sits and holds your hands in her lap, clearly worried.
"I feel like I haven't seen you in years. Like... actually you." You frown at your words, trying to make sense of how you're feeling. "And this talk of another curse that we don't know if it's under control just has me worried we're going to be doing this forever. Not knowing each other and then unknowingly finding each other again."
Regina tucks a strand of hair behind your ear and kisses your cheek.
"Please don't worry, my love." She reassures you. "I'm awake. Which means the evil queen is awake- somewhere." She chuckles. "And I know no one is any match for us." She attempts to lighten the situation. You give a half smile. "I won't ever let anything happen to you, okay? Tomorrow we find out what's going on." She stands once again and gets ready for the shower. "I already smell a rat in the town."
"Who?" You begin getting ready for bed also.
"Take a wild guess, my dear." She wraps a towel around her and goes to turn on the shower.
"Gold?" You stand in the doorway, watching her reaction.
She turns back with a knowing smile and a perfectly raises eyebrow.
Bingo.
"Now, are you going to join me or not?"