Chapter 5

You walk the town and notice Granny's Diner. It seems to be busy at this time of day and so you decide to grab another coffee.
"Oh, well good morning." The old woman smiles at you fondly from the other side of the counter.
"Good morning." You return the smile.
"So this is the new girl in town?" A tall brunette comes into view, striking features and dark brown hair. Her lips curl into a wolfish grin and you can't help but feel like she must be a lot of fun.
"I'm Ivy." You grin back. "Nice to meet you."
"I'll be sure to treat Mary-Margaret and David's precious child well." She winks. "I'm Ruby."
You chuckle at her infectious energy.
"Ruby, go easy on the poor girl." The older lady smiles at you once again. "What would you like, sweetheart?"
"Just a coffee, please."
"Are you sure?" She's ready to offer up everything else on display.
"Yes, thank you." You shake your head at the gesture.
"So-" the brunette begins wiping the counter in front of you. "How'd you like it here so far?"
"It's definitely interesting." You chuckle. "A lot of characters about."
"Have you met the Mayor?" She practically whispers.
"Oh, yes." You give her a look, as if to say you understand.
"Don't take it personal... she doesn't like anyone."
"Except for Henry, I suppose." You sigh, thinking of the woman's lonely life.
"I'm not even convinced she-"
"Ruby!" A man's voice interrupts and you turn to inspect the customer.
It's the same man from Regina's house the other day.
'Sheriff,' his name badge states.
"Graham." She says sweetly.
Oh. She likes him.
"Coffee to go, please."
"Of course." She turns back to you briefly. "Be right back."
You nod softly to her, smiling at her crush.
"I'm- Graham- by the way." He stutters slightly, reaching out a hand to shake.
You oblige.
"I'm Ivy." You give a tight smile, unsure of the man.
"Your sister works with me."
"Oh, she does? At the station?" Stupid question.
"Yeah." He smiles. "She's my deputy... although, she could probably do my job better than me." He attempts a joke.
"You were at Regina's house the other night." You blurt.
"Oh-" he's startled. "Yes, I was helping her try to track Henry. She was really worried."
"I'm sorry about that." You feel guilty all over again. "I had no idea what was going on and brought him back as soon as I could."
"It wasn't your fault." He gently replies, you smile as a thank you.
"Two coffees." Ruby presents them to you both.
"Thank you." You both mutter in response.
Graham hands over a $10 dollar-bill.
"Change?" Ruby asks as she pings open the register.
"No." He shakes his head. "I'll pay for both."
"No!" You protest. "That's not necessary, really." You defend.
"You deserve it after facing Regina's wrath the other night." He chuckles. "Besides, consider it a 'welcome to Storybrooke', gift." He smiles before swiftly leaving the diner.

"I wish Graham would buy me a coffee." Ruby sulks, elbows on the counter as she watches him through the window.
"Actually, Ruby..." you consider. "Make that two." You slap another $5 bill on the counter.

Coffee #2 in hand. You decide to head for the town hall.
That's where Mayor's usually are, right?
It's a small town so it's not hard to find.
There's a rather regal looking entryway, marked with the name, MAYOR MILLS.
Sounds right.
You knock.
"Yes?" A rather exasperated voice returns.
You walk in. "Ivy!" She sits upright in her chair; surprised.
"I always stick by my word." You present the coffee in your hand and walk toward the desk. "I'm sorry if you're busy..." you begin, taking in the, rather enormous, office.
Regina doesn't speak for a moment, merely watching you in astonishment, though you don't notice.
"Oh, no, dear." She picks up the coffee and takes a sip. "Thank you." The words come out of her mouth twisted and you can tell she's uncomfortable even muttering the phrase.
This woman has some serious trauma.
"You don't like colour much, do you?" You notice.
"Excuse me?" She questions.
"Your office is all black and white."
"It appears you're very perceptive, Miss Swan." She sarcastically taunts.
"I guess it does." You match her energy.
A silence occurs for a minute. "...You know-"
You begin but a knock from the door cuts through.
"Ah, Mayor Mills." The somewhat hobbley man practically hisses through a smile. "I'm sorry, I didn't understand that you had company." He turns to you, a smug look on his face.
"Oh, no I was just-" you prepare to leave as you briefly turn to Regina.
"She was dropping in for an introduction to the town." She smiles back at the man, the same sneer on her own face.
Clearly something weird is going on here.
"Well, I hope Regina can do the town justice for you, Miss....?" He outstretches a hand arrogantly.
"Swan."
Briefly his grip tightens around your hand and you frown before he looks back up at you.
"Swan." He smiles tightly. "Of course you are."
"Mr Gold is there any business you have brought to my office, this morning?" Regina suddenly pulls him out of his stare.
"On second thought, you seem rather busy." He waves it off. "I'll let you get on with it, dearie." He gives you one last look over before turning away.
You frown toward Regina, who's eyes only once briefly turn to yours.
She's watching the man intently.