Chapter 24

"Are you alright?" MM asks once again.
"I'm fine!" You relax more. "I just got overwhelmed I guess. But I've got a new drink."
"Good. I was worried about the waste of alcohol." Ruby smirks.

"Why do you keep looking at the bar?" Ruby questions you as everyone keeps talking between themselves. "See a man you like?"
You scoff.
"Definitely not." You chuckle. "I was just people watching."
"If you love people watching so much, you know Roni's hiring right now."
"She is?"
"Yeah. Go ask her about it."
"Alright." You shrug, siking yourself up to go and speak to her once again.
"Get me a double vodka whilst you're there!" Ruby calls as you're walking over.
You shoot a thumbs up to her and head for the bar.
"I'll be right with you." Roni notices you straight away and gives you a slight wink.
Again, you try desperately to hide your blush.
Looking around the bar you notice a few people. Killian, for one, still drinking rum. And some rather rugged men, drinking what looks like, beer.
"Another vodka soda?" Roni pulls you out of your thoughts.
"Yes, please. And a double vodka for Ruby."
"Coming right up." She smirks.
God, she's beautiful.
"I heard you're hiring." You call over the bar top.
Roni smirks even harder.
"Oh, the girl who spills drinks wants a job, huh?"
You chuckle.
"Maybe." You can't help but grin.
"It's pretty full-time. Evening work." She clarifies as she finishes pouring one drink. "And I'd have to train you. It's not as easy as I make it look." She winks.
"I'm sure." You smile. "If you'd let me interview, I'd love to."
"Okay, how old are you?" She stops serving and looks you dead in the eye, setting her arms on the bar top.
"Right now?" You're slightly flustered. "Uh- 22."
She nods.
"Are you available 6 evenings a week?"
"Sure."
"You're hired."
"Really?" You gawk.
"Yeah. You seem trustworthy enough."
"You're kidding."
"Why? Are you a secret murderer or something?" She smirks once again, sliding over your last drink.
She has no idea.
"No." Your smitten smile comes out a little.
Reaching for your card, she places her hand on top of yours.
"It's on the house." She wipes her hands on her skin tight jeans.
"What? No." You shake your head, attempting again.
"Consider it an induction gift." She winks, pushing your hand back toward your bag.
You can't tell if this version of Regina is just super flirty or if she's actually into you.
"Thank you." You smile back, before turning back to the group and feeling her eyes on you.

"Guess who just got a job." You smile as you put your drinks down.
"What?" Graham grins.
"Just now?" August looks surprised.
"That's my girl!" Ruby engulfs you in a hug.
"Yeah, I just had a little interview with Roni."
"At the bar?" MM gawks.
"Mhm." You sip your drink.
"Very official." August quips.
"That's very Roni." Graham nods.
He proposes a toast and you each touch your glasses together as you celebrate.
What the fuck is going on? You think to yourself.
No sign of Emma or Henry... or even your father?

"Come on guys, I need you out, it's time for close." Roni calls out to the remaining customers.
Killian is still in the corner and you almost feel bad for him, he's lost without Emma.
"I'm not leaving until that pretty lady leaves." He slurs as he points at you.
Gross.
Never mind.
Roni looks to you and immediately glares at the slumped man. It's a Regina glare for sure.
She's in there somewhere.
"I said get out, waster." She grabs her baseball bat to scare him out of his seat. "And if you talk about my customer's like that again you'll never come back." She pushes him out the door and you can't help but smirk.
"Thank you." You mouth so only she can see.
"I was thinking of having more drinks at mine, if you guys wanted to?" August suggests.
Everyone seemed up for it, Ruby wanted to drink more and MM wanted to make sure she was okay.
You weren't too excited about the idea.
You wished you could stay here.
"I'm just gonna walk home."
"Are you sure? It's not that safe." Graham asks.
"I'll be alright." You decline his underlying offer to walk you.
"Hey, Ivy?" Roni calls out.
"Yeah?" You eagerly respond.
"Do you have a minute to check out the uniform? I can walk you home after, if your friends are worried."
"Sure. That would be great."
"No offence, Roni, but do you think you could take on any big scary man who might follow you home?" Graham asks once again.
You roll your eyes.
"With ease, deputy." She pulls out her baseball bat for show, once again.
"Alright. I trust you." He chuckles before they end up leaving the bar.
It's just the two of you now and somehow you scold yourself for getting in these situations.
You sit at the bar, watching her put away the last few bottles.
"You want some help?"
"Sure. Can you just wipe down the top?" She chucks you a cloth and sets down some cleaner.
Your mind floods with thoughts at a million miles per hour as you desperately think of something to say.
"How long does it take to train someone?" You finally ask, tying your hair up.
"How much common sense have you got?"
"Enough." You chuckle.
"Not too long then." She finishes her job and watches you for a moment.
"Do you want me to wipe down anything else?"
"No that's okay, I'll do the tables in the morning." She looks awkward for a moment.
"Alright." You smile as you pass her the items.
"Uniform." She reminds herself. "Follow me."
Again, you can't help but stare at her ass.
Regina wouldn't mind, you tell yourself.
"We have aprons, just in case any drinks spill. I never wear mine how you're supposed to." She passes you one. "And t shirts, if you want one."
"Sure." You smile. "Oh-" you begin. "I should ask what the hourly rate is."
"$20 an hour. If you're good, it'll go up."
"Cool." You nod.
"When can you start?" She puts her hands in her back pockets.
"Tomorrow?"
"You're eager aren't you?" She smirks.
"Maybe."
"Why don't you come in for training early? You can help me wipe the tables and set up?"
"Sure, what time?"
"2? How about 2-12?"
"Works for me."
"Where have you been all this time?" She chuckles but it hits you straight in the heart.
That's what Regina would say.
You notice her get her coat.
"You really don't have to walk me home, Roni."
"It's really no trouble." She shakes her head.
"But if you walk me, then you're walking home alone."
"I can handle myself." She winks.
She needs to stop doing that before you go crazy.
"What about the baseball bat?" You grab your coat, watching her head for the door.
"I don't need it."
You laugh at her.