Chapter 11

"What the hell was that?!" Emma questions you as soon as you step back inside the station.
You wiped the smile off your face back in the corridor so you're immediately taken back by this question.
"What?!" You defend.
"I just saw Regina walk past, SMILING. What did you do to her? Did you sleep with her?!" Emma gawks.
"What? In the corridor?" You counter. "Are you out of your mind?! Maybe I'm just the only person in this town who's nice to her." You pointedly add.
"Maybe that's because you don't know her." Emma retorts.
"No- maybe it's because you don't know her." You counter. "She's been nice to me since I arrived and so I show her that kindness back."
"It must have been one hell of a kindness to have her smiling like that." Emma scoffs.
"Emma." You scold her. "Maybe you shouldn't be so judgemental of people."
"Maybe you shouldn't be so naive."
"I'm not doing this. Do you want help or not?" You stand, finalising the argument.
"Go through those sheets."
"Great." You exhale, releasing the tension from your body.

"So when are you gonna tell me where you keep going?" Emma bites into her grilled cheese as you settle in granny's for lunch.
"When are you gonna remember that it's none of your business?" You quip.
"You're sleeping with someone, aren't you?" She excitedly chimes.
"Emma!" You scold her. "I am not."
"Not yet?"
"No."
"Who is it?"
"Emma."
"Oh, come on!" She pleads. "I'm your sister." She pouts.
"Don't pout." You frown.
She pauses for a moment. "Is it Ruby?"
"Emma. Please."
"Fine!" She rolls her eyes. "I guess I'll find out myself."
"I promise I'll tell you when the time is right." You look her in the eye so she knows your being honest.
"It must be serious." She continues her sandwich.
"It's not."
"But you want it to be?"
"I guess so." You shrug, being careful what you say.
"I'm happy for you then." She shrugs. "As long as whoever they are is treating you right and you're happy. That's all that matters."
"Thanks, Em." You smile. "How's Henry doing?"
"He's good." She nods. "He wants to stay at ours tonight."
"Oh he does?" You frown.
"Yeah. Mom just texted me. He's staying over."
"That's nice."
"Maybe he'll bring his book so you can read some to him?" She suggests, clueless to any thought process going on in your mind.
"I'm actually going out tonight."
"Again?" She gawks.
"Yeah." You wince. "Tell mom I promise I'll be round for dinner tomorrow night. I hate letting her down."
"You're not letting her down. She's just confused." Emma clarifies. "She doesn't know where you're going and she's worried you're spending too much time on your own."
You smile at your mother's concern.
"Will you please tell her I'm okay?" You chuckle. "And I'll see her tomorrow."
"Yeah." Emma gulps her hot chocolate.
"Thanks." You begin wondering what could happen tonight. Whether Regina would be happy to see you on her own, or if that would be too much, again.
"Ivy!" Emma snaps you out of your thoughts.
"What?" You gasp, somewhat jolted by the interruption of your thoughts.
"I said I don't need you for the afternoon. You're free to go." She slowly repeats.
"Oh. Thanks." You smile. "I'll see you tomorrow then." You get up from the table to avoid anymore sisterly snooping.
"Yeah." She frowns at you, clearly wanting to ask more.
You don't give her the chance, jetting out of that diner and heading straight back to your hotel room.
A surge of excitement rips through you as you realise you're going to see Regina this evening.
You debate going to her office and asking if you can still join her... though you scrap that when you realise you can just pretend you had no idea Henry wasn't going to be there and show up.
You immediately shower, full body scrub and shave. Hair wash and face mask.
You pick out a white shirt, oversized blazer, jeans and boots.
Somewhat smart but not trying too hard.
Blowing out your hair and applying some make up.
You realise it's already 5.
It's been 3 hours since you left Emma.
Jesus.
Quickly, you grab your purse and spritz on some perfume.

You decide you need to take some wine and flowers to her. She's been more than hospitable to you since you've arrived so it's the least you can do.
"Fancy seeing you here." You hear a male voice before someone approaches you.
You turn to see Graham.
"Oh, hi." You politely greet him.
"You need wine recommendations?" He gestures to the fridge you're stood in front of.
"Actually, I do." You chuckle.
"A special occasion?" He practically grins.
"Uh- no." You shake your head. "Just a gift."
"Right." He nods, beginning to look at the options.
"You like red or white?"
"White." He begins to look closer. "I'm beginning to think I shouldn't trust your judgement." You chuckle.
"You are suspiciously trusting." He laughs along.
"I'll take the expensive one... just in case." You decide.
"Must be a special gift."
"You could say that." You smile, grabbing the bottle and turning toward the flower section. "See you round!" You wave goodbye and the man does the same.
"Have a good evening."
You pick up some lilies and call it a day, heading to the checkout and immediately heading toward Regina's.