Thirteenth Meow - Reunion and Run!

The street lights flickered, like a firefly light when you were sightseeing by the swamp

The street lights flickered, like a firefly light when you were sightseeing by the swamp. But it doesn't give comfort like those fireflies, but an eerie feeling. An eerie feeling that complimented the cold and harsh wind. Aegir could feel it slap his skin, almost like something bad can happen—like those horror movies he and Anthony watched before. In addition to that is the quiet and hushed sound of the night—those crickets doing their nightly horror orchestra. 

Maybe he shouldn't have left? 

He shook his head. No, Anthony's life will be in danger if he stays. 

He doesn't know where he is right now. All he knows is that he's far from the street where Anthony's house is. He thinks he's by the park somewhere. There's a bench beside the streetlight, a rusty looking bench that is made of metal. Surrounding the place are bushes and trees. The place doesn't look scary when it's in the morning, Aegir remembered Anthony took him here for a walk before because he lacked exercise. He ate a lot and was very lazy. 

Aegir decided to sit on one of the benches. This eased the soreness his feet felt from all the walking. "I shouldn't be this tired, guess I got some human habits from my master. " He could find himself chuckling at what he had uttered. 

He laid his back on the bench and sighed. He could feel his body tremble because of the cold. He should have been okay with this kind of cold, he's a stray, but he guessed that living in a place that's warm made him forget the place where he belonged.

He smiled bitterly. He embraced himself to minimize the coldness he felt. Inhaling his pink colored shirt which smelled like Anthony's detergent... Aegir found himself whimpering. 

He layed on the bench in a fetal position. Tears made its way in his eyes. "I don't want to be here." His voice squeaked. "No... But... I don't want Anthony to be hurt. I can't... I can't. "

His mouth opened, teeth clenched as he made an ugly cry. He feels so alone. Crying in the dead of the night, with no Anthony to cheer him up or feed him food and milk. 

Aegir never noticed some footsteps coming in his way, hooded people seemingly heard him and they'll come... not to comfort him. 

A heard of a gun clicking could be heard, some are mumbling some strange words as blood dripped from their hands.