Nineteenth Meow - Unkindness

Dedicated to kai_8827. Thank you for the review!

WARNING: GRAPHIC THEMES AHEAD.

The more they set their eyes to the countless dead bodies in the dark alley, the more the pit in their stomachs deepened

The more they set their eyes to the countless dead bodies in the dark alley, the more the pit in their stomachs deepened. Artemisia, among all the people gathered around, holds the most grief and rage. Her face with no remnants of any emotions but her heart in a deep turmoil; gritting her teeth, she holds her hands over her chest and utters a silent prayer.

She bit her lips in silent frustration. She took her hand over her hair, running it straight resembling a comb.

For a hundred years of bloodshed and countless traitors... she finally had found someone who can give peace to the captive souls—Anthony.

Although it's aching for her to bring him to this chaos—but fate is a cheating player.

She fixed her gaze to the young man, softly smiling. Although his face, pale and his set of golden eyes registered uncertainty and... fear. He still stood there, one by one, checking each body. She knew that his legs were near to giving up but somehow his will remained stronger.

She never had thought that the young man who always cower and cry for years can muster courage.

She knew his pain. She's always listening and painfully; she cannot do anything but to watch. A memory from the past resurfaced from her mind.

A teenage boy around 13 was sitting on the cold floor; wailing loudly. His eyebrows, creased in a tight frown as he let all of his tears fall. His face was already red from his frequent trying to catch his own breath when he hiccups. He never cared if he still hadn't eaten or about the presence of a bloodied wound on his knee when he ran and fall to the ground.

His eyes were red and puffy from all the crying. He was tightly embracing a picture frame on his chest; repeating the same sentences again and again hoping that the one he's seeking will magically appear to his side. Behind him is a very angry lady, his aunt; who didn't even try consoling the kid but in turn found the kid unreasonable. In her right hand, she holds a broom that probably she'll use to strike the kid.