Twenty Third Meow - Words Hurts

TW: Depression and power tripping

Silence washed over the place; only the sound of breathing and the constant taps made by a shoe could be heard inside an elevator

Silence washed over the place; only the sound of breathing and the constant taps made by a shoe could be heard inside an elevator.  Anthony was one of the five people inside the elevator; his eyes fixed on the floor while his hands were fidgeting over his tie.  He heaved a sigh,  trying not to push his hands to go wet from perspiration because of the anxiety he is feeling or else it'll feel like raining even tough there's no clouds inside a building.

They were summoned in the council preceded by protectors;  powerful beings from each race,  not including humans.  They'll be discussing their next moves regarding the djinbes and how a member from the vampire race was leading this uproar.

Anthony always hates speaking to "powerful" people.  He's sure not all of them are nice.  He's quite informed that too much power may bring you to high heavens but will make your attitude resembling archdemons in hell.  Take for example,  Mr. So,  his gorilla-goblin satan spawn hybrid editor.

His gaze went over the only female inside the elevator; a sophisticated looking female wearing a mermaid cut royal purple gown;  she's wearing a match set of tear shaped diamond as her necklace and pair of earrings.  It highlighted her simple but dashing light purple makeup and crimson shade lipstick.

He cleared his throat and nervously smiled.  "Why do we need to wear something fancy again,  Artemisia? " He asked her; scratching his head. 

He does understand that meeting a hot shot is important but he despises wearing fancy clothing—it restricts his movements!

For the first time,  both Vin and Alucard, who is one step closer from throwing their suits on the wall, could agree.  Only Aegir was the one happy because it's his first time wearing one. 

Aegir pouted,  looking at his black suit;  secretly sending daggers to his master's back because he doesn't like the outfit.  Aegir was even wanting for Anthony to compliment him. 

Although the truth was,  Anthony already had his time to oogle over Aegir's suit and start his 'daily questioning routine' that always ends with him just trying to compliment his housemate. But saying it verbally is something Anthony's tongue-tied self couldn't bear to do.