Second Meow - A Thief's Reason

"COME BACK HERE! You pest! " An angry middle-aged fat woman with thick yellow-colored eyeshadow and smudged pink lipstick shouted like a tortured walrus

"COME BACK HERE! You pest! " An angry middle-aged fat woman with thick yellow-colored eyeshadow and smudged pink lipstick shouted like a tortured walrus. She's holding her dirtied sandals as she runs.

She almost slipped on a dirty puddle a while ago as she chased a white furball with gray patches.

But the culprit never stopped running as his mouth secures a piece of tuna fish he stole from the raging woman. A glint of satisfaction passed through his forest-green orbs as his sensitive ears picked up a sound of hoarse breathing and gasps.

"C-Come back here! Give me back my expensive tuna! I always wanted to eat that. . ."

He heard a thud, he knew that's his cue to stop running and looked at the pitiful woman almost sleeping in the cement.

'Heh! That's what you get from eating too much and being greedy. ' The cat thought and stopped himself from smirking or else his meal would fall.

The woman started to squeal and cried like a baby as she tried to stand up. He heard that the money used to purchase the tuna came from the lady's monthly salary.

'I should have pitied you, but I am sorry, ugly auntie, but I am so hungry today and consider my continuous burglary as payment from the abuse you gave me when I was still a weak kitten. '

If he was a human, he's certain that his look could kill.

He could clearly remember when he was still a kitten. It was rainy back then and he found a nice warm cardboard box to ease the creeping coldness he felt. The box was located in a human's small gazebo. He was lucky.

He proceeded to lick himself dry and purred. He wanted to sleep. It's been weeks since he last felt this comfortable. His old cardboard box was snatched away from him by human kids, they put him inside and dropped him in a pond. He was carried away by the water. Almost drowning for almost 30 minutes.

If not because of a kind elderly woman, he had already died.

"Meow, meow, meow. " He stretched his paw and closed his eyes.